Corona virus, Port and the AFL. Part 3.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
As at 17 May 2021:

So far, 3,100,000 doses of COVID-19 vaccine have been delivered across Australia (ABC website).

Change from previous day: 11,000

Australia's population is about 25.8mill, requiring about 51.6mill doses for completion of the dual dose program.

Current % to completion:
(3.10/51.6) x 100 = 6.0%
(Previous Day: 6.0%)
---------------------
Note 1:
If <16yo veto on vaccination persists (current Pfizer) (about 22.1% or 5.7mill Australians) then about 40.2mill doses are required and not 51.6mill.
Current % to completion: 7.7%

Note 2:
If <12yo veto on vaccination is accepted (projected Pfizer) (about 16.9% or 4.4mill Australians) then about 42.8mill doses are required and not 51.6mill.
Current % to completion: 7.2%

Pfizer dose has now been approved for 12-15yo in the USA. This will be rubber stamped in Australia. Note 2 will eventually apply.

As at 17 May 2021:

So far, 3,100,000 doses of COVID-19 vaccine have been delivered across Australia (ABC website).

Change from previous day: 11,000

Australia's population is about 25.8mill, requiring about 51.6mill doses for completion of the dual dose program.

Current % to completion:
(3.10/51.6) x 100 = 6.0%
---------------------
Note 1:
If <16yo veto on vaccination persists (current Pfizer) (about 22.1% or 5.7mill Australians) then about 40.2mill doses are required and not 51.6mill.

Note 2:
If <12yo veto on vaccination is accepted (projected Pfizer) (about 16.9% or 4.4mill Australians) then about 42.8mill doses are required and not 51.6mill.
Current % to completion: 7.2%

Pfizer dose has now been approved for 12-15yo in the USA. This will be rubber stamped in Australia. Note 2 will eventually apply.

Its slowed down to an absolute trickle

At t
Its slowed down to an absolute trickle
At the moment Mondays appear worse than weekends. Cant quite work that out.
Maybe they overestimate the weekends and haul it back to reality on Monday ie a data correction thing?
Anyway, Mondays are possibly a good day to get a jab, with shorter queues

I have two Indian colleagues at work and both have lost family members/relatives due to covid. They know for certain that the "official" death numbers are no where near the true numbers.

India has millions of people from certain casts/ethnicity's that don't get counted when they are alive. Imagine how little the government pays them attention when they are dead.

As at 18 May 2021:

So far, 3,183,000 doses of COVID-19 vaccine have been delivered across Australia (ABC website).

Change from previous day: 83,000

Current % to completion:
(3.18/51.6) x 100 = 6.2%
---------------------
Note 1:
Current % to completion: 7.9%

Note 2:
Current % to completion: 7.4%

Follow this link through by stating age, whether Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander and postcode to find a GP vaccination site near you. Anywhere in Australia.

India has millions of people from certain casts/ethnicity's that don't get counted when they are alive. Imagine how little the government pays them attention when they are dead.
Yup,and rich countries hoarding vaccines simply means new variants will come from countries like India as it runs rampant and changes and adapts.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

At t

At the moment Mondays appear worse than weekends. Cant quite work that out.
Maybe they overestimate the weekends and haul it back to reality on Monday ie a data correction thing?
Anyway, Mondays are possibly a good day to get a jab, with shorter queues

I suspect the figures as reported are for the previous 24 hours. That being the case the figures reported on Monday are probably Sunday's results. It is that way the world over, as an example I notice the infection test rates in the US are lower on Monday than any other day. In SA many of the testing and vaccination hubs close on Sunday. There has to be a dip in the results so maybe this is it?

I note the ABC journo who wrote the article below was scheduled to be on the first flight out of India. Maybe his pregnant wife was the reason? You have to ask why Qantas and it's agents didn't pick up the fact that a lab had it's credentials cancelled. The system has to be under great strain in India so maybe foreign governments need to look at setting up their own testing labs in India? Then again that would require co operation between governments and that has been sadly lacking over the duration of the pandemic.

Meanwhile out of Africa the BBC are reporting that vaccine is being destroyed in Malawi because it has passed the use by date. The Malawians have vaccine but no infra structure to vaccinate. The Malawi government reasoning is this will assure the population that the vaccine they get is safe.

Last edited:
As at 19 May 2021:

So far, 3,279,000 doses of COVID-19 vaccine have been delivered across Australia (ABC website).

Change from previous day: 96,000

Australia's population is about 25.8mill, requiring about 51.6mill doses for11 completion of the dual dose program.

Current % to completion:
(3.28/51.6) x 100 = 6.4%
(Previous Day: 6.2%)
---------------------
Note 1:

Current % to completion: 8.2%

Note 2:

Fl

Florida wants to be a vaccine free ‘island.’
Case numbers are rising there compared to rest of America.
You could consider?

giphy.gif

Yep I’d go today if I could. If someone in the priority categories is choosing not to get it then they can go to the back of the line and give their doses to me.
It really has been a mess.
The gov months ago saying Australia had plenty of time to get vaccines in and now look at us.

Also I have been told the GP rollout in the Western suburbs of Adelaide is a lot slower than in the North Eastern suburbs.

The fact that all NH residents still haven’t been vaccinated and those in disability care homes and their carers are still waiting is a disgrace.

I don’t usually jump up and down but someone from Feds has to step up and tell us what the hell is going on.
Someone is is ultimately responsible.

Meanwhile Barnaby Joyce’s son must be enjoying all those shares his dad got him in AZ before it was released in Australia.

I am sure a masdive roll out is difficult but someone has to take responsibility for the slowness and messiness of this.

They had months to plan.

Also, if we do get a community outbreak resulting in big lockdowns people will be rushing in hoardes to get vaccinated.
People here are a bit complacent at the moment.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back