Certified Legendary Thread Corona, Jamaica ooh I wanna take ya (COVID-19 Information & Discussion Here)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think you're a RWNJ. I think you're incredibly selfish, with a massive case of blue balls, who is incredibly cavalier with other people's lives - willing to see them die if it means you can get your rocks off sooner. But I don't think you're a RWNJ.

In no way is Dandy pro-CCP. He doesn't attack them because of his circumstances, but he makes it very clear that he's not pro-CCP.
You sound just like my ex wife. 🤣

Just out of interest after reading your comment I clicked on the “top contributors” tab for this thread...

holy shite Mistylake has smashed us all.. no one even comes close!...

guess thats what happens when your balls are so full you can’t get up out of your chair and go do something else!..

Maybe we do seriously need to start thinking about that proposal a few weeks back of a crowdfund to get him some coin so he can go visit the local “massage palour”?... its getting a little “out of hand”..
Really, that’s funny as. I have to get a life. 🤣
bring back footy FFS.

Yeah I tried that back before COVID.
I rocked up and she was Chinese.😏
The advertising was quite misleading.😩

He’s clearly suffering from accute brain damage according to Dr. Kirky MD. It could never be his Particular politics, it has to be brain injury. Half of America played NFL after all.
Half of America played Gridiron (AKA American Football). Very few make it all the way to the NFL.

I’m just one of those weird, listen to both sides, types.

You may not agree with what he says, but for an Aussie TV host to belittle his opinion, based upon his life lived as an AA - is pretty offensive.

I haven’t lived a life as an AA - why shouldn’t I listen to his views?

I don’t have a problem with you listening, I’m saying as a professional NFL ex-football player for over 10 seasons his views are probably slightly skewed. He hasn’t had the same battles most other AA have had to deal with. That’s all.

I don't think kirky was belittling him because he's an AA - he's belittling him because he's a fruitcake, who is massively biased and unrepresentative of AAs in general.

I should have made it clearer what my point was. He played in an American professional sport at the highest level, and the no 1 sport of the nation (like AFL for comparison) and his view of struggle street for most AA, well you can guess the rest.

And good luck with him trying to get nominated as the Republican nomination in very dominant white congressional seat (83% white, 1.67% African American). Not impossible but think why he is a few tools short in the shed.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Utah's_4th_congressional_district

Last edited:
I am serious, and don't call me Shirley.

You must have rocks in your head if you think that Dandy is in any way pro-CCP.

He was pushing their propaganda pretty well awhile ago, yes he lives in their country, yes he needs to watch what he says but rabbiting info from the CCP "media" is a bit of a stretch.

He was pushing their propaganda pretty well awhile ago, yes he lives in their country, yes he needs to watch what he says but rabbiting info from the CCP "media" is a bit of a stretch.
He has never pushed their propaganda. Just because he doesn't attack them, due to his circumstances, does not mean that he's "rabbiting info from the CCP". That's just crap.

He has never pushed their propaganda. Just because he doesn't attack them, due to his circumstances, does not mean that he's "rabbiting info from the CCP". That's just crap.

Isn't quoting their media pushing their propaganda or do you think China media = balanced, independent reporting.

Isn't quoting their media pushing their propaganda or do you think China media = balanced, independent reporting.
I don't see a problem in posting what is being published there, in the context of telling us what the Chinese population was being told and what they were experiencing. It's not as if he was posting it as a "truthful counterpoint to western propaganda", which would definitely have fitted the description of what you're accusing him of.

He was giving us colour reports of life on the ground in China, nothing more nothing less. He wasn't trying to sell the CCP's propaganda as truth.

Like s**t to a blanket they stick together mate, don't waste your energy on them.

I don't see a problem in posting what is being published there, in the context of telling us what the Chinese population was being told and what they were experiencing. It's not as if he was posting it as a "truthful counterpoint to western propaganda", which would definitely have fitted the description of what you're accusing him of.

He was giving us colour reports of life on the ground in China, nothing more nothing less. He wasn't trying to sell the CCP's propaganda as truth.

His accounts of life there has been very interesting and from a unique perspective.

I can't recall the exact example but I thought he did do exactly that on one occassion - countered something with a media article, when asked about it he said he was able to get info from other sources outside of China.

Others have down played the role China had in this whole thing whilst pushing how bad Trump handled things.

People can go hard at Trump without letting China off the hook. We can have both.

His accounts of life there has been very interesting and from a unique perspective.

I can't recall the exact example but I thought he did do exactly that on one occassion - countered something with a media article, when asked about it he said he was able to get info from other sources outside of China.

Others have down played the role China had in this whole thing whilst pushing how bad Trump handled things.

People can go hard at Trump without letting China off the hook. We can have both.

