Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 1, 2014
People's Republic of Onkaparinga
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Cronulla Sutherland Sharks
OK, if you are not going to give the U55's AstraZeneca vaccine what are you going to offer them?

Australia cannot get supplies of Pfitzer out the EU, Moderna and J&J have been cornered by the US and Novavax has not yet been approved.

There is always Sputnik V or the Sinovac but neither of these have been tested in the West.

Astra Z sh*t canned.

Pfizer gonna take 2 years to get out to everyone under 50.

Convenient.

In one fell swoop he’s deflected from the molasses-slow sh¡tshow of a rollout in the name of ‘safety’.

Looking forward to being vaccinated in the year 3000.

StrappingTape

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 29, 2012
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
At least I don’t get all of my ‘facts’ from the GOP media outlet (aka Fox News) or Parler, Gab or BitChute hey 🙄

Don’t you just love how Fox ( Hannity etc) and individuals such as Ted Shifty Cruz and co. absolutely downplayed the risk of covid19 in their communities for months, resulting in hundreds of thousands of deaths (even calling it fake or just a flu)
yet all of a sudden, now the Biden administration has been rightfully installed, the whole GOP become immediately concerned about the spread of the disease and well being of their constituents and those ‘poor’ children at the border.

Mmmmm
If one was just a tiny bit sceptical one might even think it is politically motivated 🙄

Lol. Nice straw man. Again you are someone who blamed one man for the entire virus in that country and now the new guy is doing a diabolically terrible thing during a pandemic (going by the standards you applied to trump) and zip. Nada. Just maybe your the one who is stuck on politics and only ingesting news from sources you align with instead of finding it all out for yourself. I bet you were laughing and bagging Trump when he said there's be a vaccine before the end of last year, got that one right too didn't you? Lol.

StrappingTape

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 29, 2012
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Convenient.

In one fell swoop he’s deflected from the molasses-slow sh¡tshow of a rollout in the name of ‘safety’.

Looking forward to being vaccinated in the year 3000.

Its ****ed everywhere. The problem with being at the ass end of the world is that we are last in the supply chain. The benefit is we are isolated that life can go on without a rush. One must ask if it's more dangerous to have the vaccine than catch the virus is there any point for the under fifties at all?

They'll be ineffective against the new variants by the time we get them

It’ll eventually end up being an annual ‘four most likely variants/strains’ thing similar to the flu-vax, but yeah, getting to that point is gonna be awhile.

Its f’ed everywhere. The problem with being at the ass end of the world is that we are last in the supply chain. The benefit is we are isolated that life can go on without a rush. One must ask if it's more dangerous to have the vaccine than catch the virus is there any point for the under fifties at all?

Herd immunity’s obviously the goal, which is why mass vaccination is so important — it’s worth noting that an estimated ~95% of polio infections were asymptomatic to very mild (ie no paralysis, limb deformity or death), but we’re all pretty stoked to not have to roll the dice on what are pretty good odds.

StrappingTape

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 29, 2012
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Herd immunity’s obviously the goal, which is why mass vaccination is so important — it’s worth noting that an estimated ~95% of polio infections were asymptomatic to very mild (ie no paralysis, limb deformity or death), but we’re all pretty stoked to not have to roll the dice on what are pretty good odds.

I get that and I don't think it will take that long for it to get here. Pfizer will ramp it up or license it out to make locally. Money talks

PAFC66

Down a dark alley
Feb 5, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Could you imagine, Anthony Albanese campaigns on defeating the pandemic because he knows what to do and has done it before. He then wins, becomes PM and throws open the borders, Australia gets overwhelmed and so his government decides to just start putting them all out into the community untested but at the same time keeps telling his fellow Australians to do the right thing, wear a mask and stay isolated, get tested etc. It's indefensible but apparently everyones doing a Fauci and pretending that it's not happening.

Did you know Australia isn't the 51st state?

Jun 21, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Maggies, Spurs, Raiders?
I bet you were laughing and bagging Trump when he said there's be a vaccine before the end of last year, got that one right too didn't you? Lol.

