Corona virus and other pestilences. Poxes ‘n stuff. Part 5.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 6, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
The move comes as a fundraiser supporting Adelaide-based researcher Nikolai Petrovsky's bid for his locally-developed COVID-19 vaccine, COVAX-19, to be approved for use in Australia has raised more than $750,000.

A number of prominent local social media platforms have been advocating for people to avoid having vaccines approved by the Therapeutic Goods Administration (TGA) by signing up to planned COVAX-19 clinical trials.

A direction issued on November 8 allowed people "currently taking part in a COVID-19 vaccine trial" where "the receipt of another available vaccine would impact the validity of the trial" to be exempt from the mandate, in place for workers in aged care, schools, childcare centres, disability services, health care and passenger transport.

But in a new direction issued today, SA Police said "taking part in a COVID-19 vaccination trial is no longer a valid reason to be exempt".

You're confusing and conflating "educated" and "intelligence" - to have one does NOT mean the other exists in the same entity.
Whilst you're probably correct in some cases I find this kind of response usually comes from uneducated people who (wrongly) think they're smarter than everyone else

Whilst you're probably correct in some cases I find this kind of response usually comes from uneducated people who (wrongly) think they're smarter than everyone else
Whilst you're probably correct in some cases I find this kind of response usually comes from educated people who (wrongly) think they're smarter than everyone else.
Kids doing some higher education course into the life cycle of yabbies makes them possibly more knowedgable about crustaceans, not more wordly into other stuff.

Whilst you're probably correct in some cases I find this kind of response usually comes from educated people who (wrongly) think they're smarter than everyone else.
Kids doing some higher education course into the life cycle of yabbies makes them possibly more knowedgable about crustaceans, not more wordly into other stuff.
I could go some yabbies still

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using Tapatalk

A few mates move in to local and state government careers just prior to covid.

Some of the things some of them got reassigned to do for the same wage or greater, specific to covid management, could at the absolute best intentioned, be described as superfluous.

Any non public servant organisation trying the same would have shut its doors by now.

I've worked in government, I know what it's like. But if you really required a staff member for some specific compliance reason like checking vaccination passports, it would be done.

The point is, the people who come up with stupid regulations like checking vaccination passports have never worked in small business and don't understand what it's like when you're spending your own money rather than other people's money.
Or also, spending money that you have to get customers to want to spend, not money they are obligated to pay to exist in this society.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That's so ironic. Whilst you're probably correct, in most cases I find this kind of response usually comes from educated people who confuse education and intelligence and in so doing prove they're neither.

Ah yes the old loophole of getting out of taking a vaccine by taking a vaccine.

What will those crazy anti vaxxers try next?
Yes hard to get the head around that one
Its pretty straight forward actually.

They're signing up for future trials of COVAX-19. So the loop hole is "I can't get a vaccine because I'm going to get this other one as part of a clinical trial at sometime in the future".

Too true, the world is full of well educated morons. People who have nothing better to do than sit in the cloisters of some obscure University conducting studies and publishing superfluous research that they hope will get them a professorship in a better know University.

Since COVID struck I have found myself asking, 'how many academic experts in virology and immunology does Australia have? ' Every morning there is a different Associate Professor on TV telling us something we all already knew or contradicting someone else.

Its pretty straight forward actually.

They're signing up for future trials of COVAX-19. So the loop hole is "I can't get a vaccine because I'm going to get this other one as part of a clinical trial at sometime in the future".
ah thanks, thst makes sense, I thought the covax trial was maybe already happening.

Couple of days post 3rd booster shot. Preface by saying I didnt really have any side effects first 2. Felt a little ropey in the evening after the first one, but took some panadol and was all good. Sore ish arms only like a flu shot. This one I had some minor side effects, woke up about 4am with a bit achey muscles and sore arm at injection site. Just took panadol 4 hourly through it all and no real dramas.
Reporting back re my daughter.
16 hours since booster, some rigors and achy but not as bad as last time so far, fingers crossed,

Reporting back re my daughter.
16 hours since booster, some rigors and achy but not as bad as last time so far, fingers crossed,
Sounds positive. Just some overnight aches ended up being my only side effects.

What's the difference between a dirty bus stop and a yabbie with **** ?

One's a crusty bus station and the other's a busty crustacean !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back