Corona virus, Port and the AFL. Part 3.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did you skip the first 2 threads on COVID? I'm directly talking here to the relation of COVID is the end of times and the intriguing blaming of individual leaders, where elsewhere in the world it's been the virus causing all the problems. Now there's neither when it comes to the USA when they are failing the first task of a leader which is to properly protect your people. It's the sort of full level nonsensical response we saw in the UK at the start but on steroids.

images (34).jpeg

What happened to the vaccines being developed in Australia? why are we all in with Pfizer & AstraZeneca?

Wasn't there positive work coming out of Adelaide & Queensland at one point?

What happened to the vaccines being developed in Australia? why are we all in with Pfizer & AstraZeneca?

Not sure about a vaccine being developed in Adelaide but the Queensland one was a bust.

As Enviable Tradition posted, the decision to cancel was AIDS related. Trial participants were returning false positives to AIDS tests.

They stopped the development because other vaccines were looking more potentially successful.
Not all vaccines were going to make it, that’s why over a hundred were in development all over the world.
The Qld one was giving false positives for HIV so it would have been too hard to market so they pulled the plug and here we are, stuffed really.
Hard to believe that the USA and UK will be almost fully vaccinated before little old Oz.
Scomo and co perhaps,backed the wrong horse and were too casual in pushing for supplies early.

I wonder how the TB vaccine trials were going that we heard of early last year, and the nasal spray that someone was developing over here.

Nasal sounds like a good option

lol, you must look like a Pretzel after writing this.
So...still no answer?
Interesting 🙄

Anyway, I know it’s not Fox/Sky news, but have a read of this....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not sure about a vaccine being developed in Adelaide but the Queensland one was a bust.

As Enviable Tradition posted, the decision to cancel was AIDS related. Trial participants were returning false positives to AIDS tests.
The Adelaide one didn’t even get extra funding unfortunately. Gov put all their money and eggs in the Queensland one by the looks of it.

Are they 100% sure it was false positives?

Could it have not simply been giving participants AIDS?

Worth continuing with I reckon...

Are they 100% sure it was false positives?

Could it have not simply been giving participants AIDS?

Worth continuing with I reckon...
They used " ‘clamp’ technology that fused two fragments of a protein found in HIV." I had links to a couple of stories at this post linked below a week or so back, saying that UQ are still quietly working on their vaccine, just they don't have the resources to advance quickly on it.

The government was stupid to pull the funding when they did last December because they were worried about the look of false positives, not the substance of if they could produce the desired result and worried about dealing with the bullshiit false positives and ant-vaccers etc. Now they are stuck with a vaccine that produces true clots and true deaths.

From the Courier Mail story
The University of Queensland’s abandoned COVID vaccine could have been the world’s best weapon in the fight against the deadly virus, with a new study revealing it was effective after just one jab and could be stored at fridge temperature.

The second blood clotting victim in Australia is believed to be a 44 year old medical worker in WA.

SEVEN just reported that the Wayville Showground vaccination hub will administer the Pfitzer jab. The question I have is where are they going to get enough Pfitzer vaccine? South Australia has currently only used 57% of it's allocation of AstraZeneca vaccine and according to the Opposition there are 30,000 doses sitting in a fridge somewhere waiting to be used. Health Minister Mark Wade says the under use is caused by over supply. Right Mark, it could not be that the SA Government failed to get itself organised so that we had mass vaccination centres ready to go a few months back? Surely the SA Government could have seen how the US was doing it? Wade's response is really an admission that the SA Government was not prepared for mass vaccination.

Meanwhile the guy in ICU in Adelaide remains in a critical condition. Does not look good for him. Adelaide recorded 8 new cases in Hotel Quarantine today. Must have had a plane arrive from India where they recorded a lazy 160,694 cases yesterday.

Last edited:
They used " ‘clamp’ technology that fused two fragments of a protein found in HIV." I had links to a couple of stories at this post linked below a week or so back, saying that UQ are still quietly working on their vaccine, just they don't have the resources to advance quickly on it.

The government was stupid to pull the funding when they did last December because they were worried about the look of false positives, not the substance of if they could produce the desired result and worried about dealing with the bullshiit false positives and ant-vaccers etc. Now they are stuck with a vaccine that produces true clots and true deaths.

From the Courier Mail story
The University of Queensland’s abandoned COVID vaccine could have been the world’s best weapon in the fight against the deadly virus, with a new study revealing it was effective after just one jab and could be stored at fridge temperature.

This is good information, but I feel a bit bad that you gave such a serious response to what I had intended as a ridiculous dark joke post.

The second blood clotting victim in Australia is believed to be a 44 year old medical worker in WA.

SEVEN just reported that the Wayville Showground vaccination hub will administer the Pfitzer jab. The question I have is where are they going to get enough Pfitzer vaccine? South Australia has currently only used 57% of it's allocation of AstraZeneca vaccine and according to the Opposition there are 30,000 doses sitting in a fridge somewhere waiting to be used. Health Minister Mark Wade says the under use is caused by over supply. Right Mark, it could not be that the SA Government failed to get itself organised so that we had mass vaccination centres ready to go a few months back? Surely the SA Government could have seen how the US was doing it? Wade's response is really an admission that the SA Government was not prepared for mass vaccination.

Meanwhile the guy in ICU in Adelaide remains in a critical condition. Does not look good for him. Adelaide recorded 8 new cases in Hotel Quarantine today. Must have had a plane arrive from India where they recorded a lazy 160,694 cases yesterday.

We are bringing in 2-3 flights per day.
I'm not sure how many they put in each bus but did notice 3 buses waiting on the Singapore Airlines flight this morning.

Qatar landing as we speak likewise.

This is good information, but I feel a bit bad that you gave such a serious response to what I had intended as a ridiculous dark joke post.
No dramas.

Wouldn't that be a hoot, volunteering for a covid trial but getting AIDS instead!

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Has it ever been made known just what medical assistance/ medication was given to Trump when he caught CV19?
His recovery time was stupendous for an old bugger - enough to suggest it could have been a template for effective trtmt.
The cynic in me wonders whether he had it at all.

Has it ever been made known just what medical assistance/ medication was given to Trump when he caught CV19?
His recovery time was stupendous for an old bugger - enough to suggest it could have been a template for effective trtmt.
The cynic in me wonders whether he had it at all.

He would of got it. The entire Whitehouse had it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back