Corona virus and other pestilences. Part 5.

Remove this Banner Ad

Festerz

Premiership Player
May 20, 2019
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
PAFC Maggies SANFL
Spare a thought for the teachers who are sitting ducks in all of this. You have acted responsibly but if parents kept kids with symptoms at home the problem may not be as bad. Of course some kids are asymptomatic and some parents have no means of keeping kids in isolation while they are at work and even stay at home parents may have problems getting kids to isolate for 7 days. Teachers are in a confined space with 20-40 kids and eventually they will be infected.
Yep. My son's girlfriend is a teacher and found out she was infected on Friday - the day before her birthday. My son rang to cancel the restaurant they had booked for Saturday night and was charged $100 cancellation fee!!

But on the bright side at least our teachers are 'just' facing a covid threat.

Instead of discussing the wearing of masks in classrooms, the debate in the US at the moment is whether teachers should be trained to carry guns to protect themselves and their classrooms in case of mass shootings.

OneGreatClub

TheBrownDog
Nov 6, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Yep. My son's girlfriend is a teacher and found out she was infected on Friday - the day before her birthday. My son rang to cancel the restaurant they had booked for Saturday night and was charged $100 cancellation fee!!

But on the bright side at least our teachers are 'just' facing a covid threat.

Instead of discussing the wearing of masks in classrooms, the debate in the US at the moment is whether teachers should be trained to carry guns to protect themselves and their classrooms in case of mass shootings.
I don’t get why anyone would be a teacher in the current US.
Spied on and reported by parents for ‘supposedly’ teaching CRT.
Limited in how much open support they can give to LGTBQ kids.
Books banned in certain states so as to give a sanitised version of American history.
Gun drills at school and always the potential for a shooting.
Let it rip Covid.
Seriously if it were me I would say stick your job.
They are admirable souls and I really feel for them.

Portwon

Club Legend
Mar 1, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Yah for a positive RAT :( So far just like a cold with sore throat, runny nose and a few aches. Hopefully stays this mild.

All the best to you and anyone else who goes through it.

Weird how only two of the four in our house tested positive (hope that continues).

I got the sore throat (hurt to even open my mouth but strangely still felt hungry) and intensely burning eyes that meant incredibly uncomfortable to deal with light so couldn't binge tv or use phone for long periods.

Stay safe all

JimmyBC

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 24, 2020
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I don't know how I managing to avoid it when half the school has had it. I might need to get my blood examined by the CSIRO as super blood. Or i am in an age bracket that doesn't do super spreading events.
Some people just don't seem to get it, my sister had a very mild case & my brother in law tested negative on the first RAT, the PCR & all the follow up RATS. Both fine now.. well he always was lol.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad