Corona virus, Port and the AFL. Part 3.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Given that CSL are supposedly producing 1mill doses a week, and the poor vaccination response, I think we should be playing a greater role in shipping stuff to PNG. We must have something like 4-8mill doses hanging around as a rough guess. Maybe 100,000 - 200,000 doses should be sent at least, as a start. The last I heard we had sent 8000 doses. We are not pulling our weight.

There's zero point vaccinating the general population at this point. We should vaccinate security/quarantine staff and health workers. Ship off all the other Vax to countries that need it, especially nearby neighbours

Does the Wayville shooting gallery open this week?

Thought I might trundle down and play Russian Roulette.

According to the ABC Wayville opened last Friday for frontline workers who are eligible for the Pfitzer jab. It is expected to open for AstraZeneca on May 10th.

According to Steven Marshall,

'This new clinic will allow us to give our frontline heroes access to the Pfizer vaccine sooner, and we are also very pleased to announce that we will open this facility up to eligible South Australians in Phase 2a from as soon as May 10.'

As at 2 May 2021

So far, 2,254,000 doses of COVID-19 vaccine have been delivered across Australia.

Change from previous day: 19,000

Taking Australia's population as 25.8mill current % vaccinated = (2.25/25.8) x 100:
8.7% (previous day 8.7%) No significant change at 1st decimal point.

The Indian Premier League has been hit with a serious COVID-19 setback, with Kolkata Knight Riders bowler Varun Chakravarthy reportedly testing positive for the virus.

The report came from The Australian, which also reported that the seventh-placed side’s clash with Royal Challengers Bangalore (midnight tonight AEST) has also been postponed.

Two Australians - Pat Cummins and Ben Cuttings - play for Kolkata, and there are fears they may have been exposed to COVID-19.

Renowned human rights advocate and humanitarian Andrew "campaigner" Bolt goes into bat for stranded Aussies

The Indian Premier League has been hit with a serious COVID-19 setback, with Kolkata Knight Riders bowler Varun Chakravarthy reportedly testing positive for the virus.

The report came from The Australian, which also reported that the seventh-placed side’s clash with Royal Challengers Bangalore (midnight tonight AEST) has also been postponed.

Two Australians - Pat Cummins and Ben Cuttings - play for Kolkata, and there are fears they may have been exposed to COVID-19.

Yeah, I think the Australian cricketers are going to struggle to get home. The IPL should never have been played in India. Last year with a fraction of the infection the tournament was held in the UAE in September. The Indians got overconfident with crowds at the England games.

I have to agree with Morrison on this one. Smith, Cummins, Warner and co all chased the big dollars in the IPL despite the DFAT travel warnings. They have to suffer the consequences like another Australian abroad. As it stands only way they are going to get out is wait until May 15th then charter a private flight and enter quarantine when they arrive back in Australia. They will want to get out quick because Australia are scheduled to play the West Indies in mid June and even if they get out on May 15th it will be May 30th before their two weeks quarantine is up.

I can see Cricket Australia organising a charter flight for May 15th so these guys can play for Australia in June.

Renowned human rights advocate and humanitarian Andrew "campaigner" Bolt goes into bat for stranded Aussies

Lol what a dickhead he is

As at 3 May 2021

So far, 2,261,000 doses of COVID-19 vaccine have been delivered across Australia.

Change from previous day: 7,000

Taking Australia's population as 25.8mill current % vaccinated = (2.26/25.8) x 100:
8.8% (previous day 8.7%)

Former Australian cricket opener and IPL commentator Michael Slater has accused Prime Minister Scott Morrison of having blood on his hands for banning citizens from returning home from India.

His overnight Twitter tirade came after news the Indian Premier League’s biosecurity bubble has been breached by multiple COVID-19 cases, including two teammates of Australia’s vice-captain Pat Cummins.

Kolkata Knight Riders were slated to face Royal Challengers Bangalore in Ahmedabad on Monday night, but that game has been postponed.

