Corona virus, Port and the AFL. Part 2.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a crazy day when Steven cRowie Rowe makes sense. o_O

https://www.fiveaa.com.au/sport/pla...ws-to-melbourne-doesnt-make-sense-says-rowey/

“Why would they send our boys there? There’s an ulterior motive and here’s the thing: Crows after Round 6 have only got GWS to play, Port have only got Sydney to play. They’ve got to get teams into Melbourne so guess what, oh Port and Crows, why don’t you go to Melbourne.

“They go to Melbourne they’ll get stuck there… you just bloomin’ watch.”

Aren't Victoria testing 50% of the population of the hotspot regions in the next 10 days?

Plenty to play out before round 7

If Victoria doesn’t get its outbreaks under control soon, anyone coming from Victoria (including AFL players) will have to quarantine for 14 days. Doesn’t that mean, we enter a second hub in Victoria, play a series of games there and return after a break for a third hub in SA?

It means a run of games at home leading into finals. Vic clubs will come to SA, isolate, play each other in isolation, then play the Cows and us.

If we can keep the momentum we have going for a few more rounds, we will be ideally placed for a run into finals.

The next most likely scenario is that Vic will get out of control and its teams will have to relocate NRL style. Any way you look at it, I’d rather be a non-Victorian side than a Victorian side. The chances of more Victorian based players getting it and stuffing up their season, is much greater than it is for us.

I would imagine if SA doesn't open its border to Vic on July 20th then the AFL will have to negotiate with the SA govt to open a hub here like they have in WA. The fact that the border is supposed to be opening seems to be the only valid reason why they wouldn't have a hub in SA.

We should look on the bright side, 30 is 3 less than yesterday and keep that up for the next 10 days they will be down to zero. That brings us to July 6th so get to zero by July 6th then 14 days of nil or close to nil community infections and Spurrier and Stevens can open the doors to SA.

National Cabinet is meeting today and who knows what will happen. If Morrison, who wants the border restrictions lifted, gets into Marshall's ear we may have a softening on the border restrictions in line with those that the NT is planning to introduce in July. Anything is possible in politics.

Last edited:
We probably just wont play at home for the rest of the season. We will just stay in Melbourne and have to suck it up.

giphy.gif

It is on again...

Woolworths and Coles have reintroduced national limits on toilet paper sales. Apparently the toilet tissue twits have started a run in Victoria and the supermarket chains have gone national with the limits just to ward off any rush in other States.

Are there no limits to human stupidity ?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It is on again...

Woolworths and Coles have reintroduced national limits on toilet paper sales. Apparently the toilet tissue twits have started a run in Victoria and the supermarket chains have gone national with the limits just to ward off any rush in other States.

Are there no limits to human stupidity ?

That was obviously a rhetorical question?

No time for a test, I have a house inspection to go to. Oh look, there's a footballer.

So if they do not undertake testing how does anyone know they are not asymptomatic? I guess the answer is we don't.

I am not sure how they get away with it.

Why are they offered testing and why isn't testing a requirement upon returning to Australia?

You can't force people but if you refuse testing should be extra 14 days in iso at their expense

You can or should be able to force people to take a test when a Biosecurity State of Emergency has been declared under the Biosecurity Act. You or I can be forced to stay at home if we are supposed to be isolating and the police can be used to check we are where we are supposed to be. These people are returning from overseas so I have no problem with them being required to take a test.

We are told to expect a flight from Mumbai into Adelaide tomorrow and some will have COVID-19. We are fore warned to expect up to 25 COVID cases.
I just do not get why these people are not expected to isolate/ quarantine BEFORE getting on tne plane.
Surely they put everyone elsevon these long flights at risk.
Could someone please explain ot to me.

This hysteria is what happens when you move the goal posts. The reality is the restrictions and lockdowns now are going to amount to naught as some point you have to accept (as was case pre lockdown) that's going to be doing the rounds for a while, if not forever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back