Certified Legendary Thread Corona, Jamaica ooh I wanna take ya (COVID-19 Information & Discussion Here)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got a email from club jetstar.
flights from $39 šŸ˜.
Cairns Adelaide?
Sorry no good.
Hmm šŸ¤” Adelaide to anywhere then.
computer says no.
Thatā€™s right, South Australia isnā€™t part of Australia anymore. šŸ‘Ž
Sorry nephew looks like I wonā€™t be coming to your 21st a after all šŸ¤·šŸ»ā€ā™‚ļø.
Maybe Iā€™ll come to your next 21st.
šŸ¤¬

Got a email from club jetstar.
flights from $39 šŸ˜.
Cairns Adelaide?
Sorry no good.
Hmm šŸ¤” Adelaide to anywhere then.
computer says no.
Thatā€™s right, South Australia isnā€™t part of Australia anymore. šŸ‘Ž
Sorry nephew looks like I wonā€™t be coming to your 21st a after all šŸ¤·šŸ»ā€ā™‚ļø.
Maybe Iā€™ll come to your next 21st.
šŸ¤¬

Is Jetstar the only airline now?

Hereā€™s an example of the extremely left commentary of ABC presenters.
this morning the presenter was talking about the kid that got subdued be that cop sweeping his legs. She stated that the boys mother made a point of having to mind how you speak when around police and authority figures. Which the mother acknowledges as the correct thing to do. The ABC presenter than suggested this is a sad indictment on Society that the mother feels this way. So the presenter suggests itā€™s ok for a kid to talk back and disrespectfully to a police officer or any older person. I thought what the * are you talking about here no wonder teachers canā€™t control the kids anymore if parents are suggesting the old respect your elders is a bad idea. This attitude is a bad idea and for a radio presenter to feel this way is quite astonishing. Thatā€™s just anarchy.

I think that's a fair assessment - from my inexpert point of view, anyway. Seems to me that from the pov / level of the FBI, the rightards are more likely to be on their radar, because of the nature of the threat, whereas local police probably see more of the leftards /antifa. I guess if I was on the streets of Portland I'd feel I was more at risk of harassment / violence from antifa, that doesn't mean there's not a possibility of a lunatic right winger setting off a bomb or climbing to the top of a building with a rifle.

Really? Oh, WTF. Why are (some / most of) the media so desperate to not saying anything even remotely negative about these protests? (Never mind, I know why)

(Did she mention the cops who took a knee in front of the protestors? The UK Police really are losing the plot.)
No, she of course mentioned the cops who shoved the 7 news crew.

And that wasnā€™t even the ABCā€™s best effort today. The brekkie host is interviewing an African American and asked about systemic racism in the US. The AA says he doesnā€™t believe it does exist. The host says oh come on surely you donā€™t believe that.

Im not advocating either way, but who do you think might have more experience on the topic ?

Is Jetstar the only airline now?
Only one that flies direct. I havenā€™t checked but I thought it related to border closures.
Cairns Brissy $69 is pretty good.
It is in October so might still be ok by then. šŸ¤ž

And you would be wrong on both accounts.

Dandy lives in China and has to be very guarded with the language he uses when talking about the CCP. Surely you can understand this? Dandy fears being thrown out of the country, or being thrown in a concentration camp like the Uighurs, if he posts what he actually thinks of them. He's certainly no apologist.

Not sure why you think JB32 is a CCP mouthpiece either...
Surely not serious?

And that wasnā€™t even the ABCā€™s best effort today. The brekkie host is interviewing an African American and asked about systemic racism in the US. The AA says he doesnā€™t believe it does exist. The host says oh come on surely you donā€™t believe that.

Im not advocating either way, but who do you think might have more experience on the topic ?
I saw that to. Two African Americans. One on the drum and the one this morning pointed out that It goes both ways. You usually donā€™t get manhandled by a cop if you show them a bit of common respect.

Yep, saw that as well.

Nearly choked on my Weet Bix.

The bloke played NFL. As had a few concussions so has lost all grip on reality.

A regular contributor on Fox News. Credibility in the sewer if you are looking for balance.

He is calling the Democrats in Washington, Marxists. Really?

And is a Mormon.
Wants to repeal Obamacare and is against reparations for slavery.

Plot loss is strong with this one.

Enough said.

the kid didn't need to be taken out the way that he was

tell me when being a smartarse became against the law and validated a cop dropping him like that
He made a verbal threat to smash him in the face I believe.

I am serious, and don't call me Shirley.

