Corona virus, Port and the AFL. Part 2.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I haven't bothered reading all the posts on this forum yet, but the corona virus is mega, It has changed the world, changed peoples perception of the world in a truly profound way. I have personally suffered tremendous hardships from covid but I am seeking positives out of it because I thought the pre covid environment was profoundly f'd up too, it was just lots of high end rollers making uber wealth and living like kings from the suffering and misery of others, and not paying any tax to boot.
eat the rich. what I like about covid is port are the Saturday night afl team, we are no 1, everyone is chasing us and we are the fastest, most offensive, attack minded team in the afl, neutrals want to watch us in the peak revenue slots. People want to watch the best.
crows are a Tuesday night team.
the afl cant rig the draw. its a 17 game comp, everyone plays everyone once, on largely neutral grounds. that's equality. no more 10 night games to satisfy carlton because some corrupt afl official made a deal with some high roller and gets in the ear of a few afl officials to line their own pocket, then they can go out an announce that they thought carlton would have improved tremendously to justify the extension to their house, its now merit based. the ceos are scrambling to save their own arses and any calculated deception is now shelved, and the uber rich decision makers are on notice. eat the rich

I love how people believe that a computer model is some sort of independent mechanism that spits out a well tested result. It's also really worrying to think anyone agrees with the Victoria lock down continuing and are buying that the models are all they need to know it's right to continue lol.

I love how people believe that a computer model is some sort of independent mechanism that spits out a well tested result. It's also really worrying to think anyone agrees with the Victoria lock down continuing and are buying that the models are all they need to know it's right to continue lol.

Generally the people that love it are those that aren't anywhere near it.

I haven't bothered reading all the posts on this forum yet, but the corona virus is mega, It has changed the world, changed peoples perception of the world in a truly profound way. I have personally suffered tremendous hardships from covid but I am seeking positives out of it because I thought the pre covid environment was profoundly f'd up too, it was just lots of high end rollers making uber wealth and living like kings from the suffering and misery of others, and not paying any tax to boot.
eat the rich. what I like about covid is port are the Saturday night afl team, we are no 1, everyone is chasing us and we are the fastest, most offensive, attack minded team in the afl, neutrals want to watch us in the peak revenue slots. People want to watch the best.
crows are a Tuesday night team.
the afl cant rig the draw. its a 17 game comp, everyone plays everyone once, on largely neutral grounds. that's equality. no more 10 night games to satisfy carlton because some corrupt afl official made a deal with some high roller and gets in the ear of a few afl officials to line their own pocket, then they can go out an announce that they thought carlton would have improved tremendously to justify the extension to their house, its now merit based. the ceos are scrambling to save their own arses and any calculated deception is now shelved, and the uber rich decision makers are on notice. eat the rich

eat the rich. for a long time I have becried the wealth gap, seen first hand the disgusting, obscene behavior of the uber rich, how they swindle the working class out of their life long savings and dine high on the gap. now is time for a little equalisation
good thing fraudenberg has decided in times of crisis we need to open the gap a little wider with a big cut for the over $120k'ers and a few scraps from the table for those on $40k

there was a period of time in the cultural revolution when the rich actually did get eaten. particularly in the southern provinces. they weren't starving, they had just had enough. not saying its a great thing as it seems to be arbitrarily and unjustly provisioned. but the rich do get eaten sometimes. now is one of those times. eat the rich or at the very least, challenge everything you hear from the high end and fight for the working class.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

good thing fraudenberg has decided in times of crisis we need to open the gap a little wider with a big cut for the over $120k'ers and a few scraps from the table for those on $40k
yeah. I still get that vibe, libs want to hang on to their supporter base, but that base is dwindling, where I work, everyone on over 150kpa had to take a 20% pay cut, a lot of them walked out, mostly upper management so weren't missed, and went back to their trust funds, those trust funds have been smashed, along with their uber high end investment properties. the rich will lose the most and the working class will rise after this challenge. I am still searching for positives from this chaos.

The Victorian government with this lockdown is outdoing anything anywhere in expanding any wealth gap you may be worried about. One of the biggest issues is all the people involved in the decisions have zero financial pain from it.

yeah. I still get that vibe, libs want to hang on to their supporter base, but that base is dwindling, where I work, everyone on over 150kpa had to take a 20% pay cut, a lot of them walked out, mostly upper management so weren't missed, and went back to their trust funds, those trust funds have been smashed, along with their uber high end investment properties. the rich will lose the most and the working class will rise after this challenge. I am still searching for positives from this chaos.

