Corona virus, Port and the AFL. Part 3.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Scomo had Pfizer coming to us late last year wanting to use Australia as a testing ground. Whomever was negotiating tried to undercut them on costs and they walked away. And now we're in this weird hybrid roll out that's almost at a standstill. I said this would be rolled out like NBN was. They would of cakewalked next election if they just had some half competent people in these positions.

According to website below we now have another supplier of vaccine: Covax Facility

(Tap on "Vaccine supply")

What is Covax Facility?

It is explained at the following website:

(scroll down the page)

Clearly it is a middle man organisation providing vaccines to poorer countries without prospect of achieving vaccination of their populace. Australia has dipped its oar in with an upfront payment of $123mill to provide some further 25mill doses for our own use.
BUT
Up until midyear it looks like Covax Facility are primarily dealing with the AZ vaccine and a small amount of Pfizer vaccine.

500,000 doses of the 25mill appear to have arrived, with the same amount snipped off the provisional Pfizer dose estimate to counterbalance. Such is the confusion about just what doses are in the country, prompting this correction by the "covid19data.com.au" website.

It is to be hoped that the unspecified doses turning up from Covax Facility are not more AZ product, even though it is likely from their emphasis on that product distribution.

It would make us the recipient of 75mill doses of AZ, when combined with the CSL product. Not what we want when the AZ dose is being progressively narrowed in age range applicability.

I have not included a further 3.8mill doses of AZ that are supposed to arrive from Europe, but which have not arrived.

It would be interesting to see how contracts have been written for the AZ product.

As reported 17 June 2021 (16 June 2021 data):

So far, 6,219,000 doses of COVID-19 vaccine have been delivered across Australia (Aust Govt DoH/ covidlive websites).

Change from previous day: 136,000

Australia's population is about 25.8mill, requiring about 51.6mill doses for completion of the dual dose program.

Current % to completion:
(6.22/51.6) x 100 = 1%
(Previous Day: 11.8%)
---------------------
Note 1:
If <16yo veto on vaccination persists (current Pfizer; about 22.1% or 5.7mill Australians) then about 40.2mill doses are required and not 51.6mill.
Current % to completion: 15.5%

Note 2:
If <12yo veto on vaccination is accepted (projected Pfizer; about 16.9% or 4.4mill Australians) then about 42.8mill doses are required and not 51.6mill.
Current % to completion: 14.5%

So, SA has shut out people who visited NSW hot spots.

I am never sure how these selective border closures work. What guarantee is there that people will not lie about where they have been? Is someone who called in for some shopping in Coles Zetland between 11am and 1pm on June 15 then has a family wedding to attend in Adelaide on the weekend really going to own up?

I guess if everyone used QR codes and the States shared information there would not be an issue. As I sit sipping my cappuccino in Gloria Jeans at my local shopping centre I often look at people entering adjacent businesses and I reckon 50% of people do not bother to check in. What is more the business proprietors do not ask if they they have checked in. Judging from some of the feedback in this thread the same apathy applies interstate.

Astra Zenica restrictions and use in different countries.
It’s a hodgepodge.
No wonder people are confused.

The SA government has been ordered to release secret COVID-19 documents considered by the state's Transition Committee at the height of the pandemic, despite arguing publication could compromise its ability to manage the disease, damage public confidence, and empower groups to lobby for changes to restrictions.

The SA Ombudsman, Wayne Lines, has overturned a government refusal to release 22 documents – including a "Return to Play" plan submitted by the AFL – which had been sought by the state opposition under Freedom of Information laws.

The determination comes amid a legal bid by SA Senator Rex Patrick to overturn a similar secrecy claim on documents held by Australia's top COVID-19 decision-making forum – the National Cabinet.

The South Australian documents include meeting papers and presentations to the Transition Committee between mid-April and mid-June last year.

The Committee, which features several top-level bureaucrats and Chief Public Health Officer Nicola Spurrier, was set up to advise Police Commissioner Grant Stevens on how to manage the imposition and lifting of coronavirus restrictions.

So I just read a Freedom of Information Act release that states that the TGA never analysed the raw data from Pfizer and simply accepted the conclusions of a study that a billion dollar pharmaceutical company with a vested interest in their own product on face value. So any reports on the safety of these things was self reported by Pfizer themselves.

P.S. Someone I know in the US was hospitalised with COVID and had to go on a ventilator for four days. Under 40 and she was fully vaccinated with both Pfizer shots.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So I just read a Freedom of Information Act release that states that the TGA never analysed the raw data from Pfizer and simply accepted the conclusions of a study that a billion dollar pharmaceutical company with a vested interest in their own product on face value. So any reports on the safety of these things was self reported by Pfizer themselves.

P.S. Someone I know in the US was hospitalised with COVID and had to go on a ventilator for four days. Under 40 and she was fully vaccinated with both Pfizer shots.

Careful you may be badgered for proof of your story as it doesn’t fit the MO.