You must have rocks in your head if you think that Dandy is in any way pro-CCP.
You made me laugh šŸ˜‚.

he comes off that way to me and I understand the background.

Some think Iā€™m a RWNJ.
But I think Iā€™m an agent provocateur.

Itā€™s hard to get the nuances from a quick text. Plus the anonymity frees the mouth a bit to.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep, saw that as well.

Nearly choked on my Weet Bix.

The bloke played NFL. As had a few concussions so has lost all grip on reality.

A regular contributor on Fox News. Credibility in the sewer if you are looking for balance.

He is calling the Democrats in Washington, Marxists. Really?

And is a Mormon.
Wants to repeal Obamacare and is against reparations for slavery.

Plot loss is strong with this one.

Enough said.
Iā€™m just one of those weird, listen to both sides, types.

You may not agree with what he says, but for an Aussie TV host to belittle his opinion, based upon his life lived as an AA - is pretty offensive.

I havenā€™t lived a life as an AA - why shouldnā€™t I listen to his views?

tell me when being a smartarse became against the law and validated a cop dropping him like that

I think itā€™s fair to take the kid in as a lesson about not threatening police. The immediate physical abuse was unnecessary though. The kid seemed to be complying as far as I could see.

Threatening to crack someoneā€™s jaw is actually an offence.

I agree the takedown and injuring was too much.

The concern now is that youth will be emboldened, thanks to poor parenting.

You made me laugh šŸ˜‚.

Some think Iā€™m a RWNJ.

Itā€™s hard to get the nuances from a quick text. Plus the anonymity frees the mouth a bit to.
I don't think you're a RWNJ. I think you're incredibly selfish, with a massive case of blue balls, who is incredibly cavalier with other people's lives - willing to see them die if it means you can get your rocks off sooner. But I don't think you're a RWNJ.

In no way is Dandy pro-CCP. He doesn't attack them because of his circumstances, but he makes it very clear that he's not pro-CCP.

You may not agree with what he says, but for an Aussie TV host to belittle his opinion, based upon his life lived as an AA - is pretty offensive.

I don't think kirky was belittling him because he's an AA - he's belittling him because he's a fruitcake, who is massively biased and unrepresentative of AAs in general.

And you would be wrong on both accounts.

Dandy lives in China and has to be very guarded with the language he uses when talking about the CCP. Surely you can understand this? Dandy fears being thrown out of the country, or being thrown in a concentration camp
Well, to be fair, it's pretty unlikely I'd face prison for publishing anything on a low-profile forum like this. There aren't many examples of that happening to Westerners (in that regard I absolutely do enjoy white privilege here). The most likely result is that nothing would happen. But there have been an increasing number of people who have published less-than-positive material to wider audiences than this that have reported being harassed by police and eventually forced to leave. That would really suck for me right now in a professional and personal sense (my fiancee is a Chinese citizen, though we are in the process of moving - which really hasn't been helped by COVID).

This means I absolutely do have a vested interest. I want to keep my visa, and I openly admit that being careful with what I publish as a result of this. I'm glad at least some people understand that this doesn't mean I'm indoctrinated or whatever. I'm just trying to add my perspective to what is often an extremely unbalanced, uninformed and hypocritical discussion in here. My thoughts are based on half a decade of living here and many more studying the culture/language/history/politics of the place. I hope I have a fair bit to add, but I am trying to do so without causing significant trouble for myself. I'd be happy to talk more openly when I'm no longer living here. In the meantime, it's hard to think of a less worthwhile reason to jeopardise my residence permit than so I can reply to FAITH and mistylake's ignorant posts...

China, for all its flaws and problems, didn't become a global power by being a totally unsuccessful state in every way. The West (and how our leaders have dealt with China since the early 1800s) does have some responsibility for the way modern China has turned out and for the current issues we face with them. Trying to provide a perspective that accepts these truths, and isn't based on wild assumptions and prejudices, apparently makes me a CCP shill.

Despite my admission that there are topics I won't publish material about, I do feel comfortable to be honest about my day-to-day experiences here, so it's a bit grating to be accused of lying about that by certain posters that clearly know stuff all about China. The thing that got me the most heat on this board by far was, back in early February, describing what my life had been like under lockdown and suggesting that some of the government's response here was worth learning from. Apparently this was hugely controversial thing to say, but I stand by it to this day. Australia fortunately did employ a lot of measures that had first been used in China and other East-Asian countries, which I'm extremely glad about, especially when compared to how things have happened in Europe and the U.S.

You made me laugh šŸ˜‚.

Some think Iā€™m a RWNJ.