Trump said a lot of things, he said it would disappear *NTTAWWT* like magic before Easter (2020), he said he won the 2020 election, he said he did more for African-Americans than any other president, he said he was going to build that wall. I guess if you throw enough bullshit some will eventually stick.

Biden committed to 100 million vaccinations in 100 days and achieved that within 60 so I guess he's a liar too

StrappingTape

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 29, 2012
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Trump said a lot of things, he said it would disappear *NTTAWWT* like magic before Easter (2020), he said he won the 2020 election, he said he did more for African-Americans than any other president, he said he was going to build that wall. I guess if you throw enough bullshit some will eventually stick.

Biden committed to 100 million vaccinations in 100 days and achieved that within 60 so I guess he's a liar too

Yeah, it's almost as if he was left with Operation Warp Speed and the vaccine he claimed was never going to be finished last year? What, you think that they produced those 100million vaccines on the day he took the presidency and organised all the distribution? lol going by Bidens 50 years of mass whoppers including plagiarism I'd not be hanging my hat on him and being Mr Truthy. Anyway, that's not helpful for all the communities he's putting at risk by opening the border is it? Imagine OGC and others clearly think Brazil and it's strain is a mass level extinction event, OGC even thinks that the Brazillion PM is causing genocide by his actions, what's he say about the US President then who'se actively allowing people who could easily bring in the strain that is going to cause a mass extinction event in Brazil but yet.. OGC and no one else cares because the President changed. Makes you wonder have anyone in this thread worried about the virus since the start actually really worried about it or just that it was a great bludgeon for them politically? We saw this mass * level from Bojo when they kept letting people in without quarantine at the start whilst locking their own population down but the US is currently on another level of stupid against their own populations safety from the guy who campaigned on being Mr Virus fix it. I think his chief of staff when he was VP had it right.

Jun 21, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Maggies, Spurs, Raiders?
Yeah, it's almost as if he was left with Operation Warp Speed and the vaccine he claimed was never going to be finished last year? What, you think that they produced those 100million vaccines on the day he took the presidency and organised all the distribution? lol going by Bidens 50 years of mass whoppers including plagiarism I'd not be hanging my hat on him and being Mr Truthy. Anyway, that's not helpful for all the communities he's putting at risk by opening the border is it? Imagine OGC and others clearly think Brazil and it's strain is a mass level extinction event, OGC even thinks that the Brazillion PM is causing genocide by his actions, what's he say about the US President then who'se actively allowing people who could easily bring in the strain that is going to cause a mass extinction event in Brazil but yet.. OGC and no one else cares because the President changed. Makes you wonder have anyone in this thread worried about the virus since the start actually really worried about it or just that it was a great bludgeon for them politically? We saw this mass ****** level from Bojo when they kept letting people in without quarantine at the start whilst locking their own population down but the US is currently on another level of stupid against their own populations safety from the guy who campaigned on being Mr Virus fix it. I think his chief of staff when he was VP had it right.

images (32).jpeg

Mar 1, 2014
People's Republic of Onkaparinga
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Cronulla Sutherland Sharks
Thanks to the dense sh*t boomers running this country

We should refrain from discriminatory remarks. The person's age has no more to do with this than the colour of his or her skin. As it happens I think the decision is perplexing but I am not sure it is entirely Morrison's decision. It was the ATAGI that made the recommendation which was announced by the Commonwealth CMO Brendan Murphy. The people who are running the country did what they have consistently done during this pandemic and acted in accordance with the medical advice. If nothing else that has been a good excuse when making unpopular decisions.

The big question is where the Australian Government expects to get 15 million doses of Pfitzer vaccine by the end of 2021? Pfitzer is not in abundant supply and there is increasing pressure on the EU to supply vaccine to Africa.

Two days ago Morrison was criticising the EU for holding up shipments of vaccine to Australia but last night he was telling us 'There are, of course, Pfizer vaccines that are in Australia, and we are getting a regular supply of those.' Which is it Scott?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back