Certified Legendary Thread Corona, Jamaica ooh I wanna take ya (COVID-19 Information & Discussion Here) Part 2 "The Second Wave"

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wasn't a protester, but a man having a medical episode. 2 cops there need to end up in front of a magistrate defending themselves against a serious assault charge. The head stomper and there was a stomach kick I'm pretty sure I saw. I wonder whether the car bunt is actually a trained tactic. 2 lawyers on daytime TV have ignored that and have only really mentioned ramifications from the head stomp.

Thats because depending on the circumstances a stomach kick is permissible to subdue or restrain a person.

Jun 7, 2011
Mount Gambier
AFL Club
Adelaide
Thats because depending on the circumstances a stomach kick is permissible to subdue or restrain a person.

When they're already on the ground or on their way down? I accept it's a damned if do or don't situation, but that seemed excessive given their numbers and he was basically heading down at the point. He wasn't getting back up at that moment, was already on way down.

mistylake

Cancelled
10k Posts
Mar 21, 2014
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood, Canadiens, Maroons.
My god you are a piece of work. Believe every other piece of bullshit you read, but not when it goes against your mindset.
I just curiously want to know more about it but can only trace to a news outlet called National times Facebook page. The post not getting much attention with only 9 comments. Apparently sourced from Logan crime watch Facebook page but I couldn’t find anything more enlightening than this single post. It seems more interesting than a single screenshot. Maybe why it’s not been looked at by main stream media.

rocket18

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 9, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Goody Saints
Can't quite get my head around this piece of logic from the SA Police Commissioner.

"It's simply not possible for us to be confident that a person driving between ACT and South Australia has not had contact with members of the New South Wales community," Commissioner Stevens said.

So you can fly from the ACT to SA, no worries but you can't drive cos you might come across some NSW community.

Good thing the NSW community are not allowed into the ACT (or even at the airport before you fly to SA) :drunk:

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-09-15/sa-cancels-quarantine-requirement-act-but-not-nsw/12664688

Last edited:

ad victoriam

Brownlow Medallist
Jan 2, 2016
Barossa
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
CDFC

Well there goes the argument that supposedly it's impossible for the federal government to handle quarantine and it has to be the states. Whats your next excuse ad victoriam
Thanks for proving my Piont, the Fed need the states to agree,
Also let be honest can you not see the remifications if the NT agree came to pass and 2000 plus Australian were forced to quanitine in Outback Australia, or 2000 force to quyanitine in disuse mining camp outback WA,
But again the states need to come to the party along with the Feds,
And I did not write the constitution,

Vhaluus

Cancelled
10k Posts
May 13, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide
Also let be honest can you not see the remifications if the NT agree came to pass and 2000 plus Australian were forced to quanitine in Outback Australia, or 2000 force to quyanitine in disuse mining camp outback WA,

Why do they need to agree? Also please point me to a single source that the states have resisted the federal government handling it.

ad victoriam

Brownlow Medallist
Jan 2, 2016
Barossa
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
CDFC
Why do they need to agree? Also please point me to a single source that the states have resisted the federal government handling it.
You should look up Federalism also check out Division of Power there are other areas,
Never mention the states disagreeing with it, Only mention the Feds cannot force the states to take Quanitined Australians, they would first require permission from the states,
Also Vic governement did a good job in refuse Fed help, Just not on Quanitne housing

mistylake

Cancelled
10k Posts
Mar 21, 2014
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
expensive excursion to Canada.
It was hard to sell at the time strangely enough. I was third owner. The bloke who bought it from me said he was the first owner and had driven it out of Peter Brocks HDT workshops in Victoria with plastic still on the seats and door trims. I only found out about the provenance after he paid me and loaded it on a car trailer. 😫
I have a feeling he’s probably still got it.

Aug 9, 2019
Victorian Central Highlands
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Panthers, GWV Rebels, Central Augusta
Well that ended well for Comrade Dan and his Emergency Management Victoria Commissioner Andrew Crisp.....yet they both keep denying it now the cat has been belled.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

mistylake

Cancelled
10k Posts
Mar 21, 2014
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
The impex camp in Darwin is just out of town. It’s basically a resort but basic workers camp style has a pub restaurant recreation areas. It’s bloody perfect for this job.

ad victoriam

Brownlow Medallist
Jan 2, 2016
Barossa
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
CDFC
The impex camp in Darwin is just out of town. It’s basically a resort but basic workers camp style has a pub restaurant recreation areas. It’s bloody perfect for this job.
Lets be totally Honest Try telling aperson from Melb, Sydney, Brisbane, Perth, Adelaide that have to Quantiane in the NT even if it resort like at there exprenss,
How would they, there friends and Family react.
We would adding pages to this dicussion on there rights to be in the home state.

mistylake

Cancelled
10k Posts
Mar 21, 2014
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Lets be totally Honest Try telling aperson from Melb, Sydney, Brisbane, Perth, Adelaide that have to Quantiane in the NT even if it resort like at there exprenss,
How would they, there friends and Family react.
We would adding pages to this dicussion on there rights to be in the home state.
That is pretty logical I agree.
I think the government should be paying though and should be getting the rooms at a good discount They are not exactly being booked solid with tourists presently and should welcome the business.

fortunatecrow

Premiership Player
Oct 17, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide
Well that ended well for Comrade Dan and his Emergency Management Victoria Commissioner Andrew Crisp.....yet they both keep denying it now the cat has been belled.

I just don't understand how anyone would think they the truth wouldn't emerge when there was such an extensive paper trail. A bizarre decision to think that the truth would stay hidden

If your going to tell porkies best have a good memory Comrade Daniel Andrews.

Yes, why would every other jurisdiction take up the Commonwealth's offer of the ADF... yet apparently Victoria had no offer.

Only an idiot would believe the Commonwealth made the offer to all but Victoria.

This was one of the biggest blunders ever by a Government as it's effectively cost hundreds of lives, thousands ill millions inconvenienced & the economy tens of billions of dollars

... yet not one person has been held accountable.

fortunatecrow

Premiership Player
Oct 17, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide
Bad decision not to accept the help of the ADF - but they could have just said: OK, with the benefit of hindsight we should have said yes - and I reckon they'd battle through.

But the way they have done it they have undeniable lying + cover up. Madness.

Oct 14, 2005
Canberra
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood, Adelaide Crows
Big question is the capacity. How many people can be quarantined there at any one time?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back