Corona virus and other pestilences. Poxes ‘n stuff. Part 6.

Remove this Banner Ad

So, as a healthcare worker, people should have the right to refuse care if the patient hasn't been vaxed, because what about the healthcare workers' rights? Same argument just a different perspective.

I guess that's why hospital workers are vaccinated - because theoretically by being vaccinated, coming into contact with anyone - vaccinated or unvaccinated - should not be an issue with respect to any potential pathogenic transmission from patient to worker.

Dare I say if you're getting into this business (healthcare, specifically hospital work) you are agreeing to put yourself in a place where there is a higher amounts of pathogens, and hence a greater risk of catching stuff anyway.

So, as a healthcare worker, people should have the right to refuse care if the patient hasn't been vaxed, because what about the healthcare workers' rights? Same argument just a different perspective.

It's rare for a healcare worker to refuse to look after a patient.
We have a mix of unvaccinated and vaccinated patients

I guess that's why hospital workers are vaccinated - because theoretically by being vaccinated, coming into contact with anyone - vaccinated or unvaccinated - should not be an issue with respect to any potential pathogenic transmission from patient to worker.

Dare I say if you're getting into this business (healthcare, specifically hospital work) you are agreeing to put yourself in a place where there is a higher amounts of pathogens, and hence a greater risk of catching stuff anyway.
My point exactly Chewy. I have had countless vaccinations to protect myself and the vulnerable individuals I have cared for. Students who go out on placements have to be vaccinated against a myriad of diseases, it has been the case for more than 2 decades. Hence why I roll my eyes when healthcare workers argue their anti-vaccination case.

My point exactly Chewy. I have had countless vaccinations to protect myself and the vulnerable individuals I have cared for. Students who go out on placements have to be vaccinated against a myriad of diseases, it has been the case for more than 2 decades. Hence why I roll my eyes when healthcare workers argue their anti-vaccination case.

I'm a bit unsure what you mean by this - because any "anti-vaccination case" (as you have put it) is dare I say unique to every individual. The term "anti-vaccination" has imo changed its meaning somewhat after covid - in large part because there were plenty of people who have been "pro-vaccination" with all the standard shots, but refused to get a covid vaccine (for a myriad of reasons).

Findings from the controlled study revealed major metabolic shifts, particularly a substantial reduction in HDL-cholesterol (HDL-C) levels, coupled with a twofold increase in ferritin levels and insulin resistance among severe long COVID-19 cases, compared to milder cases and the control group. These metabolic markers emerged as leading predictors of disease severity, offering novel understandings of long COVID-19 management and treatment.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back