Corona virus, Port and the AFL. Part 3.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Health worker
Screenshot_2021-02-22-10-11-24-143.jpeg

"A medi-hotel nurse, security guard and police sergeant were the first frontline workers to receive the vaccination, with authorities expecting to administer more than 1,700 doses this week."

Last edited:

I'm scheduled to get mine quite soon actually, working in the vicinity of the aged apparently even though I'm a corporate buffoon who has precisely no contact with the elderly.

Do you work for the Crows ?

Close. I work for the business who is building the ginourmous aged care facility currently shadowing the crows training facilities.

Close. I work for the business who is building the ginourmous aged care facility currently shadowing the crows training facilities.

Wait, so why are the Crows looking for a site in the city?

If you are going to get the jab, and it is highly likely the workers will get the AstraZeneca vaccine you are better to wait 12 weeks before taking the second jab. This contradicts the WHO advice of a month ago.

Looks like Boris and the UK crew got this one right. The experts have changed their tune as a month ago AstraZeneca and the WHO were recommending the second dose be given 21-28 days after the first. The latest research as published in The Lancet is saying AstraZeneca is more effective if the second dose is given 12 weeks after the first.

From 54.9 to 82.4 is a fair hike in efficacy.

Last edited:
By rights the interval between doses should exactly duplicate the clinical trial unless the interval between doses was a control variable that was assessed during that trial.
Show me the data!
The biggest problem with increased dosing interval is that people will forget - compliance issues.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

By rights the interval between doses should exactly duplicate the clinical trial unless the interval between doses was a control variable that was assessed during that trial.
Show me the data!
The biggest problem with increased dosing interval is that people will forget - compliance issues.

Apparently the latest research is the result of a supplementary trial but it has to be said that AstraZeneca has had a lot of trouble with getting it's trials right. The Lancet has also had a troubled past with trial data during the COVID pandemic. In May last year they had to retract data they published in relation to supposed hydroxychloroquine trials. Let us hope this is not more of the same.

The first doses of the AstraZeneca vaccine were not rolled out in the UK until the second week of January so there is a way to go before any field data can be assessed. I assume that once enough people have had the second jab in the UK the immunologists will be able to measure AstraZeneca's efficacy in the population.

I am not sold on AstraZeneca and I also await data from the UK.

He got more serious things to be outraged about this morning.

Global pandemic? Pfffffft

Women will never beat men at Aussie rules is what matters in the world right now.

"It's just the flu .... it's nothing to be afraid of ... I've never felt better" - Donald Trump POTUS

Belgium, Slovenia and Czech Republic are all over 1800dpm, but Gibraltar and San Marino are over 2000!

gibraltar and san marino have populations so tiny its not really significant
a number of US states are well over the 2k dpm with populations in the millions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back