Corona virus, Port and the AFL. Part 2.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually I have had a bit of a think about the situation and I do not think the SA Government is being all that hard to get on with. The AFL have it in their hands to move teams out of Victoria and engineer a quarantine period for all Victorian teams. They had it in their hands this time last week when an AFL player tested positive and it was obvious that things were going pear shaped in Victoria yet they did nothing, in fact as I post they still haven't done anything it is all speculation about what they might do.

All through this is the smell of arrogance, the smell of an AFL that thinks the rest of Australia will to bow to their wishes. Even at this late stage the AFL could fix the situation. They could suspend the competition, schedule a bye and programme the Victorian and non Victorian sides to play each other upon resumption even if it is a split round to get rid of the postponed Essendon v Melbourne game. That would take 2-3 weeks and create a quarantine period. More importantly it would take us past the deadlines imposed by some states and travel between the States becomes very likely. It also gives the Victorians a bit more time to get on top of the contagion in the hot spots.

None of this is easy but I will bet that the AFL hasn't even had a contingency plan for Victoria and had hubs for all 10 Victorian clubs mapped out and organised in case they were needed. As a result Gillion will have had frantic last minute phone around trying to find States and venues that can host Victorian clubs.

As much as I disagree with many things that Marshall has done and acknowledge that he hasn't helped the situation I am not prepared to pillory him because of the AFL's short comings.

Exactly. The hubs decision should have been made by the AFL last week when the cases started to climb, rather they continued to pander to individuals such as Eddie, Dangerfield, Reiwolt and co. Blind Freddy could see the inevitable. If clubs had moved this week then quarantine rules would have been less strict. This is not the SA Government's fault, rather it is the mismanagement of the AFT by Gil and co.

I think it was actually a reference to the additional restrictions that the AFL is placing on players. The same restrictions that weren't good enough to allow Richmond to play in Queensland last night without 14 days quarantine. But they are good enough for a team entering a hub.

Seems that Anastacia was more interested in forcing the AFLs hand to get hubs outside of Victoria, which results in clubs staying in Queensland hotels and generates some revenue for Queensland hotels.

Which begs the question as to how are Geelong doing 14 days quarantine if they are playing Brisbane in Sydney in round 6? Annastacia won't allow Richmond to play in Brisbane this week yet she is happy enough with Brisbane playing Geelong next week then flying back to Queensland.

I think you are right about the political game to attact a hub to Queensland.

So what proportion of Victorian players do we think will refuse to go into the hubs?

Depends which school they went to. If only we knew that information.

So what proportion of Victorian players do we think will refuse to go into the hubs?

The sh*t show provided by the Victorian players over the coming days is going to be really interesting and entertaining.

C’mon these guys have family and stuff happening. You can’t expect them to make sacrifices as that would be really inconvenient.

I think the most interesting team will be Richmond. I like Jack Riewoldt as a player and normally like him in the media but his attitude towards hubs is pretty evident. Given he and Cotchin are in the leadership group they are making it pretty easy for their teammates to opt out.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Bahaha
Top of the table

Enjoy 2 Sunday 1 pm games

As ridiculous as it is, we have a pretty big battle we want to win with the AFL over the Bars. We're just going to have to cop whatever nonsense is thrown our way and win the brownie points we're going to need to win that battle.

So at least 10,000 people in the Melbourne suburb hotspots have refused to be tested. How the heck are the health authorities supposed to get a handle on this thing??? 🤦‍♂️
Lol conspiracy theorists. Idiots. Don’t believe in science but believe these snake oil salesmen on you tube.
Believe that every country in the world is destroying its economy just for fun or a fake virus 😂

I can only assume those refusing to be tested are doing so for fear they'll be isolated for 14 days if found positive, and don't want to give up work etc for that time.

About time it was made mandatory, or make the penalty for refusing 14 days of isolation anyway. There's far too much civil liberties nonsense being thrown around.