Some might think you have Trump like delusions of grandeur.

The thing is... its not a matter of whether the news source is ā€œleftā€ or ā€œrightā€ leaning.. the most important thing is whether what they produce is factual and based on correct evidence..

I posted a quote taken from ā€œThe Business Insiderā€ that had further quotes taken from ā€œThe Nationā€.. Mutineer posted up a rebutal pointing to ā€œThe Nationā€ that just included the following;

https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/the-nation/

And this is what Mutineers own source had to say about ā€œThe Nationā€..

ā€œOverall, we rate The Nation Left Biased due to story choices and wording that favor the left and factually high based on proper sourcing.ā€

He posted this up as if to say ā€œwe cant listen to that as its coming from a left wing news sourceā€.. but whilst they may be left leaning the fact checking source (that he provided, not me) also stated that what The Nation produce is ā€œfactual Highā€ and ā€œbased on proper sourcingā€

Ultimately, who cares whether the source is right or left leaning aslong as it is based on fact..

Iā€™ll listen to/read anyone if they base their argument on facts and provide evidence to back their reporting..
I donā€™t care if they are right or left leaning.
Bingo

Well, to be fair, it's pretty unlikely I'd face prison for publishing anything on a low-profile forum like this. There aren't many examples of that happening to Westerners (in that regard I absolutely do enjoy white privilege here). The most likely result is that nothing would happen. But there have been an increasing number of people who have published less-than-positive material to wider audiences than this that have reported being harassed by police and eventually forced to leave. That would really suck for me right now in a professional and personal sense (my fiancee is a Chinese citizen, though we are in the process of moving - which really hasn't been helped by COVID).

This means I absolutely do have a vested interest. I want to keep my visa, and I openly admit that being careful with what I publish as a result of this. I'm glad at least some people understand that this doesn't mean I'm indoctrinated or whatever. I'm just trying to add my perspective to what is often an extremely unbalanced, uninformed and hypocritical discussion in here. My thoughts are based on half a decade of living here and many more studying the culture/language/history/politics of the place. I hope I have a fair bit to add, but I am trying to do so without causing significant trouble for myself. I'd be happy to talk more openly when I'm no longer living here. In the meantime, it's hard to think of a less worthwhile reason to jeopardise my residence permit than so I can reply to FAITH and mistylake's ignorant posts...

China, for all its flaws and problems, didn't become a global power by being a totally unsuccessful state in every way. The West (and how our leaders have dealt with China since the early 1800s) does have some responsibility for the way modern China has turned out and for the current issues we face with them. Trying to provide a perspective that accepts these truths, and isn't based on wild assumptions and prejudices, apparently makes me a CCP shill.

Despite my admission that there are topics I won't publish material about, I do feel comfortable to be honest about my day-to-day experiences here, so it's a bit grating to be accused of lying about that by certain posters that clearly know stuff all about China. The thing that got me the most heat on this board by far was, back in early February, describing what my life had been like under lockdown and suggesting that some of the government's response here was worth learning from. Apparently this was hugely controversial thing to say, but I stand by it to this day. Australia fortunately did employ a lot of measures that had first been used in China and other East-Asian countries, which I'm extremely glad about, especially when compared to how things have happened in Europe and the U.S.
Thanks for that perspective. I find it interesting and informative especially if you are immerse in that culture and can then look at it from two different perspectives and not just being a puppet of the Murdoch press. Unfortunately the right don't tend to do a lot of research, that is they read and believe what they want to believe. It's ingrained. Looks like their solution to any problem is will it make money more money and will brutal violence and stand over tactics control the minions. Interesting really because they belittle China with repressing their population but do not hesitate to bring in their armies at the mere suggestion of internal rumble. Read what General Mattis had to say about Trump today and yet Trumps cultists still blindly follow. Educate and read widely and think for yourselves.

Looking at some post counts around here I think Bigfooty is a big part of a lot of people's lives :sweatsmile:
Just out of interest after reading your comment I clicked on the ā€œtop contributorsā€ tab for this thread...

holy shite Mistylake has smashed us all.. no one even comes close!...

guess thats what happens when your balls are so full you canā€™t get up out of your chair and go do something else!..

Maybe we do seriously need to start thinking about that proposal a few weeks back of a crowdfund to get him some coin so he can go visit the local ā€œmassage palourā€?... its getting a little ā€œout of handā€..

Heā€™s clearly suffering from accute brain damage according to Dr. Kirky MD. It could never be his Particular politics, it has to be brain injury. Half of America played NFL after all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back