Corona virus, Port and the AFL. Part 2.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not an anti-vaxxer but this is damn scary to think everyone's rushing to be the first to get a vaccine in mass production without the known long term effects...

The Oxford vaccine is a 'live' vaccine in that it is derived from a virus found in chimpanzees. The virus is supposed to be harmless to humans but who knows? After all the COVID-19 virus is reported to have originated in bats.

The reports are sketchy about the extent and nature of the illness among trial participants. The Oxford trial currently involves tens of thousands of people across three continents so hopefully these are just a handful of coincidental developments.

As I posted some months back when a vaccine is available I intend to wait for twelve months before getting the jab.

The Ruby Princess is again pressing for State boundaries to reopen. Gladys is taking aim at Queensland although she will not admit it. If Gladys is that keen to reopen borders why not try it with the New South Wales/ Victoria border? That would open up the economy and also show us all exactly how good the New South Wales contact tracing system is.

Gladys talks about 'living with the virus' a philosophy which the leaders in Western Australia, South Australia, Tasmania, the ACT, and Northern Territory apparently do not share because they have all but eliminated the virus in their jurisdictions. Maybe Gladys needs to reduce those positive numbers in New South Wales in line with other States rather than have the other States slip to her State's lower standards?

Queensland recorded another 8 local cases today so they also need to take care.

Context for QLD cases is important as well. Five were are family that were already in quarantine, of the remaining three, two are health care workers in quarantine and one is one of the health care workers children (with them in quarantine).

Really sick of the lack of nuance in media reporting - instead of the headline saying 8 cases for Qld - but no community transmission of course the go with "biggest daily increase in months!!!"

100 cases of people in quarantine is better than 1 case of community transmission.

Speaking of Qld, had a great five day break up to Cairns - fantastic deals on at the moment and well worth it - particularly over the next month before stinger season starts and/ or they open the border to NSW. I have to say the professionalism of the border operation at Adelaide airport (dedicated processing terminals for cross-border applications, separation of arrivals and departures with people monitored by police positioned every 30 or so metres along the concourse) should instill great confidence in the integrity and organisation of our logistical response to cross-border movement controls. Landing in Cairns was a little more slap-dash though at least every person was interviewed and had to provide photographic ID with an SA address.

According to TEN News this evening one person has developed transverse myelitis while on the AstraZeneca COVID-19 vaccine trial. Researchers are trying to determine if this is a one off case and a reaction to the vaccine.

Thus far it does not appear to be a mass reaction.

FOOTNOTE AstraZeneca are now refuting that a volunteer has transverse myelitis. The side effect is still undiagnosed.

Last edited:

It has been revealed that Melbourne’s curfew wasn’t a recommendation by the Chief Health Officer and instead appears to have been an arbitrary decision.

On the plus side there does seem to be some flexibility with the roadmap.

Andrews defends Melbourne curfew, but says roadmap is not set in 'stone tablets'

Several times I have heard people talk about Andrews giving X consecutive days of press conference. Think it's in the mid 70's now. Some say he should take a day off, he looks tired, etc.

I have thought out aloud whenever I see/hear that, haven't you guys looked at Governor Andrew Cuomo in New York do his pressers??

Today ie 9th US time, was his 193rd consecutive day of pressers since 1st of March. Yes NY state is 3 times the population of Victoria (19.5m vs 6.6m) but he has had 100 of those days where he had to announce 100+ deaths, and about a month of 700-1,000 deaths a day. Victoria after just over 6 months has just recorded its 700th death.

Plus he always has others at his table there who can provide more detailed health info for questions from the media.

Here is the presser from today which gives you an idea of how much and how he presents the info to the press. Sure there is a degree of political spin in there but its more watchable than Andrews stuff.

Last edited:
You can't host 85 football teams, Richmond players out on the strippers, get the granny in town and let this happen, disgrace, what appalling lack of judgment.

The case for elimination
and against

Last edited:
The other side of the story...

The continued tough stance on the NSW border may become untenable. NSW new cases all linked to clusters or from hotel quarantine, if the article in the tiser today and the internal government rumour mill I've heard from are correct SA's border to NSW will come down almost definitely early next week (unless there is a significant change to numbers there).

Not sure how that will fit with Palaszczuk's 'best health advice' that borders should stay until the day after the next Qld election, November 1 😅.

The other side of the story...

Other side of the story?! There is no other side to this story!

Canberra has not had a case of covid in 60 days. The Bateman's Bay cluster was sorted over 3 and a half weeks ago. There was absolutely no risk to the public for this woman to be granted an exemption on compassionate grounds.

