Corona virus, Port and the AFL. Part 3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 8, 2004
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool
A Melbourne man is challenging the validity of a federal government decision which has made it a crime for Australian citizens to travel home from India.
Gary Newman, 73, travelled to India to visit friends in March last year and has been stuck there ever since.
Lawyer Michael Bradley and barrister Chris Ward SC lodged Mr Newman's challenge in the Federal Court in Sydney before Justice Stephen Burley this afternoon. They are arguing Health Minister Greg Hunt's emergency declaration under the Biosecurity Act is invalid on constitutional grounds.

Mar 1, 2014
People's Republic of Onkaparinga
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Cronulla Sutherland Sharks
It took the US, with all it's resources 4 months to reduce the daily infection rate from 300,000 to 42,000, so on that basis it is going to take India a long time to reduce the current infection rate to manageable levels. On February 9th India had 8,947 cases and it may take twelve months to get back to that level. What a ******* mess.

Oct 8, 2004
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool
Australia’s cricketers will escape the worsening Covid-19 situation in India by flying to Sri Lanka or the Maldives before taking a chartered flight home once the government’s controversial travel ban is lifted.

Cricket Australia and the players’ union said on Wednesday they were working on arrangements to repatriate the cohort of 38 players, coaches and staff who remain in India as quickly and as safely as possible.

Seems Astravenica isn’t great for over 50’s.

I met a client at the local shops. She American so we were lamenting lack of family access during Covid and vaccines. Her over 50 friend in RAH and unsure she will make it. She’s on the Pfizer or moderna train and that’s it

Visenfest

Chasing stability
Oct 3, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide

I met a client at the local shops. She American so we were lamenting lack of family access during Covid and vaccines. Her over 50 friend in RAH and unsure she will make it. She’s on the Pfizer or moderna train and that’s it
I must be missing the part where you provided evidence that your client's friend's plight was caused by the Astrazeneca vaccine...

And before you reply, correlation does not equal causation.

Tredz

Club Legend
Apr 30, 2011
Brisbane, QLD
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Utah Jazz

Astravenica? Cheap Chinese knockoff possibly.

Sorry...explain?
I don’t pay attention to the spelling don’t care. Not having any until I’m right at the end of the que lol.

explain?
Rick standing in check out line
Mary in front says “hi Rick, sorry didn’t see you there”.
Rick, “it’s okay Mary, I was day dreaming too. How are you how have you been?”
Mary, “good”
Rick, “sucks how we can’t travel to America hey. Missing family”
Mary “yeah, agreed, I’d fly there and get the vac over there now but coming back is an issue”.
Rick “yeah the risk of getting back is the issue. Aren’t you in the bracket to get the vac?
Mary “I’m not getting that one. The pharmacy in the States messaging not realising I’m in the Oz, come in and get your vax, you can choose from vac a b c”
Rick “ year right here it’s the Astra....”
Mary “I’m not getting that. My friend is in the RAH now and we’re not sure she will make it. I doubt we’ll see it on the news however.”
Rick “that’s sucks, I’m a coward and I’ll be right at the back of the que. I’ve read this one has issues but geez sounds horrible.”
Check out operator, “next”
Rick says “See ya Mary”

Nov 6, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I don’t pay attention to the spelling don’t care. Not having any until I’m right at the end of the que lol.

explain?
Rick standing in check out line
Mary in front says “hi Rick, sorry didn’t see you there”.
Rick, “it’s okay Mary, I was day dreaming too. How are you how have you been?”
Mary, “good”
Rick, “sucks how we can’t travel to America hey. Missing family”
Mary “yeah, agreed, I’d fly there and get the vac over there now but coming back is an issue”.
Rick “yeah the risk of getting back is the issue. Aren’t you in the bracket to get the vac?
Mary “I’m not getting that one. The pharmacy in the States messaging not realising I’m in the Oz, come in and get your vax, you can choose from vac a b c”
Rick “ year right here it’s the Astra....”
Mary “I’m not getting that. My friend is in the RAH now and we’re not sure she will make it. I doubt we’ll see it on the news however.”
Rick “that’s sucks, I’m a coward and I’ll be right at the back of the que. I’ve read this one has issues but geez sounds horrible.”
Check out operator, “next”
Rick says “See ya Mary”
So a ‘friend of an acquaintance.’
No detail there.
It seems to me they have been pretty open about the clots so far, if that is what it is.

No detail there.
It seems to me they have been pretty open about the clots so far, if that is what it is.
Here we go. Are you inferring I’m lying or that this person I’ve known personally for 10 years is lying.
Basically the take away is she will take Pfizer, Moderna whatever it is. I see no reason why she would lie or exaggerate to me. This person is also highly intelligent and works in a senior role with Government.

