Corona virus, Port and the AFL. Part 2.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aliens.jpg

tenor.gif

The Victorian Chief Health Officer says the risk of covid transmission is about 20 times higher when people are inside. It's a combination of being indoors and length of time spent inside.

Explains why aged care facilities are such a high risk area. Even hospitals are high risk despite all the protective measures in place.

The Victorian Chief Health Officer says the risk of covid transmission is about 20 times higher when people are inside. It's a combination of being indoors and length of time spent inside.

Explains why aged care facilities are such a high risk area. Even hospitals are high risk despite all the protective measures in place.
So why restrict people's outdoor movements so much. If you want to walk or ride a bike 50km then let people do it.

So why restrict people's outdoor movements so much. If you want to walk or ride a bike 50km then let people do it.
I think it's because the risk of spreading the disease is higher when there are high levels of community transmission. Such infected individuals have the potential to seed outbreaks outside their immediate area of residence if there's no restriction on movement. Melbourne's second wave can be traced back to a handful of individuals who were part of the hotel quarantine program. They roamed around and spread the disease.

I think restrictions on movement will be lifted once there's less community transmission.

Is that because you need a certain dosage before your system cannot combat it?
Are you more likely to touch a surface affected by others and you are more likely to catch it via surface transmission?
Does the virus lose its lipid layer in sunlight?

I wish I had a better understanding of why this is the case.
Please don't misunderstanding my tone, I'm just thinking out loud rather than demanding answers.

Are you more likely to touch a surface affected by others and you are more likely to catch it via surface transmission?

Please don't misunderstanding my tone, I'm just thinking out loud rather than demanding answers.

Aerosols which is why Gyms are such a big concern a lot of people in an enclosed space with increased breathing. There’s a certain number of droplets that you need to inhale to cross the line and become infected.

All good.

I work in a hospital in a non-clinical role. I've spoken with a doctor who treats covid patients. Her explanation - small droplets of the virus linger in confined spaces, like an Emergency Department, a ward and rooms in aged care facilities. So the longer an non-infected person is in a confined space with the virus the greater likelihood of transmission. I live in regional Victoria where restrictions were lifted a few days ago. For pubs, cafes and restaurants in-door seating is limited and you only stay for an hour. Those rules are based on the doctor's explanation.

We’re already at the point where locking out regional Victoria is overkill so hopefully sanity will continue to prevail sooner rather than later.

The majority of South Australians do not agree with you. Somewhere there has to be a border with Melbourne. The really sensible thing is to have it where South Australia can control the situation. If you open up to regional Victoria you are relying on the Victorian Government to effectively quarantine the entire Melbourne metro area. After their efforts with hotel quarantine I, and the majority of South Australians, choose to put our faith in the SA Government.

Last edited:
Last edited:

Angeles resident Andrew Fleming told news.com.au the harsh coronavirus lockdowns in his hometown have meant people under the age of 21 and those over the age of 60 and pregnant women have been “confined to the house” for 200 days.

He said people had been living on rations and he himself had only received one delivery of a bag of rice and 20 cans of sardines throughout the pandemic.

Mayor Carmelo Lazatin, Jr has published an extensive list of regulations that include a curfew from 11pm to 5am, quarantine passes for those leaving home, mandatory wearing of masks and face shields in some places and strict bans on public gatherings.

I just wanted to post this here to put things in perspective in our country we are very fortunate. Doing it tough in the Philippines.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The world as we know it is in rainbow coloured freefall

Except for the states.

People arguing lockdown work are simply ignoring everywhere in the world we see and now know they didn't as most places to back into growing Corona cases. Just to defend the world's biggest lockdown for political reasons and claim it's all following science and ignore that hydrochloriquine can't be used there due to political reasons. People have really done an amazing disservice to their own moral and ethical responsibilities during this by restricting potentially life saving treatments based on political reasons, amazing stuff during a pandemic.

Except for the states.

People arguing lockdown work are simply ignoring everywhere in the world we see and now know they didn't as most places to back into growing Corona cases. Just to defend the world's biggest lockdown for political reasons and claim it's all following science and ignore that hydrochloriquine can't be used there due to political reasons. People have really done an amazing disservice to their own moral and ethical responsibilities during this by restricting potentially life saving treatments based on political reasons, amazing stuff during a pandemic.

Just to continue on this, Sweden has had its lowest number of cases since March.
Considering that they never went into lockdown, how are they recording less cases than the rest of Europe?

Just to continue on this, Sweden has had its lowest number of cases since March.
Considering that they never went into lockdown, how are they recording less cases than the rest of Europe?

Less testing.

Nobody cares anymore, the virus is what it is.

Here's a breakdown of how much hospitals in the US get per case of COVID-19 in various states:

Alabama

$158,000 USD per case

Florida

$132,000 USD per case

North Carolina

$252,000 USD per case

North Dakota

$339,000 USD per case

Wyoming

$278,000 USD per case

These aren’t per hospital admission. This is per case.

Also, in Texas the reason why they had a surge in case numbers during August/September is because they had a massive backlog of cases from June/July when there actually was a surge, but instead of adding them to the June/July totals retrospectively, they added them as new cases.

They are not, at least not on a population basis.

Positives per million of total population:

Germany 3248/million
UK 5744/million
France 6711/million
Sweden 8725/million

At least Sweden is not as bad as Spain where the infection rate is 14101/million.

Last edited:
Yeah Sweden as doing OK if you want to take a weekly snapshot but since March when the pandemic started the Swedish infection rates and death rates have been among the highest on the planet. You cannot just look at total infections over a week you have to look at the entire pandemic period. There is plenty of information on Sweden throughout this thread and Part1 of the thread and most of it is not that supportive of Anders Tegnell and his herd immunity approach.

The other thing about Sweden is they did not lock down completely to protect their economy but that has not worked as their economy has been as hard hit as any one else's.

The site below is a far better reference, use it and you you can compare all countries.

Yeah Sweden as doing OK if you want to take a weekly snapshot but since March when the pandemic started the Swedish infection rates and death rates have been among the highest on the planet. You cannot just look at total infections over a week you have to look at the entire pandemic period.

My first comment was asking why their numbers are declining whilst other European countries numbers are going up.

Except for the states.

NZ ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back