Certified Legendary Thread Corona, Jamaica ooh I wanna take ya (COVID-19 Information & Discussion Here)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bahahahahaha... so after about a month an a half of Glady’s writting off Anna and other state premiers for not openning thier borders when Gladys and Scotty demand it... she’s shutting her border to Victoria!..

how much egg does the stupid fool want to wipe of her face?..
About half as much as Comrade Dan Andrews....

Did you not see the PM clearly stating that the borders should be opened? :rolleyes: You don't think there wouldn't have been background pressure? I'm not saying it's ScoMo's fault - although he clearly has pressured Andrews into opening. Andrews should have listened to his health people and refused.

May 27th

June 11th

And in just a bizarre decision, the Federal Government is backing thru the High Court, Clive Palmers action against WA government in closing its borders.

Wonder what they say now about NSW closing its border to Victoria.

Closing the border to Victoria is the right decision. Victoria can stew in its own s**t - it didn’t do testing early as it should have. We can have internal flights with all other states other than Victoria. We can have a travel bubble with NZ with exception of Victoria.

Last edited:
Bahahahahaha... so after about a month an a half of Glady’s writting off Anna and other state premiers for not openning thier borders when Gladys and Scotty demand it... she’s shutting her border to Victoria!..

how much egg does the stupid fool want to wipe of her face?..
I reckon, Anna did the right thing to protect Queenslanders, which is her Job, good on her for not bowing to public pressure same with Marshall and McGowan.

Those 3 state Premier's have shown good leadership during this time.

I see China have said they reckon it originated in Spain now

China - is it a coincidence that all these bad things started happening after port played there mid last year? ;)

Not newsworthy, there are hundreds of cases of the plague each year, with many of them being in the US. Inner Mongolia is a very rural district of China with Marmots being the main carrier and, unsurprisingly, a few cases get reported there each year too. It seems that if there's a case of something, let alone an outbreak, media outlets will jump on to get a few extra clicks amid the current pandemic.

Yep, but this will all be on Andrews not locking the state down quick enough, he doesn't want to do the unpopular thing and wind back the restrictions.

The cats out the bag and the longer he delays the worse it will become.

Funny we aren't getting "the next Italy" tribe piping up this time even though this is all community transmission and not overseas arrivals. Very strange.

Their silence isn't that surprising. Their agenda was crystal clear from the get go.

Sorry if this was sarcasm and it went over my head.

It's not the premier of Victoria fault as he;s not infecting everyone but somehow it is Slomo's fault cos he put pressure on Andrews.

Wow.

Is there nothing that evil Slomo can't do?

Wait a second. A couple of months ago, SmoCo wanted the borders opened up and he wanted everyone to get back to normal business. Or have we conveniently forgotten that now it doesn’t suit your agenda.

Bloody hypocrites. At least be bloody consistent!

Wait a second. A couple of months ago, SmoCo wanted the borders opened up and he wanted everyone to get back to normal business. Or have we conveniently forgotten that now it doesn’t suit your agenda.

Bloody hypocrites. At least be bloody consistent!

No one has denied SmoCo has always wanted the borders open - he has been very consistent with this, but it is the states decision.

The other states like WA, SA, Queensland, NT and Tasmania premiers are all waiting for their Health departments advice on what to ease next/open up.

But not Dan the Man, he "buckled" under ScoMos pressure, cos he always does what the PM wants :drunk:

Although we should cut Andrews some slack, Vic Health seems to be a big part of the problem.

But hey keep defending Andrews, you all seem to think he is doing an outstanding job - Victoria is not becoming the next Italy at all.

No one has denied SmoCo has always wanted the borders open - he has been very consistent with this, but it is the states decision.

The other states like WA, SA, Queensland, NT and Tasmania premiers are all waiting for their Health departments advice on what to ease next/open up.

But not Dan the Man, he "buckled" under ScoMos pressure, cos he always does what the PM wants :drunk:

Although we should cut Andrews some slack, Vic Health seems to be a big part of the problem.

But hey keep defending Andrews, you all seem to think he is doing an outstanding job - Victoria is not becoming the next Italy at all.

Not defending him as I think he is arrogant but the only State PMs that have come out of this very well are all the smaller states - SA, Qld, WA, NT and Tas. Both NSW and Vic have done blunders.

Victoria is not the new Italy at all given where the death rate is.

If we want to name countries with woeful results just look at the USA - it will be in the top 10 both cases per million (give it a couple of days) and deaths per million (already there). Now that is a disaster.

Not defending him as I think he is arrogant but the only State PMs that have come out of this very well are all the smaller states - SA, Qld, WA, NT and Tas. Both NSW and Vic have done blunders.

If we want to name countries with woeful results just look at the USA - it will be in the top 10 both cases per million (give it a couple of days) and deaths per million (already there). Now that is a disaster.

Sorry, it was a couple of other left leaning posters that have said what a good job Andrews has done.

To be fair all the states (and Feds) have had their blunders, but most have minimised their mistakes and learnt from them.

We can certainly agree on how poorly Trump has led the US through this, they are still in for a world of hurt, they had just had their 4th of July celebrations to spread the virus around just a little bit more.

1594080724531.png

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/?utm_campaign=homeAdUOA?Si#countries

The USA well and truly in the top 10, and climbing.

They have closed the gap to the UK and won't be long till they move past France.

In other news Sweden looks close to passing Italy, safe to say their approach was as good as the UK's and USA. Comparing them to Finland and Norway their death/population is appalling (10 times those countries)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There's so many people in the hierarchy between where the screw up happens and the Premier that I struggle to lay any blame at their feet. But, I do expect them to use their power to make ppeople held accountable. It's when they fail that and issues continue that it's time to let loose on them. Passing off to an enquirey to kick the can down the road a bit doesn't cut it. With the amount of $ spent in executive positions there should be enough talent to get to the bottom of the issues quickly. They have no problems making laws and expecting small business to work their way through it and hold them to account if they fail to comply.

Full lock down should occur in Victoria. Don't let it go now.
Full lockdown of Melbourne Metro.

No need to penalise Victoria country areas as there is no community infection issue.

The political and social bias displayed on here shows that people are easily divided and happy to dig down deep into their own prejudices and party dogmas. We’re not that far from following into the dark depths that the US or UK have dug themselves into.
I’m guilty of it at times, we all are but there’s some bottom feeding comments on here.

So currently 772 active cases in Victoria of which 438 are suspected to be community transmission.

Media reporting Comrade Dan Andrews will announce a complete month long lockdown in Victoria
Funny no mention of the BLM protests and any impact from them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back