Certified Legendary Thread Corona, Jamaica ooh I wanna take ya (COVID-19 Information & Discussion Here) Part 2 "The Second Wave"

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not only talking about the vaccine I am also talking about additional help, to both to you and your family, Yes it can include an early vaccine if you choose, One Like the Queensland developed Vaccine,
And I will say this now You may work in the medical industry, but for someone that does, you not to well informed about what going on, more so considering yours from Queensland.
Do you actually read the information you should be getting if you work in the industry, Or when you say work in the industry you mean, Nurse

PS I was trying to Help, yet you attack, and I do not believe you fully understand what assistance you can get,
You need to learn to walk away from conversations where the poster doesn't want to keep discussing.

Seriously... let it go. I work in the industry. And I will NOT be taking the “early” vaccine.
Anyone who is offering taking any vaccine made available in the next 6 months or so before proper testing is a complete idiot.

Jun 7, 2011
Mount Gambier
AFL Club
Adelaide
Not only talking about the vaccine I am also talking about additional help, to both to you and your family, Yes it can include an early vaccine if you choose, One Like the Queensland developed Vaccine,
And I will say this now You may work in the medical industry, but for someone that does, you not to well informed about what going on, more so considering yours from Queensland.
Do you actually read the information you should be getting if you work in the industry, Or when you say work in the industry you mean, Nurse

PS I was trying to Help, yet you attack, and I do not believe you fully understand what assistance you can get,

More like admin support I'd suggest. I don't think Jennis a scientist of any description.

ad victoriam

Brownlow Medallist
Jan 2, 2016
Barossa
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
CDFC
I am not a nurse. I work in an Industry that develops drugs... you know, like vaccines and stuff. I have access to plenty of information, thanks. your constant pushing of the vaccine story is equally amusing as it is frustrating. I’m well aware of what I need to do regarding my health and safety.
Well, that surprises me as I would have thought being from Queensland you have the latest info from the Queensland Uni Vaccine yet you have disputed the timeline several times when I mentioned it,
I thought with you being in that field you would understand the need for a vaccine and the amount of money and research spent worldwide into developing one, which has been unprecedented in History,
I would expect a person with your background to understand the reasoning behind pushing a vaccine through, And I am not talking Trump-style push but the push from the highly qualified scientist's in this field, This virus is not going away until a vaccine has been developed,

Now for the Non-scientist side of the argument, if a Vaccine has not to be developed and rolled to the public in the next year, it may not be in time to stop the biggest side effects, Mass Population staving and looking at the neighbours greedily, We could see government toppled, minor wars started, you get the picture,
We are in a race and time is the bad guy. Look around even in Australia people are fed up and showing in a more aggressive way.

Well, that surprises me as I would have thought being from Queensland you have the latest info from the Queensland Uni Vaccine yet you have disputed the timeline several times when I mentioned it,
I thought with you being in that field you would understand the need for a vaccine and the amount of money and research spent worldwide into developing one, which has been unprecedented in History,
I would expect a person with your background to understand the reasoning behind pushing a vaccine through, And I am not talking Trump-style push but the push from the highly qualified scientist's in this field, This virus is not going away until a vaccine has been developed,

Now for the Non-scientist side of the argument, if a Vaccine has not to be developed and rolled to the public in the next year, it may not be in time to stop the biggest side effects, Mass Population staving and looking at the neighbours greedily, We could see government toppled, minor wars started, you get the picture,
We are in a race and time is the bad guy. Look around even in Australia people are fed up and showing in a more aggressive way.
I have disputed it because I know how long these things take. I have disputed it because I know that much of what we see in the media is aimed at providing hope, and not necessarily the whole story. I know that, despite all the money thrown at this you cannot buy the one thing we need to ensure long term safety data and understanding, and that is time. You do not have to be a scientist to know this. But You need an understanding and knowledge of the process required to see a compound from its very early modelling stages through to the final production that ordinarily takes ten years and a billion dollars.

a vaccine of sorts may well be produced within these time lines you say... but there is absolutely no guarantee as to it’s safety or clinical efficacy given the lack of time to ascertain the full picture.

Mar 21, 2016
Down South Corvus Tristis
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt, White Sox
Starving?

I agree there will be regime changes in some countries by groups too stupid to understand or too greedy for power to care.

mistylake

Cancelled
10k Posts
Mar 21, 2014
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood, Canadiens, Maroons.
The world is funny place when Clive Palmer is the good guy!
You’d have to think bringing in a law specifically so a business can’t sue you would be unconstitutional. The kind of thing expected by Vlad Putin or Xi Jinping. What’s next declaration of “Premier for life” or other dictatorship acts.

mistylake

Cancelled
10k Posts
Mar 21, 2014
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Given most people seem to be going about their business normally now and the incidence of flu has fallen off a cliff, I think a proportion of the population understand that hygiene and keeping your distance assists in the spread of things and will automatically become part of people’s daily habits.
I like the hygiene thing. It’s easy to use the hand sanitizer when offered. The distancing isn’t something I like. I pretty much forget every time and then have to back up a bit. The hand shaking has resumed to normal in Cairns. My cousin was in Cairns last week and we caught up for a beer shook hands and his wife passed him the sanitizer. 😂 My Little pencil went straight back in the jar on the counter after my golf game yesterday. So that was at least normal.