No, the rich get richer. Who do you think has the cash to load up when the market panics? Pick up distressed assets? Their drop in wealth is temporary but they will be back stronger if their gains from the market recovery haven't already outstripped their losses. The real losers are the middle and working class with the exception of government employees who go along as if nothing has happened.

there was a period of time in the cultural revolution when the rich actually did get eaten. particularly in the southern provinces. they weren't starving, they had just had enough. not saying its a great thing as it seems to be arbitrarily and unjustly provisioned. but the rich do get eaten sometimes. now is one of those times. eat the rich or at the very least, challenge everything you hear from the high end and fight for the working class.

we don't literally need to consume their flesh to survive, but it would be nice if the obscene wealth of the 26 richest people could be redistributed amongst the rest of society. actually * it, you could eat them as well, since when are 26 people worth the same as 3.8 billion?

eat the rich. for a long time I have becried the wealth gap, seen first hand the disgusting, obscene behavior of the uber rich, how they swindle the working class out of their life long savings and dine high on the gap. now is time for a little equalisation

Except that covid has only furthered the wealth gap. The big tech companies of Amazon, Google, Facebook etc have cleaned up during this period. Small businesses have been hit ridiculously hard and so many are being artificially operational due to government stimuli such as JobKeeper.

No, the rich get richer. Who do you think has the cash to load up when the market panics? Pick up distressed assets? Their drop in wealth is temporary but they will be back stronger if their gains from the market recovery haven't already outstripped their losses. The real losers are the middle and working class with the exception of government employees who go along as if nothing has happened.
no, the uber rich are generally strung out, heavy margin loans on speculative assets that need immediate payment. highly exposed to swing markets with a huge amount of their assets tied up in luxury property/ assets/ shares etc which drop like a stone in times like these. the average punter like me may see their house price drop a tiny bit, but I am not selling now so who cares, I might see my super drop a bit, but I am not retiring tomorrow so doesn't matter now. the uber rich pay the highest price, they have the most to lose, after all if you are poor, what do you have to lose?. my boss had 2 investement properties in bali, he has gone quiet on how they are going now.
rivkin sold out early, told his investors to do likewise, put his coin in gold/ silver and new emerging industries, but the average Richie rich has lost far more than you and I could dream of.
same as the great depression, do you think it was working class people jumping out of high rises when the market slumped?. no. that was the opportunity, socially and economically for the working class to assert themselves and buy back some of the assets held in trust by the uber wealthy. history is very interesting. you can learn from it or ignore it at your peril

Last edited:
Does anyone understand what this means? Does this woman have covid or not? Why is it being recorded as an inactive case? How old is old?

The wording is pretty confusing as it does not go into much detail. Apparently the woman in question flew into Adelaide from South Africa on the weekend. She tested positive but was not contagious as she first contracted the virus in South Africa possibly several weeks ago. We know it is possible for people to test positive for COVID-19 for several months after first contracting the virus so maybe that is what they mean by 'historical'.

I guess the good news is although she is positive, she is not contagious and is in quarantine.

The ABC has dug into Victoria’s contact tracing efforts with a couple of their recent articles which is somewhat of a surprise given it was ScoMo that first put it into the public domain as an issue.

It’s important to separate issues around the system being overwhelmed by sheer numbers and look at it on an apples v apples basis. The underlying theme is that funding has been slowly stripped out of the Victorian healthcare system over time.

Fed up with 'woeful' contact tracing, Melbourne GPs have found a local solution

NSW had the ingredients for a second wave, but two key differences changed everything

The ABC has dug into Victoria’s contact tracing efforts with a couple of their recent articles which is somewhat of a surprise given it was ScoMo that first put it into the public domain as an issue.

It’s important to separate issues around the system being overwhelmed by sheer numbers and look at it on an apples v apples basis. The underlying theme is that funding has been slowly stripped out of the Victorian healthcare system over time.

Fed up with 'woeful' contact tracing, Melbourne GPs have found a local solution

NSW had the ingredients for a second wave, but two key differences changed everything

From the 2nd article

"They've had a proud history of many, many years of advanced investment in public health … they've had embedded public health units in all their local health districts," he said.

About 3 weeks ago I was listening to a radio program out of Sydney, think on ABC News Radio, talking about how NSW and Sydney in particular, have strong local area health service districts and those districts whilst integrated with the whole public system, has a high degree of autonomy, but has been able to seamlessly work with NSW Health Department in coordination response to covid.

The Ruby Princess is again pressing for State boundaries to reopen. Gladys is taking aim at Queensland although she will not admit it. If Gladys is that keen to reopen borders why not try it with the New South Wales/ Victoria border? That would open up the economy and also show us all exactly how good the New South Wales contact tracing system is.

Gladys talks about 'living with the virus' a philosophy which the leaders in Western Australia, South Australia, Tasmania, the ACT, and Northern Territory apparently do not share because they have all but eliminated the virus in their jurisdictions. Maybe Gladys needs to reduce those positive numbers in New South Wales in line with other States rather than have the other States slip to her State's lower standards?

Queensland recorded another 8 local cases today so they also need to take care.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back