I know my partners biggest issue is there hasn’t been a peer study double blind placebo which is normally what happens with vaccines.

either way I’d suggest we’re damned if we do
And damned if we don’t.

Did she have one of the new variants?

Well it’s hardly the scientist and drug development companies fault that we have a raging pandemic where time is of the absolute essence.
I do agree though, damned if do, damned if don’t .
Hard to make decisions.

A raging Pandemic hey? I'd hate to see what you're like with a real serious one, not one with what a 99.7% survival rate. The odd thing i have found about this entire thing is the same people stuck in permanent fear stasis over this won't even bat an eyelid the next time there's an epic flu season overflowing hospitals and morgues around the world. Yes it is not the flu but the point is your odds of dying are the same or higher during those periods. I reckon we'll get a super super deadly flu season when we open back up, we will all be about 24months out of exposure and lose of some natural immunity from no exposure it'll be like a second cluster* after all of this.

A raging Pandemic hey? I'd hate to see what you're like with a real serious one, not one with what a 99.7% survival rate. The odd thing i have found about this entire thing is the same people stuck in permanent fear stasis over this won't even bat an eyelid the next time there's an epic flu season overflowing hospitals and morgues around the world. Yes it is not the flu but the point is your odds of dying are the same or higher during those periods. I reckon we'll get a super super deadly flu season when we open back up, we will all be about 24months out of exposure and lose of some natural immunity from no exposure it'll be like a second clusterfu** after all of this.

If you think this pandemic isn't serious you're an absolute dense s**t.

Even if this was only as deadly as the flu that's enough to overwhelm most hospitals in the world without controls / measures over the population.

If you think this pandemic isn't serious you're an absolute dense sh*t.

Even if this was only as deadly as the flu that's enough to overwhelm most hospitals in the world without controls / measures over the population.

I didn't say it's not serious, what is it with you Covid zealots and going from A to Z. I am laughing at carrying on like it's a raging pandemic to which it's not, you've literally just been through another lockdown where a infected guy went to a game of footy with 25k people and managed to infect no one, we are a long way from the initial strains for sure.

As reported 18 June 2021 (17 June 2021 data):

So far, 6,361,000 doses of COVID-19 vaccine have been delivered across Australia (Aust Govt DoH/ covidlive websites).

Change from previous day: 142,000

Australia's population is about 25.8mill, requiring about 51.6mill doses for completion of the dual dose program.

Current % to completion:
(6.36/51.6) x 100 = 12.3%
(Previous Day: 12.1%)
---------------------
Note 1:
If <16yo veto on vaccination persists (current Pfizer; about 22.1% or 5.7mill Australians) then about 40.2mill doses are required and not 51.6mill.
Current % to completion: 15.8%

Note 2:
If <12yo veto on vaccination is accepted (projected Pfizer; about 16.9% or 4.4mill Australians) then about 42.8mill doses are required and not 51.6mill.
Current % to completion: 14.9%

A raging Pandemic hey? I'd hate to see what you're like with a real serious one, not one with what a 99.7% survival rate. The odd thing i have found about this entire thing is the same people stuck in permanent fear stasis over this won't even bat an eyelid the next time there's an epic flu season overflowing hospitals and morgues around the world. Yes it is not the flu but the point is your odds of dying are the same or higher during those periods. I reckon we'll get a super super deadly flu season when we open back up, we will all be about 24months out of exposure and lose of some natural immunity from no exposure it'll be like a second clusterfu** after all of this.
3.85 million deaths so far and counting. How many do we need to get to before you would consider this 'serious'?

How seriously did you take, say, 9/11? Because so far COVID has killed roughly 1,283 times more people than 9/11 did.

I didn't say it's not serious, what is it with you Covid zealots and going from A to Z. I am laughing at carrying on like it's a raging pandemic to which it's not, you've literally just been through another lockdown where a infected guy went to a game of footy with 25k people and managed to infect no one, we are a long way from the initial strains for sure.
It's not raging in Australia because of the protective measures we took. But the pandemic has raged/is raging in other parts of the world. India, Brazil (other countries in South America), the USA, the UK, Spain, Italy, the list goes on. And death rates would be a lot higher if it weren't for the vaccines.

And still comparisons with the flu continue. Covid-19 spreads exponentially if left unchecked. The flu doesn't. And covid-19 is at least 5 times as deadly as the flu. Covid is nothing like the flu.

COVID-19 is at least 5 times deadlier than flu for hospitalized patients | Live Science

I see you've predicted a super super flu season in two years time with overflowing hospitals and morgues. And you accuse people of over-dramatising covid.
I can't see a super flu season happening. First, the flu isn't covid, the flu vaccine is pretty effective, and because of covid personal hygiene practices are on the up which will limit spread.

3.85 million deaths so far and counting. How many do we need to get to before you would consider this 'serious'?

How seriously did you take, say, 9/11? Because so far COVID has killed roughly 1,283 times more people than 9/11 did.
Imaging if it was left to spread like the plague with no idea how to prevent it or without modern medical intervention. Would be crazy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back