Yes definitely something I remember a few times as well. This was the reason I mentioned DG, not because of the “what it’s like to be there” info which is informative.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Agreed, 100%
I don't recall that happening - but it may have.
I don't remember a lot of that going on. There was one person posting a tin foil hat conspiracy theory about the virus originating in the USA and being taken to China by soldiers participating in military exercises near Wuhan. That was straight from the CCP propaganda book, and they were called on it immediately. It wasn't Dandy who posted it.
Agree 100%. China are responsible for 350,000 deaths and counting (world wide). The Orange Hobgoblin is responsible for around 1/3 of the USA's death tally, through his government's incompetent handling of the crisis.

Well, to be fair, it's pretty unlikely I'd face prison for publishing anything on a low-profile forum like this. There aren't many examples of that happening to Westerners (in that regard I absolutely do enjoy white privilege here). The most likely result is that nothing would happen. But there have been an increasing number of people who have published less-than-positive material to wider audiences than this that have reported being harassed by police and eventually forced to leave. That would really suck for me right now in a professional and personal sense (my fiancee is a Chinese citizen, though we are in the process of moving - which really hasn't been helped by COVID).

This means I absolutely do have a vested interest. I want to keep my visa, and I openly admit that being careful with what I publish as a result of this. I'm glad at least some people understand that this doesn't mean I'm indoctrinated or whatever. I'm just trying to add my perspective to what is often an extremely unbalanced, uninformed and hypocritical discussion in here. My thoughts are based on half a decade of living here and many more studying the culture/language/history/politics of the place. I hope I have a fair bit to add, but I am trying to do so without causing significant trouble for myself. I'd be happy to talk more openly when I'm no longer living here. In the meantime, it's hard to think of a less worthwhile reason to jeopardise my residence permit than so I can reply to FAITH and mistylake's ignorant posts...

China, for all its flaws and problems, didn't become a global power by being a totally unsuccessful state in every way. The West (and how our leaders have dealt with China since the early 1800s) does have some responsibility for the way modern China has turned out and for the current issues we face with them. Trying to provide a perspective that accepts these truths, and isn't based on wild assumptions and prejudices, apparently makes me a CCP shill.

Despite my admission that there are topics I won't publish material about, I do feel comfortable to be honest about my day-to-day experiences here, so it's a bit grating to be accused of lying about that by certain posters that clearly know stuff all about China. The thing that got me the most heat on this board by far was, back in early February, describing what my life had been like under lockdown and suggesting that some of the government's response here was worth learning from. Apparently this was hugely controversial thing to say, but I stand by it to this day. Australia fortunately did employ a lot of measures that had first been used in China and other East-Asian countries, which I'm extremely glad about, especially when compared to how things have happened in Europe and the U.S.
Ignorant?
I've been proven right with everything I've said about CCP since day 1.

Of all the images coming out of these "protests", this is, in its own way, possibly one of the most sickening....

View attachment 886685
How so? Looks like police & protestors in peaceful agreement, about the horrible situation in the USA. You do understand the significance of the policemen taking the knee?

Agreed, 100%

I don't recall that happening - but it may have.

I don't remember a lot of that going on. There was one person posting a tin foil hat conspiracy theory about the virus originating in the USA and being taken to China by soldiers participating in military exercises near Wuhan. That was straight from the CCP propaganda book, and they were called on it immediately. It wasn't Dandy who posted it.

Agree 100%. China are responsible for 350,000 deaths and counting (world wide). The Orange Hobgoblin is responsible for around 1/3 of the USA's death tally, through his government's incompetent handling of the crisis.
So governor cuomo is blameless...governor inslee..governer whitmer? no comment about state policies to push covid positive patients back into their nursing homes?..of course not..trump trump trump

Of all the images coming out of these "protests", this is, in its own way, possibly one of the most sickening....

View attachment 886685
No doubt the 2 there that are obviously shouting with the angry looks on their face are telling them what good fellows they are....

Looks like police & protestors in peaceful agreement, about the horrible situation in the USA.
It's not their job to show "peaceful agreement" with anyone in a crowd that they are supposed to be controlling, regardless of how they personally (or their commanders) might feel about the issue in question. Least of all by taking a submissive posture.

You do understand the significance of the policemen taking the knee?
The symbolism is that the police place a higher priority on virtue signalling, than doing their job of protecting (whatever it is they're standing in front of, I know it's happened outside Downing Street). Or maybe it's an attempt at appeasement. Which, of course, never works with angry mobs.

Gathering restrictions in Victoria
  • Private gatherings increase to a total of 20 people in a house, including members of the household.
  • Public gatherings, both indoor and outdoor, will increase to 20.
  • Weddings increase to 20 people, plus the celebrant and the couple.
  • Both indoor and outdoor funerals increase to 50 people, plus people reasonably required to conduct the funeral.
  • Private worship or small religious ceremonies increase to up to 20 people plus people reasonably required for the ceremony.
  • Public protests about something from the USA and unrelated to anything in Australia can have unlimited amounts of people. Social distancing not required.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back