Corona virus and other pestilences. Poxes ‘n stuff. Part 5.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yah for a positive RAT :( So far just like a cold with sore throat, runny nose and a few aches. Hopefully stays this mild.

All the best to you and anyone else who goes through it.

Weird how only two of the four in our house tested positive (hope that continues).

I got the sore throat (hurt to even open my mouth but strangely still felt hungry) and intensely burning eyes that meant incredibly uncomfortable to deal with light so couldn't binge tv or use phone for long periods.

Stay safe all

I don't know how I managing to avoid it when half the school has had it. I might need to get my blood examined by the CSIRO as super blood. Or i am in an age bracket that doesn't do super spreading events.
Some people just don't seem to get it, my sister had a very mild case & my brother in law tested negative on the first RAT, the PCR & all the follow up RATS. Both fine now.. well he always was lol.

Apparently influenza cases have increased by 500% this year. Not surprising given most of us were wearing masks this time last year.

Australians have become too complacent. Covid cases have increased, the death rate has increased over the past 12 months and on top of Covid we are about to get an influenza outbreak. About the only saving grace is that Covid hospitalisations have decreased slightly since April. Hopefully that trend will continue otherwise this winter our health system will be stretched.

As the experts are advising; everyone should get a flu shot and a Covid booster and wear a mask in crowded indoor settings. In the past 12 months I have had 2 flu shots, 2 Astra Zeneca shots and 2 Pfitzer boosters and I have not experienced any real side effects. I know that in rare cases vaccinations have caused issues for some individuals but running the Covid gauntlet unvaccinated has got to be a bigger risk than taking a jab.

My son, who contracted Covid 2 weeks ago spent yesterday off work and in bed as he is still suffering the effects of Covid. A cough, a sore throat and extreme fatigue seem to be among the more common symptoms.

Last edited:
“In conclusion, we have developed an adjuvanted intranasal RBD vaccine that could induce robust and long-term immunity against both WT and multiple variant strains of SARS-CoV-2, including the most recent Omicron variant. Moreover, it induced both mucosal and systemic immunity against SARS-CoV-2 after three doses, including serum IgG antibodies, sIgA in the respiratory tracts, cellular immunity in lymph nodes,32 as well as CD4+ and CD8+ TRM cell responses in the lungs. Finally, safety evaluation indicated the long-term tolerability of this vaccine in mice. All these results suggested that the adjuvanted intranasal RBD vaccine has the potential to be further developed for human use against the existing SARS-CoV-2 and future coronavirus pandemics”

“In conclusion, we have developed an adjuvanted intranasal RBD vaccine that could induce robust and long-term immunity against both WT and multiple variant strains of SARS-CoV-2, including the most recent Omicron variant. Moreover, it induced both mucosal and systemic immunity against SARS-CoV-2 after three doses, including serum IgG antibodies, sIgA in the respiratory tracts, cellular immunity in lymph nodes,32 as well as CD4+ and CD8+ TRM cell responses in the lungs. Finally, safety evaluation indicated the long-term tolerability of this vaccine in mice. All these results suggested that the adjuvanted intranasal RBD vaccine has the potential to be further developed for human use against the existing SARS-CoV-2 and future coronavirus pandemics”

I guess we wait for long term trials and see what happens. I would like to think this was a solution but I am not sure I give credibility to anything that comes out of China these days. Except Covid of course that is real enough.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You'd think that Anti vaxxer bird will also play for Port as it sounds like she hates the Crows for not supporting her.
I'd rather she didn't.

I'd rather she didn't.
Why?

Already AFLW standard and not on a AFLW list which means she is not considered poached from another club. Sounds passionate and singleminded.

I really couldn't give 2 shits about AFLW but why wouldn't you take a dual premiership player if she was available?

On politcal grounds? Cause she stood up for what she believed in and ultimately has been proven to be correct? Because she didn't conform to your 29 year old idealist collectivism? You go girls, you be what you want to be. Dont let anybody stand in your way..... but not like that.

Odd.

She is also an ICU nurse who doesnt believe in vaccinations. You know, the same nurses who have to have MANY vaccinations to be able to work as an ICU nurse (or any type of nurse). Outside of football ability, nursing ability or anything else, she has proven mostly that she is an idiot.

Is “Stood up for what they believed in” supposed to be something respectable?

I would have more respect for anti-vaxxers, homophobes, gun nuts and pro-lifers if they saw how stupid they were and changed their views.

It had started so well…

Is “Stood up for what they believed in” supposed to be something respectable?

I would have more respect for anti-vaxxers, homophobes, gun nuts and pro-lifers if they saw how stupid they were and changed their views.
I don't think you can compare health concerns about government coercion to being a homophobe! Particularly when she had a very personal experience with somebody who had an adverse reaction.

That's the falsest of false analogies.

Who hasn't (that they know of) had a dose of covid yet?
Neither me or anyone in my immediate family (partner, father, mother, brother, grandparents) has had it yet. Not sure how we're managing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back