Kolkata’s Varun Chakravarthy and Sandeep Warrier have tested positive for COVID-19, but their teammates have returned negative tests so far.

Cummins and compatriot Ben Cutting are playing for the franchise, while Australian coach David Hussey is part of their support staff.

If the competition shuts down then Cummins and others among a group of almost 40 Australian players, coaches and officials will be stuck in no man’s land.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

While I can see the argument about allowing those in India to come home to Australia, and yes it sucks on a number of levels, I can also see the rationale for blocking their return right at this time. Until there's more data on what's going on over there, we need to keep our quarantine intact.

We've got family and friends in UK and Canada and it's a sobering experience talking to them about what they're going through. There's no doubt that we've had it easy here in SA and I feel like we (general public) have become a bit complacent to the impact of this virus.

Bolt: “The truth is that many went back to do the kind of things we’d expect from people with good hearts – to help a sick or bereaved parent, or introduce a baby to their grandparents, or go to a funeral or get married.”

The first thing you can definitely understand, the second one less so, but okay. How about don't have a wedding in the middle of a pandemic in the worst hit country in the world though? Is that too much to ask? Am I wrong?

Period analyised is from April to July 2020. The economic and social impact of shut downs would barely be emerging after 4 months. I would be more comfortable with their conclusion if it included data from the last 6 months.
This is not even the latest that says the same.
There are sociological ones saying so as well.
The stressors causing suicide were reduced, particularly financial stress and that of having to keep up.
Basically if you want to lower suicide the capitalist grind and low wages need to be alleviated.

Former Australian cricket opener and IPL commentator Michael Slater has accused Prime Minister Scott Morrison of having blood on his hands for banning citizens from returning home from India.

His overnight Twitter tirade came after news the Indian Premier League’s biosecurity bubble has been breached by multiple COVID-19 cases, including two teammates of Australia’s vice-captain Pat Cummins.

Kolkata Knight Riders were slated to face Royal Challengers Bangalore in Ahmedabad on Monday night, but that game has been postponed.

Kolkata’s Varun Chakravarthy and Sandeep Warrier have tested positive for COVID-19, but their teammates have returned negative tests so far.

Cummins and compatriot Ben Cutting are playing for the franchise, while Australian coach David Hussey is part of their support staff.

If the competition shuts down then Cummins and others among a group of almost 40 Australian players, coaches and officials will be stuck in no man’s land.

Rich cricketers chose to go to risky continent to get richer.

* them and * Michael Slater.

Far more deserving people who are genuinely stuck and have been for months deserve our help and certainly our sympathy more.

Rich cricketers chose to go to risky continent to get richer.

fu** them and fu** Michael Slater.

Far more deserving people who are genuinely stuck and have been for months deserve our help and certainly our sympathy more.
Michael Im stuck in the Maldives Slater

Bolt: “The truth is that many went back to do the kind of things we’d expect from people with good hearts – to help a sick or bereaved parent, or introduce a baby to their grandparents, or go to a funeral or get married.”

The first thing you can definitely understand, the second one less so, but okay. How about don't have a wedding in the middle of a pandemic in the worst hit country in the world though? Is that too much to ask? Am I wrong?
I never have imagined Bolt having any kind of a heart

I've changed tack a bit to present data relative to completion of both doses:

As at 4 May 2021:

So far, 2,317,000 doses of COVID-19 vaccine have been delivered across Australia.

Change from previous day: 56,000

Australia's population is about 25.8mill, requiring about 51.6mill doses for completion of the dual dose program.

Current % to completion:
(2.32/51.6) x 100 = 4.5%

At this point dominated by 1st dose data.

At 2 May 2021 there were:
4.7mill doses
supplied from all sources
(AZ(CSL)/Australia, AZ/OS, Pfizer).

We have consumed about 2.3mill of these doses (see above). So about 2.4mill doses remain in the country, plus any doses manufactured since 2 May 2021.

In the 2 weeks previous to 2 May 2021 about 1.5mill doses have become available.

In the 1 week previous to 2 May 2021 about 900,000 doses have become available.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back