No detail there.

yes it was her opinion it wouldn’t hit the TV waves. It is only an opinion, however I too feel the mediahas been quite diluted with stories of negative reactions to mitigate risk of no take up due to fear. Much better to have fear based messaging to entice people to get the jab instead.

Visenfest

Chasing stability
Oct 3, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Here we go. Are you inferring I’m lying or that this person I’ve known personally for 10 years is lying.
Basically the take away is she will take Pfizer, Moderna whatever it is. I see no reason why she would lie or exaggerate to me. This person is also highly intelligent and works in a senior role with Government.
Nobody is inferring that you're lying. They're just stating that there is no evidence that the Astrazenica vaccine caused her current issues. There isn't enough evidence to support that conclusion.

It is only an opinion, however I too feel the mediahas been quite diluted with stories of negative reactions to mitigate risk of no take up due to fear. Much better to have fear based messaging to entice people to get the jab instead.
I beg to differ. The potential side effects and people who have suffered them have been all over the news and blown out of proportion. The result of this has been a painfully slow take up of the vaccine in Australia, and the inability of a large number of under 50s to get the vaccine yet due to having to wait for the Pfizer vaccine. All because of an extremely low chance of blood clotting side effects that has made everyone s**t their pants.

Lawnchair Larry

Cancelled
Apr 1, 2015
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
As at 5 May 2021:

So far, 2,396,000 doses of COVID-19 vaccine have been delivered across Australia.

Change from previous day: 79,000

Australia's population is about 25.8mill, requiring about 51.6mill doses for completion of the dual dose program.

Current % to completion:
(2.40/51.6) x 100 = 4.7%
(Previous Day: 4.5%)

This is good news if it gets over the line

‘Gamechanger’: US backs COVID vaccines patent waiver
The Biden administration has announced it supports the waiving of intellectual property protections for COVID-19 vaccines, a move that would make it easy for developing countries to manufacture their own vaccines

The US, home to some of the world’s largest and most profitable pharmaceutical companies, has previously been a fierce defender of intellectual property rights.

Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus, the director-general of the World Health Organisation, hailed the decision as a “monumental moment in the fight against COVID-19”, describing it as a “powerful example of leadership to address global health challenges”.

Nov 6, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide

The Biden administration has announced it supports the waiving of intellectual property protections for COVID-19 vaccines, a move that would make it easy for developing countries to manufacture their own vaccines

The US, home to some of the world’s largest and most profitable pharmaceutical companies, has previously been a fierce defender of intellectual property rights.

Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus, the director-general of the World Health Organisation, hailed the decision as a “monumental moment in the fight against COVID-19”, describing it as a “powerful example of leadership to address global health challenges”.

This is very good

Surely Pfizer, at its high cost per each dose has already made enough individual profit out of a devastating pandemic.

Oct 12, 2007
The Hills
AFL Club
Port Adelaide

This whole system needs an overhaul. The fact that these companies do research using at least in part public and charitable funds then own 100% of the patent at the end is outrageous.

Imagine if the public and the charities owned the portion of the parent that they contributed the funds to. It would be a game changer

On SM-G960F using
BigFooty.com mobile app

11 cases of clotting now, in just over 2 million jabs.

That is about 1 in 200,000 so far, with an obvious lag between having the shot and clots being detected.
Graphic I put at this post #1,841 4 weeks ago had
Europe 1 clot every 400k and UK 1 clot ever 250k

Don't know the mix of vaccine used in all 3 areas, but assume more AZ than Pfizer in UK and Oz than in Europe.

Nov 6, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
No I am not inferring you are lying.
I am saying there is little detail.and...as I said, the government and media are being pretty open about the blood clots.
It’s not a conspiracy like your ‘acquaintance’ is suggesting.

The concerning thing here is that the blood clots are still occurring but in people pver 50 who are supposedly the ones who are safer to have the AZ.

Last edited:
No I am not inferring you are lying.
I am saying there is little detail.and...as I said, the government and media are being pretty open about the blood clots.
It’s not a conspiracy like your ‘acquaintance’ is suggesting.

The concerning thing here is that the blood clots are still occurring but in people pver 50 who are supposedly the ones who are safer to have the AZ.

I think it's a dud vaccine myself.

PAFC66

Down a dark alley
Feb 5, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Why isn't the Fed government funding for outdoor facilities yet? Clearly it works look at NT. So much for gold standard NSW as well.

20210506_152237.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back