Certified Legendary Thread Corona, Jamaica ooh I wanna take ya (COVID-19 Information & Discussion Here) Part 2 "The Second Wave"

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
They identified him as a Spanish student who works at Woodville Pizza Bar. Which lead to him being personally identified.

IIRC they also stated his age as well. I mean his age, ethnic background and where he worked.

It was a slam dunk as to him being personally identified.

On the Pfizer vaccine site...

“We still do not know how (the vaccine) interacts and behaves with medicines or medical devices used for existing conditions,” the site warns under its COVID page.

also:

Dr Raine thanked those who had enlisted in clinical trials and said they will now be “inviting members of the public to join us in an active monitoring program” for any potential side-effects.

Yay. Let’s just test it as we go, shall we? Also let’s not worry about preexisting illnesses.
Which is why I suggest it is political rather than medical

With over 1,200,000 new cases since October 3 (can't be right??)

BoJo would be shitting himself hence the rushed approval

"oh let us know if you grow a 3rd eye, next please"

"He is extremely remorseful and deeply sorry for any part he played in any unnecessary lockdown actions," the statement read."

No admission he lied.

His lawyer can say in court.

"there is no evidence in the SAPOL investigation my client lied to any public official, therefore the public suggestion from the CMO and Premier my client lied whilst being interviewed is defamatory. Especially given this supposed lie led to a decision to lock the State down. Given my client was also identified publicly this caused hardship for my client as he was seen as the cause of the lockdown".

I am not saying it is right, just thinking this is how it could be presented in a court of law.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
I'm saying bring it on as he will have big public crowds following his every move if he takes it to court.

So why was he remorseful if he didn't do anything wrong.

The guy I feel for was the one incorrectly accused by Spurrier & was attacked in social media.

I'm saying bring it on as he will have big public crowds following his every move if he takes it to court.

So why was he remorseful if he didn't do anything wrong.

The guy I feel for was the one incorrectly accused by Spurrier & was attacked in social media.
His apology reads to me like his lawyer trying to gain sympathy without admitting he lied. Very carefully written.

True, the publicity such a case could do more harm to him.

But such a case is a good test for proper procedure and holding public officials to account.

Regardless of what a citizen has done, a public official should not incite a lynch mob mentality.

Yes that other guy is in a worse position. But I am unsure what legal recourse he has. They were more carefull in not identifying him. I saw his Facebook account flagged and he copped a lot of abuse. But that was found more through the FB network rather than identifiers being released by public officials.

That could have been any of us.

Tax returns
Stat Dec
Any official Government licence application
Acquiring Liquor or being on licensed premises in the over 18 part when under 18
Fraud, or obtaining goods/services by deceit.

All forms of lying punishable by law.

Well of course those to. I was just getting the ball rolling. 😉

So Vaccine has been approved. ✔
Pity they have only made 200,000 doses according to Vader .
But what’s this 😱 4 days later there is 800K on the way. ✔

🤣🤣🤣🤣

We won’t see any here until February March apparently. I can understand using it where needed first. We don’t need it, until they restart international flights. I guess the March timeline for flights slowly starting again looks on track to.

Qantas aren’t expecting international flights other than to NZ until mid 2021 at the earliest from the press release issued today.

Who knows for other airlines but first the government will have to approve international travel for its own residents and to do that it would also have to allow other countries citizens to come here. You can’t do one without the other.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Staff worker might have caught COVID-19 from Med hotel in NSW.....

This is never going to stop with medi-hotels. Need to make sure protocols are followed strictly - not ifs, no buts.

This is the only way it gets into our community. Governments and health officials need to nail this.

Would be nervous if you have a flight booked to Perth from Sydney. MacGowan will hard border them very quickly.

His apology reads to me like his lawyer trying to gain sympathy without admitting he lied. Very carefully written.

True, the publicity such a case could do more harm to him.

But such a case is a good test for proper procedure and holding public officials to account.

Regardless of what a citizen has done, a public official should not incite a lynch mob mentality.

Yes that other guy is in a worse position. But I am unsure what legal recourse he has. They were more carefull in not identifying him. I saw his Facebook account flagged and he copped a lot of abuse. But that was found more through the FB network rather than identifiers being released by public officials.

That could have been any of us.

Can a non-citizen actually sue the government?

This is never going to stop with medi-hotels. Need to make sure protocols are followed strictly - not ifs, no buts.

This is the only way it gets into our community. Governments and health officials need to nail this.

Would be nervous if you have a flight booked to Perth from Sydney. MacGowan will hard border them very quickly.
UK is supposedly rolling out the vaccine next week to the health and age care staff, the Australian government should purchase a few thousand of them and vaccinate all staff in these hotels.

It's the problem everyone faces, if they're planning on travelling interstate this Christmas/New Year period.

The ACT just took a repatriation flight last week, the first international flight to land here since June. The ACT Govt is doing everything they can - AFP & ADF guarding (not private contractors) and testing staff weekly. However, there is still a chance that this thing could get into the Canberra community here as well.

I'm planning on flying to WA in January, and it's incredibly risky given how easily this virus escapes containment. It's now escaped from medi-hotels in 3 states, there is nothing stopping the ACT from becoming the 4th jurisdiction where that happens.

The only way to prevent this is to ring-fence the entire community - both the (potentially infected) returned passengers, and the entire medi-hotel staff. This is the only way to ensure that it doesn't jump from the 1st ring (medi-staff hotel) to the 2nd ring (their families), and from there into the wider community.

UK is supposedly rolling out the vaccine next week to the health and age care staff, the Australian government should purchase a few thousand of them and vaccinate all staff in these hotels.
The Australian Govt has ordered 10M doses of the Pfizer vaccine. They're not expecting the TGA to approve it here until March 2021 at the earliest.

The UK currently has over 600 people dying of Coronavirus every day. There's a whole other level of political pressure on their TGA-equivalent, to approve the vaccine regardless of how incomplete the trial data may be.

Australia has only had 1 death in the last week, so the TGA is under a lot less pressure to act hastily.

Que the antivaxxer protests.

I’m happy to wait until mid 2022 to travel international other than New Zealand which should be ok early next year.

The Australian Govt has ordered 10M doses of the Pfizer vaccine. They're not expecting the TGA to approve it here until March 2021 at the earliest.

The UK currently has over 600 people dying of Coronavirus every day. There's a whole other level of political pressure on their TGA-equivalent, to approve the vaccine regardless of how incomplete the trial data may be.

Australia has only had 1 death in the last week, so the TGA is under a lot less pressure to act hastily.
Maybe fly in UK hotel staff who have had the vaccine injection for the 3 months period.

I've just been to the Woolies at the Tea Tree Plaza. They had a QR code, but no manual option, so everyone was just walking in without bothering to use their cameras.

The one at Parabanks had one of their QR codes hidden behind one of the sanitation stations. It's like they're proactively trying to avoid doing this.

He's only 'Thinking about it' at this stage.

Maybe he's learnt his lesson from shutting the SA border so fast.

The one at Parabanks had one of their QR codes hidden behind one of the sanitation stations. It's like they're proactively trying to avoid doing this.
I'm disappointed in Tea Tree Plaza ... no sanitising stations at the entrances. Some individual shops have them. The Woolworths one was empty, but they did have moist towlettes to wipe down the trolleys. Good to see a few customers in the mall wearing masks, but more people without them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back