Corona virus, Port and the AFL. Part 2.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Australia has the highest minimum wage in the ******* world!
Yup and one of the strongest economies in the world because of it.

Woolworths (for example) made over a billion dollars in profit last year.

I reckon we can find a way to keep fruit prices low AND pay people a decent wage to pick it.
Which is what this conversation is about. People whinging that Aussies won’t move hundreds of kms to work in s**t conditions for s**t wages so Woolies can make billions.

Lower the massive profit margins instead of wages, will also mean more money in the economy in general instead of rich hoarders.

Last edited:

******* back packers earning $15 an hour are not in any way representative of the poor and working classes.
We aren’t talking about backpackers, we are talking about what’s happened because we can’t exploit them anymore (and I agree, they are holiday makers).

Australians have shown they will work in places like the mines etc. as long as they get their fair share.

The supermarkets are taking the piss out of the fruit growers who then want people to take s**t pay cover their losses.
It’s ****ed.

He tested positive to being an annoying pommy campaigner years ago. What’s he tested positive to this time?
Oi

He's a Scot

Don't let the poms claim him

There's enough of it as it is. UKs Murray when he is winning and Scotland's Murray when he is losing

A Pom is someone from Britain, last I checked Scotland was in Britain
I've never heard a Wallabies player or coach talk about playing and beating the poms when we play Scotland or Wales. I have when we play England.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Make sure you wear a mask at the airport or you could be fined $50,000 :)

Lol, imagine being fined $50,000 for not wearing a mask because there are about 4 cases of a virus in a country of 25 million.
Lootenant McGowan at his hard bastard best.

I know it's not exactly easy to get factual info out of China, but is there any evidence to support this?

Just common sense though isn't it? Unless you think they're just super awesome at not spreading the disease, despite being hugely densely populated and not under lockdown.

I know it's not exactly easy to get factual info out of China, but is there any evidence to support this?
The fact they locked up people who spoke out and said it was worse than officials were telling the public, is evidence enough. A paranoid authoritarian regime doesn't reveal the full facts.

Yup and one of the strongest economies in the world because of it.

Woolworths (for example) made over a billion dollars in profit last year.

I reckon we can find a way to keep fruit prices low AND pay people a decent wage to pick it.
Which is what this conversation is about. People whinging that Aussies won’t move hundreds of kms to work in sh*t conditions for sh*t wages so Woolies can make billions.

Lower the massive profit margins instead of wages, will also mean more money in the economy in general instead of rich hoarders.
The profit margins for Woolies and Coles are way too high. That's what attracted Aldi to Aus

COVID has cracked the 2m deaths. still a ways to go yet for 12 months since it really kicked in, total deaths were only 5k in mid March last year.

at current death rates it will be about 2.8m by mid march. jUsT lIkE tHe FlU
And it would be higher than 2m if excess deaths are factored in. Look at the Russians. Recently admitted that their true covid death count was about 100,000 higher than the "official" count.

Find me another country on the planet that has case/death graphs with China’s uninterrupted 9 month flatlines. Their figures are clearly bullshit and I’d go as far as to say that they’re mathematically impossible in the context of being on Earth at this moment in time.

Just common sense though isn't it? Unless you think they're just super awesome at not spreading the disease, despite being hugely densely populated and not under lockdown.

The thing about being authoritarian is you can actually enforce brutal lockdowns like they did in Wuhan at the start.

I don't think it is "common sense". Most Asian nations have handled covid way better than the west.

Not really seeing any evidence here guys. It might be higher than reported but we're talking a factor of 100 to compare it to the US.

Find me another country on the planet that has case/death graphs with China’s uninterrupted 9 month flatlines. Their figures are clearly bullshit and I’d go as far as to say that they’re mathematically impossible in the context of being on Earth at this moment in time.

Singapore
Vietnam
Taiwan
Thailand
Malaysia

All have had massive flatline periods with only a handful of cases a day trickling in.

Some have had recent spikes.

South Korea bugger all for 4 months april-august. All densely populated. Clearly it's possible

Singapore
Vietnam
Taiwan
Thailand
Malaysia

All have had massive flatline periods with only a handful of cases a day trickling in.

Some have had recent spikes.

South Korea bugger all for 4 months april-august. All densely populated. Clearly it's possible

Lol congratulations on coming up empty handed. None of them (apart from Taiwan, guess why that might be) are anywhere near China’s flatline since April. Not even close. Malaysia has had almost double the amount of cases that China has had with almost 1/50th the population. Caaaarn.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back