Certified Legendary Thread Corona, Jamaica ooh I wanna take ya (COVID-19 Information & Discussion Here)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pretty much every other city has acted differently it's why those cities had it under control in the first place. But not good old Melbourne.

You are deluded

There was a major *up in Melb with the hotel quarantine debacle

But if you think the general population behaved any differently to the rest of the country, or if you think Adelaide or Sydney or Brisbane had a city lockdown that noone would flee like there has been here, you are a single minded, deluded numpty

Victorians have surged past NSW with most COVID infections.

The fact it took so long to enforce the lock down & many infected have got on the move, including crossing boarders, we won't really know the impact of this almighty quarantine security fu** up for a couple of weeks.

Hopefully can be contained in Victoria, but NSW & SA need to be vigilant for outbreaks from rogue Victorians. Good to see we have taken into custody one from an infected in a hot spot who refused to self isolate for 14 days. Need to come down hard on those refusing to do the right thing by the wider community.

It's a good test case anyway. Large surge, almost all community transmissions in high density area. If they get on top of it coming to the party a bit late, it'll be a positive result for all of us.

Last edited:
I think we need to be prepared for the fact that there maybe other cases of community transmission in other states, it’s just that they aren’t doing the testing that Victoria is currently doing. I wonder if we all did the same sort of testing in every state, we’d find a similar story?
There are now around 100 clusters in Victoria. I see them being forced back into a statewide lockdown.
Dare I say it, now it is a cluster f**k.
They have hinted a few times of difficulty’s with non english speakers having large gatherings but they allowed large gathering protests to and AFL Hubs, so the optics seem confused.

Love how those returning to Australia are now whinging having to pay for their quarantine for 14 days.

If you have had nearly 4 months to get back to Australia and yes, airlines have been flying all this time into Australia. You can’t leave without getting permission from the Australian Government but flights have been arriving every day for the past 4 months.

There are now around 100 clusters in Victoria. I see them being forced back into a statewide lockdown.
They have hinted a few times of difficulty’s with non english speakers having large gatherings but they allowed large gathering protests to and AFL Hubs, so the optics seem confused.
I think this is probably right. I heard when they locked down the towers, only one information card was handed out in English. A young fellow translated it into 11 or 12 different languages for them to hand out. we All want everything open and back to how it was. The problem is, we are a very long way from achieving that, no matter how much we want it.

Love how those returning to Australia are now whinging having to pay for their quarantine for 14 days.

If you have had nearly 4 months to get back to Australia and yes, airlines have been flying all this time into Australia. You can’t leave without getting permission from the Australian Government but flights have been arriving every day for the past 4 months.
To be fair, some people were trying to ride it out. They’ve lived overseas for years and packing up and moving back home in the middle of a pandemic is probably not the easiest thing to do. for those who couldn’t be bothered to come back until now (those that kept travelling despite all the warnings and made no attempt to get back home until now) should have to pay. But those, through no fault of their own, haven’t been able to get a flight (cancellations and/or non availability) maybe should have some leeway?

But if you think the general population behaved any differently to the rest of the country, or if you think Adelaide or Sydney or Brisbane had a city lockdown that noone would flee like there has been here, you are a single minded, deluded numpty
But you're guessing what you think might occur.

He's being guided by the evidence :p

Andrews talks way too much.

Any message he has gets lost in his waffling on.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He's dealing with a lot of idiots and a lot of people who speak poor English.

His messaging needs to be on point.

I’m not really sure what they expected in regards to Vics fleeing the state when the general public see the AFL and V8 teams scrambling to flee the state to keep operating.
You would hope with the organised sporting events all precautions are taken... whereas with those fleeing, it's doubtful they would all be self isolating.

Are there any major clusters outside Melbourne?

Only need to lockdown country areas if there is a problem, otherwise why penalise them?

Latest figures from Victoria:

Sadly, still high.

No great surprises there. We're still seeing cases from people who caught it before the lockdowns went into place. There's typically a 6-7 day lag between catching the disease and becoming symptomatic, and 2-3 days before people get tested and/or get the results back.

They're hoping that the numbers will start to go down in the next few days, as the impact of the lockdowns begins to take effect.

To be fair, some people were trying to ride it out. They’ve lived overseas for years and packing up and moving back home in the middle of a pandemic is probably not the easiest thing to do. for those who couldn’t be bothered to come back until now (those that kept travelling despite all the warnings and made no attempt to get back home until now) should have to pay. But those, through no fault of their own, haven’t been able to get a flight (cancellations and/or non availability) maybe should have some leeway?
If all Aussies overseas came back in the early days and had to quarantine, the gov would have had to pay for all and would have been much harder to accommodate everyone. We still have to quarantine people and is it more expensive now than before? I think if they're going to help Aussies with quarantining for a one time return back then, it should continue to apply going forward.

Ok, it's misleading then.
It may also be 35 false positives - cases which were previously on the total, and had to be removed.

I agree that it's misleading. The first number is clearly the total number of cases since the pandemic began - not just active cases. The 273 is definitely the number of new cases. The 34 is less obvious. I still think it's recovered patients, but it could also be false positives removed from the count.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back