Status
Not open for further replies.

GoTheMightyCrows

Bigfooty Visionary
Oct 8, 2019
Highland, Albuquerque
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Protesting against compulsory vaccination which isn't even a thing.

I respect the right of anti-vaxers not to be vaccinated. Why can't they respect my right for myself and my family and loved ones not to be exposed to unvaccinated people.
It's so bizarre, they're protesting to no have to do something that you don't have to do!

Duckimus Prime

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 26, 2008
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Protesting against compulsory vaccination which isn't even a thing.

I respect the right of anti-vaxers not to be vaccinated. Why can't they respect my right for myself and my family and loved ones not to be exposed to unvaccinated people.
I wouldn't be surprised if a large chunk of them were at the anti-abortion protest as well...

Australia’s vaccine rollout starts today. It's a PR event but it does mark the start.

Two aged care residents, aged care staff and frontline health workers will receive the jab later this morning, followed by the nation’s Chief Medical Officer, Chief Nursing Officer and Prime Minister Scott Morrison.

Come Monday morning, Sydney’s quarantine and border workers will be among the first Australians to roll up their sleeves to receive the shot at the Royal Prince Alfred Hospital’s new COVID Vaccination Hub.

Queensland’s Chief Health Officer has indicated the state is highly unlikely to close its borders or impose any more lockdowns in the event of a COVID-19 outbreak now that vaccination is about to commence.

Mar 1, 2014
People's Republic of Onkaparinga
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Cronulla Sutherland Sharks
Queensland’s Chief Health Officer has indicated the state is highly unlikely to close its borders or impose any more lockdowns in the event of a COVID-19 outbreak now that vaccination is about to commence.

So 20 people in NSW have been vaccinated and that changes the lock down and border closure dynamic? It will take months before any sort of vaccine shield is established. At 80,000 jabs per week it will take until the end of March to give the 685,000 front line workers in Phase 1a full protection. History shows that a lot can happen in a month particularly when you are dealing with new strains of the virus.

No more border closures or lockdowns is good news but I hope it is not another, 'why didn't we think of that' scenario like we have seen play out too often in Hotel Quarantine. I think the Qld CHO, who doesn't control the lock downs anyway, is a tad premature in her 'unlikely' call.

That said it is great to see the roll out begin but I will bet Morrison got the Pfitzer jab with it's 95% efficacy rate and not the Astra Zeneca jab with it's 65% rate. If ScoMo really wanted to lift the confidence of AstraZeneca sceptics like me he would have done better to wait a few weeks and take the less effective jab.

Aug 30, 2004
Kaurna Land
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Vikings, Canadiens, Sharks
This is so wrong.

1613880067476.png

It's "history's" not "historys"

Mar 1, 2014
People's Republic of Onkaparinga
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Cronulla Sutherland Sharks
"With vaccinations on the way, rolling out in many countries around the world, it's now a time for optimism and hope for the future,"

Why the * would anyone boo these comments? Vaccines are being rolled out and do give us all hope. One can only think that anti vaxxers bought most of the tickets to the Australian Open Men's Final.

Jun 21, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Maggies, Spurs, Raiders?
"With vaccinations on the way, rolling out in many countries around the world, it's now a time for optimism and hope for the future,"

Why the fu** would anyone boo these comments? Vaccines are being rolled out and do give us all hope. One can only think that anti vaxxers bought most of the tickets to the Australian Open Men's Final.

Djokovic fans

Djokovic fans

The crowd were apparently booing an anti-vax comment made by someone in the crowd not the actual vaccine announcement.

According to my sports guy on RRR news this morning.

Jun 7, 2015
AFL Club
Port Adelaide

Well worth a listen

Byrons Firen

Brownlow Medallist
Dec 4, 2013
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
the maggies
Guess whose daughter :hearts: is on the SAHealth facebook page speaking at the Premier's press conference today outside the RAH.

Even St Nicola was impressed and came to her afterwards to express her thanks in how she handled it

Not on facebook and wouldn't know how to put it up

Last edited:
Guess whose daughter :hearts: is on the SAHealth facebook page speaking at the Premier's press conference today outside the RAH.

Even St Nicola was impressed and came to her afterwards to express her thanks and her skill in how she handled it

Not on facebook and wouldn't know how to put it up
The health worker or the police officer? Annabel was the health worker who had also worked in Victoria.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back