mistylake

Cancelled
10k Posts
Mar 21, 2014
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
The COVID app is very like Jack Watts: it's not nice to talk about either. ;)
I heard on TV last night that it has been completely ineffective and that the government is now steadfastly refusing to respond to requests for information on its performance.
I think it would be safe to remove it from my phone. Every restaurant has the log in now anyway.

fortunatecrow

Premiership Player
Oct 17, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide
You’d have to think bringing in a law specifically so a business can’t sue you would be unconstitutional. The kind of thing expected by Vlad Putin or Xi Jinping. What’s next declaration of “Premier for life” or other dictatorship acts.
It is. There was a very long-running case involving Bell Group liquidators suing the banks and then even more litigation about who got the money when they won. The WA government passed a law intended to give them a higher share (which was fair, except that they had signed a different contract) and got smashed in the High Court. Same thing will happen here. Clive Palmer sees the world differently to you & me - have met him - but he has a brain the size of planet. Brain the size of planet + heaps of cash + DGAF = pain for the WA government

Vhaluus

Cancelled
10k Posts
May 13, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide
It is. There was a very long-running case involving Bell Group liquidators suing the banks and then even more litigation about who got the money when they won. The WA government passed a law intended to give them a higher share (which was fair, except that they had signed a different contract) and got smashed in the High Court. Same thing will happen here. Clive Palmer sees the world differently to you & me - have met him - but he has a brain the size of planet. Brain the size of planet + heaps of cash + DGAF = pain for the WA government

Ego, the word you're looking for is ego, not brain.

Or at least I hope that's what you mean.

I suspect the Venn diagram between those who think Clive Palmer is smart and those who think Donald Trump is smart is actually just a single circle.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

mistylake

Cancelled
10k Posts
Mar 21, 2014
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
damn my housemate is on that diet at the moment - i just don;t even know how i would deal
Lots of eggs 🍳 and Bacon 🥓, pork bellies, and Bighead beer. I lost about 6-7kg in a month. Which was the goal.

mistylake

Cancelled
10k Posts
Mar 21, 2014
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
I’d say Clive’s solicitor absolutely adores him. Could make a career out of the one client. 🤣

mistylake

Cancelled
10k Posts
Mar 21, 2014
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Ego, the word you're looking for is ego, not brain.

Or at least I hope that's what you mean.

I suspect the Venn diagram between those who think Clive Palmer is smart and those who think Donald Trump is smart is actually just a single circle.
You’d have to be pretty clued up to be so successful in business as both of these. A fair sized ego would also be helpful to.
To many dudes out to fleece you, if you were a complete dolt.

Vhaluus

Cancelled
10k Posts
May 13, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide
You’d have to be pretty clued up to be so successful in business as both of these. A fair sized ego would also be helpful to.
To many dudes out to fleece you, if you were a complete dolt.

"successful"?

Trump would be significantly wealthier than he is today if he'd just put his inherited money in an index fund.

Instead he has had numerous businesses go bankrupt under him, accumulated a personal debt of $400m USD and kept himself afloat due to his ties to the mob.

Palmer on the other hand has actually accumulated his own wealth, that I'll grant you. But if you follow his history it's because he's a sociopath who is willing to take dishonest and often illegal actions in the pursuit of a payday.

Nov 28, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
LIVFC
My fellow Melbourne residing posters will probably relate alot to this piece-

I know Bicks lives in rural Vic so has been affected too - just like the whole country Im not trying to gatekeep here - but probably closer to other states restrictions rather than Melb CBD

Obviously Crows board doesn't have a heap of Vic posters but for a while now ive noticed the ones playing political football with Melbs lockdown the most dont actually live in Melb - interesting thought when couple with the above piece

Anyway it's a glorious day today and I'm meeting a friend for lebanese bakery treats in the park before i start work - small wins

Vhaluus

Cancelled
10k Posts
May 13, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide

I know Bicks lives in rural Vic so has been affected too - just like the whole country Im not trying to gatekeep here - but probably closer to other states restrictions rather than Melb CBD

Obviously Crows board doesn't have a heap of Vic posters but for a while now ive noticed the ones playing political football with Melbs lockdown the most dont actually live in Melb - interesting thought when couple with the above piece

Anyway it's a glorious day today and I'm meeting a friend for lebanese bakery treats in the park before i start work - small wins

And yet Dan Andrews is still doing very well in opinion polls. So trying to claim that it's only non melbournites that are supporting the lockdown is disingenuous

fortunatecrow

Premiership Player
Oct 17, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide

I'm one of those in Melbourne. This author is like a lot of others - seems to be thinking of this in terms of the social and mental impact of the lockdowns themselves, without much of a view about what it will be like when the lockdown ends and the recession starts to bite.

Yep the lockdown is annoying /boring/frustrating (and yes much tougher than that for school age kids or living alone) & thank goodness for some kind of a football season, but it ain't the bad bit. The bad bit hasn't started yet.

ad victoriam

Brownlow Medallist
Jan 2, 2016
Barossa
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
CDFC
Starving?

I agree there will be regime changes in some countries by groups too stupid to understand or too greedy for power to care.

Yea Staving there were some reports earlier that predicted Famines, And recently reports of Coronavirus era Famine, affecting some countries,
While the following article is not proof they do highlight that there is more issue related to COVID than a few belief.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back