Lol conspiracy theorists. Idiots. Don’t believe in science but believe these snake oil salesmen on you tube.
Believe that every country in the world is destroying its economy just for fun or a fake virus 😂

nah come on bro this has bill gates fingerprints all over it

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I can only assume those refusing to be tested are doing so for fear they'll be isolated for 14 days if found positive, and don't want to give up work etc for that time.

About time it was made mandatory, or make the penalty for refusing 14 days of isolation anyway. There's far too much civil liberties nonsense being thrown around.
Didn't Andrews make a casual work payment you could claim if you have COVID

1593760382866.png

Possibly the Vics getting snakey because SA wouldn't have an AFL hub.;)

We do not * about in SA no mask and home you go.

Looking at the revised draw for rounds 6 & 7 not having a hub in SA isn't going to affect the SA teams that much. We have to see round 8 onward yet but given the Cows getting a home game on the 20th it looks like we will host interstate teams at AO and remain based in Adelaide. The issue of quarantine isn't going to be an issue once the two weeks has passed without a Victorian player testing positive.

Chris Davies on TEN News, It wouldn't be the first time the Crows were looked after would it ?

I thought that's what Davies said! What has happened at our club this year!!!
Looking at the revised draw for rounds 6 & 7 not having a hub in SA isn't going to affect the SA teams that much. We have to see round 8 onward yet but given the Cows getting a home game on the 20th it looks like we will host interstate teams at AO and remain based in Adelaide. The issue of quarantine isn't going to be an issue once the two weeks has passed without a Victorian player testing positive.

Chris Davies on TEN News, It wouldn't be the first time the Crows were looked after would it ?

On SM-A530F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Travis Auld and his Fixture is dog sh*t!
Barring round 3 Collingwood will play either Thursday or Friday night....fu** off! Even Carlton has played 2 prime games....complete bullshit.

Could be worse. Under normal circumstances they would probably be playing at the MCG on Thursday or Friday night.

So at least 10,000 people in the Melbourne suburb hotspots have refused to be tested. How the heck are the health authorities supposed to get a handle on this thing??? 🤦‍♂️
How many of those who said no had been tested in the last few days and were negative and how many are still waiting for their results. It is a random blitz testing exercise.

Its a meaningless number without explanation.

If I had made the effort to go and be tested 2 or 3 or 4 days earlier, and then someone knocks on my door saying they want to do a random test, I was negative or I hadn't got my result back yet, I probably would have also said no.

Its not 10,000 people saying its a conspiracy. So some info to go with a data point, would be good.

How many of those who said no had been tested in the last few days and were negative and how many are still waiting for their results. It is a random blitz testing exercise.

Its a meaningless number without explanation.

If I had made the effort to go and be tested 2 or 3 or 4 days earlier, and then someone knocks on my door saying they want to do a random test, I was negative or I hadn't got my result back yet, I probably would have also said no.

Its not 10,000 people saying its a conspiracy. So some info to go with a data point, would be good.
I'm just quoting the number that's been reported in various news outlets. You seem to be privy to other information if you're saying that people that are refusing to be tested, have already been tested/ have come back negative/ are awaiting results etc.

View attachment 905295

Possibly the Vics getting snakey because SA wouldn't have an AFL hub.;)

We do not fu** about in SA no mask and home you go.

But how are you supposed to go down on someone wearing a mask?

I'm just quoting the number that's been reported in various news outlets. You seem to be privy to other information if you're saying that people that are refusing to be tested, have already been tested/ have come back negative/ are awaiting results etc.
Sorry I wasn't having a go at you. Was having a go at media reports. I heard this on the news at lunch time and thought that's meaningless unless they detail the reasons why so many are saying no. If the Vic authorities aren't keeping stats then they aren't helping themselves.

A later media report said some people had said they had volunteered for a test a few days ago in their hot spot then were part of random knocks on the door offering / asking households to have tests.

But there is no reported breakdown of say the top 5 reasons why people said no.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back