Certified Legendary Thread Corona, Jamaica ooh I wanna take ya (COVID-19 Information & Discussion Here)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why him and not me? Neither of us have been to docs for it. I got it from the student who sits near me in the office, hubby likely caught it from me. Luckily our son hasn’t got it.
Lol sorry, I misread it as only your hubby had the lingering cough. Hopefully everything is settling, otherwise worth doing a checkup.

This virus is Chinas and WHOs fault.
Trump has farked up dealing with the virus but its not his fault.

This thread is kinda crazy, there's 10x the hate for trump in here than China and WHO....
None of the CCP, WHO or Trump has come out of this looking good. It's obvious that the CCP covered up the severity of the disease and silenced any doctors who tried to raise awareness. The WHO went off the advice of the CCP but completely dismissed Taiwan's warnings of human-to-human transmission. Why? The CCP refuse to acknowledge Taiwan's independence and the WHO, led by Tedros who is another corrupt African official with his hand in Xi's pocket, did the same. Heck, even after they declared a global health emergency (in late January when the horse had bolted), they discouraged travel bans.

Of course, Trump is also at fault for the situation the US is in, he played down the virus as just another flu and was way too late to take any action at all. When most of our imported cases were coming from there when they only had around 100 reported cases, I knew that they were in deep s**t. The WHO need to be held accountable but Trump is not innocent in all of this either. I'm not a fan of ScoMo, his leadership during the bushfires was diabolical, but I'll give him credit where it's due. Despite some early slip-ups (going to the rugby), he's redeemed himself and has actually done a pretty good job with this, especially when compared to what's happened (or still happening) in the US, UK, Italy, Spain, France, Turkey, Indonesia and Brazil.

Anecdotal but the worst age group for social distancing in my experience are old people. The amount of elderly groups of people I've seen walking around without a care in the world is insane. Even at the Indian place I go to, they had signs saying stand back from the counter 1.5m and the only people ignoring the signs were boomers. Don't these people realise they are the most vulnerable age group?

Anecdotal but the worst age group for social distancing in my experience are old people. The amount of elderly groups of people I've seen walking around without a care in the world is insane. Even at the Indian place I go to, they had signs saying stand back from the counter 1.5m and the only people ignoring the signs were boomers. Don't these people realise they are the most vulnerable age group?
I went to the Post Office and Coles yesterday, I'd say I was the only person under 70

This virus is Chinas and WHOs fault.
Trump has farked up dealing with the virus but its not his fault.

This thread is kinda crazy, there's 10x the hate for trump in here than China and WHO....

Trump is just an easy target for all the stupid things he says.

China and WHO should be copping more for their cover up and deception.

Strange that old Boris from the UK seems to get a free pass from those who are quick to criticise the USA numbers, the UK's death rate per 1 million population is OVER DOUBLE that of the USA.

Wonder why he skates through for next to no criticism on this board?

We hear that Trump gets the vitriol because he constantly says stupid things and we get a lot of culture from the USA.

However Boris isn't immune to saying/doing stupid things and we get as much culture from the UK as the USA AND he has double Trumps death rate.
Yet crickets.....

Very odd.

We owned a home in Somerton Park in my mid teens on the corner of Margaret Ave and Seaforth Avenue from memory one block back from the Paringa Park Primary where my younger brother schooled while I went to Brighton High. Just had a squizz on google maps the house looks the same bar for the bloody great colourbond fence that's been erected. Used to be a hall over the road but it's gone replaced by houses. Great neck of woods and great beaches in the area.

Good grief, my mother’s house is currently on Margaret Avenue just between Balmoral Avenue and Quandong Street and was originally my grandparents house which they built in 1965. Adelaide is only 3 degrees of separation.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Trump is just an easy target for all the stupid things he says.

China and WHO should be copping more for their cover up and deception.

Strange that old Boris from the UK seems to get a free pass from those who are quick to criticise the USA numbers, the UK's death rate per 1 million population is OVER DOUBLE that of the USA.

Wonder why he skates through for next to no criticism on this board?

We hear that Trump gets the vitriol because he constantly says stupid things and we get a lot of culture from the USA.

However Boris isn't immune to saying/doing stupid things and we get as much culture from the UK as the USA AND he has double Trumps death rate.
Yet crickets.....

Very odd.
Agree. WHO and Xi are to blame. XI is basically a reincarnation of someone from earlier last century..

That's pretty typical though. Many elderly folks haven't embraced the digital age and still use the post office for bills and such.
Its everywhere up here though, and they don't respect boundaries. You know those old people who will walk up to random parents and want to touch their kids.