Today we saw the true colours of the Muppet premier of QLD. If this doesn't sink her election hopes they might as well call her Teflon Ana.

Canberra has not had a case of covid in 60 days. The Bateman's Bay cluster was sorted over 3 and a half weeks ago. There was absolutely no risk to the public for this woman to be granted an exemption on compassionate grounds.

Today we saw the true colours of the Muppet premier of QLD. If this doesn't sink her election hopes they might as well call her Teflon Ana.
We call her Anastazie up here. The only reason she will get back in is coz the opposition leader here is lame.

We call her Anastazie up here. The only reason she will get back in is coz the opposition leader here is lame.

Yeah Deb is useless. But I still would be surprised if Palaszczuk won the election. I'm not sure there has been a bigger lack of leadership and a more corrupt and power hungry govt than this current mob currently running QLD. It's disgusting.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm no anti-vaxxer, but i'm absolutely not going to rush to get vaccinated by any COVID vaccine for a comfortable period of time after it's released.

Have a feeling those who don’t will be limited in where you can visit. Those who are vaxed will probs have a certificate like the one I have with the flu shot.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Yeah Deb is useless. But I still would be surprised if Palaszczuk won the election. I'm not sure there has been a bigger lack of leadership and a more corrupt and power hungry govt than this current mob currently running QLD. It's disgusting.
I'm still trying to work the f*ck out how szczuk is pronounced shay.

Faye Dunaway is spelt F*ck Dunawank in Polish.
I knew sz is pronounced shh in polish from famous olympians names, but not how cz and uk are pronounced.

I knew sz is pronounced shh in polish from famous olympians names, but not how cz and uk are pronounced.

Don't try to figure it out, it'll do your head in. Even sz can be pronounced "itz" depending on where it lies in the name. I'm Polish and even half the time I'm getting it wrong!

Several times I have heard people talk about Andrews giving X consecutive days of press conference. Think it's in the mid 70's now. Some say he should take a day off, he looks tired, etc.

I have thought out aloud whenever I see/hear that, haven't you guys looked at Governor Andrew Cuomo in New York do his pressers??

Today ie 9th US time, was his 193rd consecutive day of pressers since 1st of March. Yes NY state is 3 times the population of Victoria (19.5m vs 6.6m) but he has had 100 of those days where he had to announce 100+ deaths, and about a month of 700-1,000 deaths a day. Victoria after just over 6 months has just recorded its 700th death.

Plus he always has others at his table there who can provide more detailed health info for questions from the media.

Here is the presser from today which gives you an idea of how much and how he presents the info to the press. Sure there is a degree of political spin in there but its more watchable than Andrews stuff.

I tuned out of having any interest in what Andrews had to say in his press conferences when I heard about the misinformation he was providing around the impact on age groups.

It's not unreasonable to think that the governor of one of the biggest and most diverse/complicated cities in the entire world is going to be far more confident, resilient and intelligent than the leader of a small town in the pacific though.

GWS coach Leon Cameron has detonated the selection bombshell of the season.
Foxfooty.com.au can reveal Giants captain Stephen Coniglio has been sensationally omitted from the team to face Melbourne on Saturday night.

He is 15 games into a heavily back-ended seven-year contract worth close to $7 million across its duration.

It’s hard to believe we’re getting these kinds of statements for senior QLD leaders. What on earth is going on?

It’s hard to believe we’re getting these kinds of statements for senior QLD leaders. What on earth is going on?

He is correct, the ACT is in the middle of New South Wales. The ACT has an open border with NSW, in fact that border has never been closed. The reasoning is probably if Qld opened it's borders to the ACT there is nothing to stop an enterprising Sydneysider from crossing into the ACT and slipping into Qld. The converse is, as the CHO suggests, a lot of Canberra residents have property on the NSW coast and there is no restriction on their travel movements. A couple of the more significant NSW clusters have been on the NSW south cost.

Last edited:
He is correct, the ACT is in the middle of New South Wales. The ACT has an open border with NSW, in fact that border has never been closed. The reasoning is probably if Qld or SA opened it's borders to the ACT there is nothing to stop an enterprising Sydneysider from crossing into the ACT and slipping into Qld or SA. The converse is, as the CHO suggests, a lot of Canberra residents have property on the NSW coast and there is no restriction on their travel movements. A couple of the more significant NSW clusters have been on the NSW south cost.

There hasn't been an active case in ACT for 43 days. For the entire duration of the pandemic, there has only been 1 case of unknown community transmission in the ACT logged on 17 April. There has been precisely zero impact of any NSW cluster on the ACT. There is no rational basis at all for claiming the ACT is a hotspot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back