Certified Legendary Thread Corona, Jamaica ooh I wanna take ya (COVID-19 Information & Discussion Here)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
no you couldn't, letter to 1990crow from club clearly states no favoring members over other members. You saying they lied to him?
But I’m not just a member. Nonetheless, i wanted to go in the ballot like everyone else, that was the fairest thing to do.I’m sad he couldn’t get a ticket, but there were many others in the same boat, myself included.

Sorry to upset your little blue cart but the LA mayor has now backtracked saying public health officials now concede the protests were a likely cause of a spike in cases. Seattle and Miami the same.

No surprise really - ridiculous to think otherwise

Well to upset your little red cart, there was no spike in New York or Washington etc where the protests were significantly larger so there is no clear evidence of such. By all means if you choose to believe it so be it.

And the wild increase in numbers in all the red states? Just stupidity of the Trump followers. I mean dumb people take their cues from leaders and he is one of the dumbest leaders in the world.

What is more likely to be the cause in any spike in cases is people not wearing masks and social distancing and being total tools.

It's weird how the right are red and the left are blue in America. Nuffies.

It's weird how the right are red and the left are blue in America. Nuffies.

Liberal blue in Australia
liberals blue in the US

checks out :D

*I remember early days of the internet, me being only 14 and in early chat rooms and an American called me liberal - legit was confused I thought liberal meant conservative

But I’m not just a member. Nonetheless, i wanted to go in the ballot like everyone else, that was the fairest thing to do.I’m sad he couldn’t get a ticket, but there were many others in the same boat, myself included.
Do you actually think you have the same set of circumstances as 1990crow?

Well to upset your little red cart, there was no spike in New York or Washington etc where the protests were significantly larger so there is no clear evidence of such. By all means if you choose to believe it so be it.

And the wild increase in numbers in all the red states? Just stupidity of the Trump followers. I mean dumb people take their cues from leaders and he is one of the dumbest leaders in the world.

What is more likely to be the cause in any spike in cases is people not wearing masks and social distancing and being total tools.
The problem you have with your posting generally is that you try and come off all facts and figures with objective analysis, but then eventually descend into childish name calling on partisan political lines.

Don’t feel bad though, it is symptomatic of left wing politics.

Me, the Mrs and the Labrador are on the way to Queensland, at Cobar tonite.

We have already met so many Victorians proud as punch they got into NSW before the border closed.

******* idiots, been great around the camp fire everyone sticking it to the Vics, selfish pricks.
Victorians have always been selfish this is just confirming it

The problem is Australians can be inherently selfish, some more so than others eg all the Metro Vic's fleeing to regional Vic or across the border.

Australians are good at getting around people that have suffered but will do anything to not be the one suffering.

This is so true.
Australians like most countries are quite selfish.
Giving $20 to a local charity once a month doesn't make them selfless.

Victoria has confirmed another massive spike in virus cases, with 216 new infections recorded overnight.

Victorians have surged past NSW with most COVID infections.

The fact it took so long to enforce the lock down & many infected have got on the move, including crossing boarders, we won't really know the impact of this almighty quarantine security * up for a couple of weeks.

Hopefully can be contained in Victoria, but NSW & SA need to be vigilant for outbreaks from rogue Victorians. Good to see we have taken into custody one from an infected in a hot spot who refused to self isolate for 14 days. Need to come down hard on those refusing to do the right thing by the wider community.

The problem you have with your posting generally is that you try and come off all facts and figures with objective analysis, but then eventually descend into childish name calling on partisan political lines.

Don’t feel bad though, it is symptomatic of left wing politics.

Seriously it isn’t a left or right thing - both sides do it.

I’m fully self aware, the problem is are you?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Liberal blue in Australia
liberals blue in the US

checks out :D

*I remember early days of the internet, me being only 14 and in early chat rooms and an American called me liberal - legit was confused I thought liberal meant conservative
Yeah that used to weird me out as well. I guess our liberals are for economic liberalism

As an economic system, economic liberalism is organized on individual lines, meaning that the greatest possible number of economic decisions are made by individuals or households rather than by collective institutions or organizations.

Whereas US liberals are about social liberalism (i.e. they take economic liberalism for granted)

Social liberalism, also known as left liberalism in Germany, modern liberalism in the United States and new liberalism in the United Kingdom, is a political ideology and a variety of liberalism that endorses a regulated market economy and the expansion of civil and political rights.

Do you actually think you have the same set of circumstances as 1990crow?
Have I ever once said I did? 😳 all I’m saying is it’s been tough to get tickets. Even someone like me who normally gets tickets, missed out. There are very limited numbers available thanks to the AFL only providing 300 TOTAL for the two clubs. There are no tickets for sponsors or players family or special cases. And there’s lots of people with back stories that would be equally compelling as 1990crow.

Victorians have surged past NSW with most COVID infections.

The fact it took so long to enforce the lock down & many infected have got on the move, including crossing boarders, we won't really know the impact of this almighty quarantine security fu** up for a couple of weeks.

Hopefully can be contained in Victoria, but NSW & SA need to be vigilant for outbreaks from rogue Victorians. Good to see we have taken into custody one from an infected in a hot spot who refused to self isolate for 14 days. Need to come down hard on those refusing to do the right thing by the wider community.
I think we need to be prepared for the fact that there maybe other cases of community transmission in other states, it’s just that they aren’t doing the testing that Victoria is currently doing. I wonder if we all did the same sort of testing in every state, we’d find a similar story?

I think we need to be prepared for the fact that there maybe other cases of community transmission in other states, it’s just that they aren’t doing the testing that Victoria is currently doing. I wonder if we all did the same sort of testing in every state, we’d find a similar story?
Most states are still doing significant testing.

No, none of the other jurisdictions have anything like the community infections of Victoria.

SA was the highest testing state during phase 1 & is still testing anyone with concerns & all returning from overseas at least twice.

No, none of the other jurisdictions have anything like the community infections of Victoria.

SA was the highest testing state during phase 1 & is still testing anyone with concerns & all returning from overseas at least twice.
I hope you are right.

Exactly, SA was leading the way early on with testing, the Vics were at a woeful level, they only got their act together in May, as we know test and trace is the main way to get/keep on top of this bloody thing.

SA were pleading for people to get tested - even if you had no symptoms. Meanwhile the Vics were letting returned overseas travellers back into the community without testing them, what was it, 30 odd percent refused to be tested. Bloody idiots.

There are lots of selfish people leaving the city/state yes

but you are kidding yourself if you don't think it would be the same in any other city if it was the same circumstances
Pretty much every other city has acted differently it's why those cities had it under control in the first place. But not good old Melbourne.

I'm curious about your comment not just a member. What makes your membership more valuable than anyone elses?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back