Its everywhere up here though, and they don't respect boundaries. You know those old people who will walk up to random parents and want to touch their kids.
Yep that's exactly the sort of stuff I've been seeing here. These people have a death wish.

I s**t you not, was driving in Somerton Park the other day and saw a group of old people all sitting in a circle on deck chairs in their front yard. I mean at least they were outside but they were sitting way too close together.

None of the CCP, WHO or Trump has come out of this looking good. It's obvious that the CCP covered up the severity of the disease and silenced any doctors who tried to raise awareness. The WHO went off the advice of the CCP but completely dismissed Taiwan's warnings of human-to-human transmission. Why? The CCP refuse to acknowledge Taiwan's independence and the WHO, led by Tedros who is another corrupt African official with his hand in Xi's pocket, did the same. Heck, even after they declared a global health emergency (in late January when the horse had bolted), they discouraged travel bans.

Of course, Trump is also at fault for the situation the US is in, he played down the virus as just another flu and was way too late to take any action at all. When most of our imported cases were coming from there when they only had around 100 reported cases, I knew that they were in deep s**t. The WHO need to be held accountable but Trump is not innocent in all of this either. I'm not a fan of ScoMo, his leadership during the bushfires was diabolical, but I'll give him credit where it's due. Despite some early slip-ups (going to the rugby), he's redeemed himself and has actually done a pretty good job with this, especially when compared to what's happened (or still happening) in the US, UK, Italy, Spain, France, Turkey, Indonesia and Brazil.
Its the blind leading the lame leading the corrupt. Just when the world needs proper leadership we have guys like Trump, Putin, Xi and that WHO guy running the show. I don't have any confidence or trust in any of them and doubt we've ever had a worse group of people in charge of world affairs in recent memory except for the 2 World Wars.

Good lord. How dense do you have to be to believe the nonsense about the WHO? There are posters in here who mock people from countries that don't have a free press for being "indoctrinated". And yet, despite a first-world education and a free press at their disposal, rather than taking half a friggin minute to actually research and develop conclusions based on evidence, immediately believe Donald Trump.

Here's an official press release from the WHO from back in January noting that human-to-human transmission had been observed:
We know that there is human-to-human transmission in China, but for now it appears limited to family groups and health workers caring for infected patients.

At this time, there is no evidence of human-to-human transmission outside China, but that doesn’t mean it won’t happen.

The WHO made assessments based on the evidence they had at the time. By MARCH Boris Johnson was still shaking hands, and Trump still tweeting unscientific nonsense completely contrary to the WHO's advice.

Keep in mind
In early January, the disease was known only through a cluster of atypical pneumonia cases — pneumonia with an unknown origin.

"There are literally millions and millions of cases of atypical pneumonia around the world every year," Ryan said, adding that in the middle of an influenza season, it was "quite remarkable" that a cluster of 41 confirmed cases was singled out in Wuhan, China.

"When WHO issued its first guidance to countries, it was extremely clear that respiratory precautions should be taken in dealing with patients with this disease," Ryan said, "that labs needed to be careful in terms of their precautions and taking samples, because there was a risk that the disease could spread from person to person in those environments."

"All of our guidance that was out before we did that press conference was about limiting exposure to people and to prevent transmission, particularly in health care settings," Van Kerkhove said.

"We wanted to ensure that front-line workers were protected," she added, "so our guidance that was put out was about respiratory droplets and contact protection."

"All of that was out on the 10th and the 11th of January," she said.

You would rather believe flimsy conspiracy theories than admit that a lot of governments around the world has ballsed this up big time and have completely failed to prepare (other than being very quick to ban travel from China... and then sitting on their hands for weeks with PPE/test production etc). Perhaps there were things the WHO could have done better, but this horseshit about them downplaying human-to-human transmission is such an obvious case of blame-shifting. If this were remotely true, how come some countries were able to get the message and start preparing back in mid-January?

The commitment to remaining as loudly ignorant as possible is absolutely stunning. I suppose I should expect nothing less from people who, earlier this year, refused to even consider the possibility that perhaps Scomo's response to the bushfires was less than adequate.

We absolutely live in a post-truth society and it's terrifying.

s4r55353o1t41.jpg

Coronavirus did not jump from Wuhan's seafood market: Here's the evidence | World – Gulf News
Very in depth article.
Fort Detrick in the USA was shut down last August over safety concerns whilst there was a large number of pneumonia / flu cases around the area.
There may also have been an accidental spread from the lab in Wuhan as well.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back