Corona virus, Port and the AFL. Part 3.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes but whether your stance on vaccines is right or wrong, these people view it as a violation of their body amd immune system. Referencing Nuremberg law due to what happened with Jews, whether we like it or not there are similarities. Hence more and more education is needed.

mid love PR based on all the ingredients in the vaccine and how they don’t harm the body eg Aluminium Mercury etc

this will keep knocking off fear rebuttles, ignoring them solves nothing. Eg mercury used in vaccines if same quantity in open would require safety crews in the remove. Injected into ones body okay. Get on TV explain why.

go through the list.

say-that-again3.gif

This is a pretty comprehensive take on how the NSW crisis evolved...

It is a lengthy article but worth reading if only to confirm what we already know. It took the Berejiklian Government 9 days after the limo driver tested positive to move to lock down and then it was only a partial lockdown of the Woollahra, Waverley and Randwick local government areas. What Sydneysiders refer to as the 'mockdown' didn't happen until 24 hours later.

The delta variant was running rampant for 10 days before Sydney went into lockdown, is it any wonder that on the 24th June a single birthday party resulted in 45 cases of Delta variant?

She couldn't possibly do what labor states do.. it was all political and now she's ****ed along with her citizens and probably the rest of Australia because her mate didn't order enough vaccines. Terrible situation.

Interesting that they say that once people read something on social media it is virtually impossible to convince them otherwise. My initial reaction to most things I read on social media is scepticism, especially if I don’t have good knowledge of the source.
It doesn't take long to brainwash someone or radicalise them..

It's amazing these people are so clueless. They're more likely to die from 1 aspirin.

Yes but whether your stance on vaccines is right or wrong, these people view it as a violation of their body amd immune system. Referencing Nuremberg law due to what happened with Jews, whether we like it or not there are similarities. Hence more and more education is needed.

mid love PR based on all the ingredients in the vaccine and how they don’t harm the body eg Aluminium Mercury etc

this will keep knocking off fear rebuttles, ignoring them solves nothing. Eg mercury used in vaccines if same quantity in open would require safety crews in the remove. Injected into ones body okay. Get on TV explain why.

go through the list.

Jesus Rick, You're a nutcase.

There's absolutely no comparison.

Nobody is restraining them and injecting them. They have every right to say no.

Please do not compare world war 2 and the extermination of millions to a global pandemic.

No. Simply No.

There are zero similarities with the work of front line medical staff in combatting a global pandemic and the actions of the nazis in exterminating the Jewish people.

Seriously get a bloody grip and some iota of perspective and a bit of the education that you are so keen to prescribe for others.
Mate pull your head in ties. I’m not saying it’s what I believe but what they believe. Jesus Holey Mary of Christ, some of you need to take a bex before posting.

Jesus Rick, You're a nutcase.

There's absolutely no comparison.

Nobody is restraining them and injecting them. They have every right to say no.

Please do not compare world war 2 and the extermination of millions to a global pandemic.

Mate you need to read dingus. I’m explaining their rationale not mine.
You lot in here are so hystrionic you may as well be middle aged women on menopause.

These people fear this is what’s coming. Being forced against their will. Like lockdowns is a right taken away.

ive Happily locked myself away and accepted it for the greater good. I’m happy to get my jab after I’ve got over this s**t truck flu I caught.

However this is their fear and logic. Some of these people fear the ingredients of vaccines. Not all believe in micro chips.

anyway once again, you lot in here over react like a group of hyenas. I don’t bother why I come in here, bloody lockdowns.

Mate you need to read dingus. I’m explaining their rationale not mine.
You lot in here are so hystrionic you may as well be middle aged women on menopause.

These people fear this is what’s coming. Being forced against their will. Like lockdowns is a right taken away.

ive Happily locked myself away and accepted it for the greater good. I’m happy to get my jab after I’ve got over this sh*t truck flu I caught.

However this is their fear and logic. Some of these people fear the ingredients of vaccines. Not all believe in micro chips.

anyway once again, you lot in here over react like a group of hyenas. I don’t bother why I come in here, bloody lockdowns.

"whether we like it or not there are similarities"

How did you want people to interpret this?

"whether we like it or not there are similarities"

How did you want people to interpret this?

I would assume using we, is a collective reference as in IS here on big footy discussing this topic. Similarities doesn’t mean same, but enough for people with extreme views to aid their paranoia on this great conspiracy.

where did I say

I believe that what they are doing with vaccine is like WW2. I DIDN’T. I’ve made commentary previously that I don’t want us going down that pathway of persecution and losing civil liberties. But I have never stated that’s what I think is happening.

I would assume using we, is a collective reference as in IS here on big footy discussing this topic. Similarities doesn’t mean same, but enough for people with extreme views to aid their paranoia on this great conspiracy.

where did I say

I believe that what they are doing with vaccine is like WW2. I DIDN’T. I’ve made commentary previously that I don’t want us going down that pathway of persecution and losing civil liberties. But I have never stated that’s what I think is happening.

Thats the issue though, people don't agree that there are ANY similarities.

Thats the issue though, people don't agree that there are ANY similarities.

well that’s what a lot of these protestors obviously feel, so they disagree with a % of big footy posters. Next time I talk to one I’ll let them know.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So local footy won't be back by Saturday? Even though we wouldn't have had a case outside of already being in quarantine by a week by Saturday?

That messes with my mental health way more than it should.

