Corona virus, Port and the AFL. Part 3.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Russia & India: Yeah look, sorry, we’ve not been honest about our COVID deaths. There’s been waaaaaay more than we’ve reported.

Rest of the world: youdontsay_meme.jpg

China: [crickets chirping]

I get up in the morning and look at the vaccination and infection figures for places like the UK and Israel and I think it is possible to beat this virus. Then I look at India and Brazil and think there is no way this will be over anytime soon. It is an emotional roller coaster. I am not sure how the Indians are going to get on top of this. They have over 1 billion people to vaccinate and many of their population live in densely populated cities and they do not have a totalitarian regime as is the case in China. Twelve months ago the Chinese welded doors shut and built emergency COVID hospitals in Wushan but I do not see that happening in India.

India is the world's lagest supplier of vaccines but they are going to need all they can produce to vaccinate over 1 billion people.

lol why on earth should we reopen the borders?

Sure, open them when our populace is vaccinated, and the person entering is also vaccinated and tests negative on entry.

The virus will probably never be eliminated, so we need to expect a constant level of cases now and into the future like the flu - the key is that it's not just rampant. Given it's highly contagious it's always going to be hard to control.

Russia & India: Yeah look, sorry, we’ve not been honest about our COVID deaths. There’s been waaaaaay more than we’ve reported.

Rest of the world: youdontsay_meme.jpg

China: [crickets chirping]
Yes I would be wary of having the Sputnik or the Chinese one

fu** me we're f’ed if this campaigner wins the next federal elections then this country is ******* doomed
The next election can’t come soon enough for me. Just hope some of the Looneys don’t get in.

I get up in the morning and look at the vaccination and infection figures for places like the UK and Israel and I think it is possible to beat this virus. Then I look at India and Brazil and think there is no way this will be over anytime soon. It is an emotional roller coaster. I am not sure how the Indians are going to get on top of this. They have over 1 billion people to vaccinate and many of their population live in densely populated cities and they do not have a totalitarian regime as is the case in China. Twelve months ago the Chinese welded doors shut and built emergency COVID hospitals in Wushan but I do not see that happening in India.

India is the world's lagest supplier of vaccines but they are going to need all they can produce to vaccinate over 1 billion people.
Yes modern mankind believed it could conquer just about anything, but this pandemic is something else entirely.

lol why on earth should we reopen the borders?

Sure, open them when our populace is vaccinated, and the person entering is also vaccinated and tests negative on entry.

The virus will probably never be eliminated, so we need to expect a constant level of cases now and into the future like the flu - the key is that it's not just rampant. Given it's highly contagious it's always going to be hard to control.

That’d be such a conservative government thing to do.

“Well, we’re opening the borders.”

- “But we aren’t even close to mass vaccination”

“Ah well”

- “So what was the point of the pandemic mitigation measures taken over the past 18 or so months, then?”

“Next question”

Scott Morrison says, 'Australians could have their first COVID-19 vaccine dose by the end of the year'

It isn't that easy Scott you are supposed give them all their second dose within three months. Anyone getting their first dose before September should be fully vaccinated by the end of the year. Australia has had enough difficulty getting the first jab rollout going so coordinating that second jab will be interesting.

To complicate things even further Pitzer are now saying we may need a third jab in 2022.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That’d be such a conservative government thing to do.

“Well, we’re opening the borders.”

- “But we aren’t even close to mass vaccination”

“Ah well”

- “So what was the point of the pandemic mitigation measures taken over the past 18 or so months, then?”

“Next question”
‘It’s not the time to be talking about mitigation’

This does not help the AstraZeneca case...

I appreciate the need for confidentiality but it would be useful to know if the deceased's 'underlying health issues' were linked to her death and the vaccine. That could help people with similar issues to make informed decisions before getting the jab. Maybe the autopsy will reveal more and NSW Health can tell us a bit more.

She was unlucky as she got the jab on the day the Health Authority announced that Pfitzer was the preferred jab for U/50s.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back