Corona virus, Port and the AFL. Part 3.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you recall where Le Rox used to be? In Light Square.
This was right at the corner of the building.

So the commies are trying to take over Adelaide now.

The campaigners.

So the Italians have with held 250k doses of AstraZeneca vaccine? I cannot say I blame them as they have a far greater need for it than Australia does atm. In any case 2M doses of AstraZeneca should roll out of CSL by the end of the month with another 1m per week from then on.

Hopefully Australia will be able to get some vaccine into Papua and the Pacific before those Chinese pricks do.

So the Italians have with held 250k doses of AstraZeneca vaccine? I cannot say I blame them as they have a far greater need for it than Australia does atm. In any case 2M doses of AstraZeneca should roll out of CSL by the end of the month with another 1m per week from then on.

Hopefully Australia will be able to get some vaccine into Papua and the Pacific before those Chinese pricks do.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

According to The Fertiliser, rona traces found in wastewater in the CBD

I would have thought the cause was pretty obvious

Nah the medi-hotels are a bucket/bed-pan arrangement then dumped straight into the sea

Talk about the wrong end of the stick...

I saw the Indonesian Tourism Minister on the ABC this morning teiiling us that his Government is keen to establish a travel bubble between Bali and Australia. His proviso is that Australians traveling to Bali will need to be vaccinated or have a negative COVID test before departure. He said his Government was hoping to start the bubble late March or early April. He is probably right with March or April but it is likely to be March or April 2022.

The problem with travel bubbles is they need to be exclusive. As an example Indonesia has recently announced a travel bubble with the UAE which recorded 2,959 cases yesterday. If the Indonesians decide to let travellers from the US and Europe in as well as Australians there is the chance of Australians contracting the virus.

Yesterday Indonesia had 5,767 new local cases while Australia had zero local cases. It is more likely that the Australian Government will mandate two weeks isolation upon return and there would not be enough hotel space for that to happen in 2021. As I watched I thought, 'some of these overseas Governments have no idea about how the Australian COVID strategy works'.

Australia is due to finish vaccination by October so it is doubtful that international border restrictions with Indonesia will be lifted before then.

Last edited:
An exclusive survey on the COVID-19 vaccine in Australia has found "stark" differences in attitudes depending on a person's political persuasion — what one expert describes as part of a "concerning trend" seen in the US and parts of Europe.

As Australia's vaccine rollout slowly gathers pace with the first jabs of the AstraZeneca vaccine taking place in South Australia on Friday, the survey found 72 per cent of Australians are "very likely" to get a COVID-19 vaccine — the highest level since the ABC began asking the Australian population, back in April 2020.

Yet according to the survey conducted by Vox Pop Labs — the same team that worked on the Australia Talks and Vote Compass surveys — the number of people "very unlikely" to get the vaccine has also grown since last year, up to 10 per cent.

Anyone who uses politics as a basis for deciding whether or not to get vaccinated is an idiot. Everyone is entitled to make up their own mind but the decision should be made on the merits of the vaccine.

72% is a good figure but they only surveyed 1,376 people from a population of over 26,000,000 and there is no reference as to what age groups they surveyed. I suspect that a good percentage of the 'very likely' voters would be in the 50+ age bracket.

While on the subject of vaccines, the good thing about yesterday's PR exercise was that Hunt, Gillard and Murphy took the AstraZeneca shot and not the Pfitzer jab like Morrison and Albanese. As the majority of Australians are going to get the AstraZeneca shot it is probably a good idea to see some high profilers getting the same as us plebs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back