Corona virus, Port and the AFL. Part 3.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

What's interesting here is the Doherty report doesn't take into account the need for children to be vaccinated. This is the report Gladys quotes frequently as the way forward the states should be following as a pathway out.
Apparently children neither catch nor spread the virus.

Last edited:
ACT count is now up to 4. The vaccine rollout is fairly well advanced in the ACT so that should help keep the numbers of seriously ill people down.
It's not significantly better than anywhere else but we do have the advantage of geography. It's taken the local government a while to open a pop-up Vax clinic, but we've had good GP support.

Anecdotally we still have the issue of over-60s waiting until they can get Pfizer, so that may come back to bite.

(Disclosure - I've had my first AZ)

NSW has just imposed a 14 day quarantine on all people who have been in the ACT this week.

What a pack of hypocrites. Won't lock down their own people for fear of losing votes, but will willingly impose restrictions on everyone else.

There is nothing more "fake news" about this whole situation than the "we're all in this together" trotted out by self-interested politicians :mad:

Children aged under nine are increasingly testing positive to COVID-19 in NSW, with 44 cases of the contagious Delta variant detected in one day and young children accounting for almost 15 per cent of infections in the past fortnight.

Infectious diseases expert Peter Collignon said while the Delta variant was behaving differently to earlier strains, children were likely to be contracting the virus from their parents as it spread through households rapidly. Many parents under 40 are not yet immunised.

The rise in cases in children comes as teacher unions and the Catholic sector urged the state government to improve access to vaccinations for teachers, saying immunisation was the only way to limit the spread of COVID-19 and protect teachers if schools reopened

Liar liar pants of fire. I hope someone from our press pack seeks clarification from spurrier and co as this is not what she made out in her press conference yesterday. She made it sound as if the AOC was aware of the requirement to double quarantine before it flew athletes to Sydney. This article's seems to show:
1) national cabinet agreed no double quarantine
2) 16 SA athletes were already sent to Sydney when SA health informed them that they would go against the agreed national cabinet advice and require double quarantine.

If that's the case it's an SA health * up. Yet another one they have refused to acknowledge and own just like patient zeros missing day 16/17 test for the Modbury cluster which we are all still being punished for.

I feel a bit sorry for Kerry Chant. I reckon she's providing advice to lock down harder but is being over-ridden by Gladys and Hazzard. Must piss her off when Gladys says she's just following the best medical advice. Chant is being used as cover for the pro-business lobby that's really calling the tunes.

And look at where that's got NSW and other states and territories

Children aged under nine are increasingly testing positive to COVID-19 in NSW, with 44 cases of the contagious Delta variant detected in one day and young children accounting for almost 15 per cent of infections in the past fortnight.

Infectious diseases expert Peter Collignon said while the Delta variant was behaving differently to earlier strains, children were likely to be contracting the virus from their parents as it spread through households rapidly. Many parents under 40 are not yet immunised.

The rise in cases in children comes as teacher unions and the Catholic sector urged the state government to improve access to vaccinations for teachers, saying immunisation was the only way to limit the spread of COVID-19 and protect teachers if schools reopened

Do they have symptoms?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

NSW has recorded the worst day in the pandemic again, this time recording 390 cases of community transmission.

i think we just have to accept its gonna continue this way for the next couple of months until they remove restrictions and just let it go.

the whack a mole strategy of locking down individual LGAs clearly doesnt work but gladys is too much of a campaigner to change tactics.

oh well

Liar liar pants of fire. I hope someone from our press pack seeks clarification from spurrier and co as this is not what she made out in her press conference yesterday. She made it sound as if the AOC was aware of the requirement to double quarantine before it flew athletes to Sydney. This article's seems to show:
1) national cabinet agreed no double quarantine
2) 16 SA athletes were already sent to Sydney when SA health informed them that they would go against the agreed national cabinet advice and require double quarantine.

If that's the case it's an SA health fu** up. Yet another one they have refused to acknowledge and own just like patient zeros missing day 16/17 test for the Modbury cluster which we are all still being punished for.
Hey look you're repeating the same misinformation that was already pushed out by the AOC.

See the AOC went and got agreement from National Cabinet about quarantine in states. But the thing is, the people in National Cabinet aren't the ones that make the decisions on quaratine.

You might as well be saying "But Gladys told us that we wouldn't have to quarantine in SA". What Gladys says doesn't mean * all for SA Health's decision is. What the politicians in National Cabinet say, doesn't mean * all for what decisions SA Health takes, precisely so that the Government doesn't freely push through decisions for political expediancy.

There should be an inquiry as to how that Bible thumping onion chewing moron ever got elected
I agree with you so brave that abbott was a poor pm. But I take offence that you had a go at him being a Christian
This is australia we live in not some communist state. We are supposed to frown upon vilification of groups like indeginous lgbtq and religious and non religious beliefs people.
Let's be better than that on here, everyone is entitled to thier own beliefs. Their work performance can be questioned yes
But religion, like sexual preference and color of a person's skin should not come into it.

I agree with you so brave that abbott was a poor pm. But I take offence that you had a go at him being a Christian
This is australia we live in not some communist state. We are supposed to frown upon vilification of groups like indeginous lgbtq and religious and non religious beliefs people.
Let's be better than that on here, everyone is entitled to thier own beliefs. Their work performance can be questioned yes
But religion, like sexual preference and color of a person's skin should not come into it.

abbott can believe in the flying spaghetti monster if he wants so long as he can keep it separate from his decision making and out of parliament. he couldn't.

Religion is a choice unlike those other things.

People's religious views should be treated exactly the same as their choice to support the Adelaide Crows.

And thats without even going into how many people make religious choices, and then attempt to impose their beliefs on others.

NSW has recorded the worst day in the pandemic again, this time recording 390 cases of community transmission.
And how many of these would have happened if they had done a short lockdown (a real one) when the first case appeared?

Now the rest of the country is locked down and NSW is the Alfred E. Neumann "What, me worry" character :mad:

Of course all Gladys' cares about is her upcoming election, and the rest of us don't get a say in that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back