If it is being used as a preservative in some current Covid19 vaccines. I am not aware it is, but could be wrong.
I wonder how they apply this concern to having dental treatments, eating seafood etc.
I wonder if the balance will sway once Delta becomes even more prevalent.
Yes I agree more education and honest communication is needed although….. once the mind is made up…..
Amazing, you read my post correctly thank you lol

unfortunately like a lot of things in life, until someone is directly affected views won’t change. Hard to believe but it’s how it is for many even politicians. Can’t remember the name now but I remember one Poli, change their position on euthanasia from no to yes because they saw a family member die slowly.

the Government will only win via education. Get all the myths out there and answer them scientifically but in lay terms.

be honest. Yes some people may have a rare adverse reaction. We’re sorry but it’s better than a ventilator. Who knows. Keep doing the same thing over and over will get the same results.
Once this is all done and normality prevails I hope the Government doesn’t too drunk with power and allows it all back to normal.

Mate pull your head in ties.

I have zero idea wtf that means.

I'm not saying what I believe but what they believe

And I'm saying that you and 'they' have nfi.

'Them' because they put a well known 5G conspiracy theorist, anti-vaxxer and de-registered former nurse on a platform to spread utter lies about covid-19, vaccines and the outcomes of the Nuremberg trials in an attempt to demonise first line health care workers.

YOU because you make some sort of lame and incomprehensible attempt to explain and excuse that rubbish.

Get all the myths out there and answer them scientifically but in lay terms.

More utter Rubbish.

In the face of a pandemic why would our government and scientists waste precious time refuting random nutter claims? Only to have more random nutter claims take their place? It would only be a matter of time before fake moon landings made an appearance.

Stick with the science and communicating with the 95% of people who have the capacity and intelligence to understand common sense instead of wasting time with the 5% of conspiracy theorists who will refuse to listen to facts and commonsense in any case.

Classy. I take it your understanding of women is limited, hence your need to use them as an insult?

Last edited:
the Government will only win via education.

The government provides education. For instance the Year 8 chemistry I took you through a few posts back. What you do with it from there is up to you.

Amazing, you read my post correctly thank you lol

unfortunately like a lot of things in life, until someone is directly affected views won’t change. Hard to believe but it’s how it is for many even politicians. Can’t remember the name now but I remember one Poli, change their position on euthanasia from no to yes because they saw a family member die slowly.

the Government will only win via education. Get all the myths out there and answer them scientifically but in lay terms.

be honest. Yes some people may have a rare adverse reaction. We’re sorry but it’s better than a ventilator. Who knows. Keep doing the same thing over and over will get the same results.
Once this is all done and normality prevails I hope the Government doesn’t too drunk with power and allows it all back to normal.

personal experience is NOT the only way to change your mind, that is a furphy. ironically vaccination is a classic example. ya don't quite get the bug so that ya don't really get the bug. "why don't I have that smallpox vacc scar you have, mommy?" "because it worked..."

If the gov wins by education, the educators will only win by getting ahead of the media and the issues of their time and... immunising kids against the contagion of the day. they're very capable of that agility but its so bogged down by antagonistic relationships and bureaucratic structures in the public system and by pre-set agendas in the private systems.

40 years on I recall one high school teacher going off the plan and playing us TV ads on a videotape rapid fire and asking us what "whiter than white" meant as a claim for a washing powder etc, etc, etc to abject hilarity around the room. tore everything to shreds. helped that he had a hook on the end of one arm that he deployed for dramatic effect from time to time. TV ads being the mega-influencers of the day. Never looked at an ad the same way again. Funny how if you adapt the teaching to the disease you can... well, immunise a patient. But sadly that response seems to diminish over time

As I said before to you its not just about boringly droning on the rational answers that have existed for decades in the case of vacc. We can afford rational defences when we feel ok and can take the time to stop and think. The question is how to immunise us against getting sucked in by the irrational response at the times when we're susceptible, when we like to or feel we have to take short cuts. There are plain idiots out there but there are also folks who like the Mad Men of old are designing for triggering the irrational response based on time pressure and other techniques.

We are creatures of short cuts and stories and it was once a positively selected for adaptation. "The mammoth went that way yesterday, lets go there again. The sky fairy told me so..."

edit: the dirtiest trick of all is when a particular opinion is conflated with an identity. "I won't, because freedom". we're also social animals that like short cuts. Now any challenge to your opinion is an attack on your identity...

Florida is interesting. I've friends there who don't think it's a problem but that's another story.

Good numbers vaccinated with 55% of population over 12 yrs old fully vaccinated. That is good numbers I think if we get there we'll have done well?

The demographic of patients is changing with 53% under age 60, compared with 30% at the start of the year. Delta being a bit stickier is having an effect on younger people?

Hospital staff shortages?.
Can see something happening in Sydney in the near future along these lines that many staff having to isolate that hospitals are simply not able to function. You don't fill up wards with COVID cases and not have something go wrong and have staff not get infected.

Stick with the science and communicating with the 95% of people who have the capacity and intelligence to understand common sense instead of wasting time with the 5% of conspiracy theorists who will refuse to listen to facts and commonsense in any case.
This. There are still people out there who believe the world is flat despite Jeff Bezos blasting off into space on a giant dick.

well that’s what a lot of these protestors obviously feel, so they disagree with a % of big footy posters. Next time I talk to one I’ll let them know.

People wanting to control what goes in to their body, having fears about vaccines that have been developed in a fraction of the time as normal, and being critical of the actions of governments throughout the last year and a half... I may not agree with them on all of this but I can understand at least where they are coming from.

People openly attacking the frontline heroes that in many cases have sacrificed their lives either literally or figuratively to save people, and talking about violence against them and comparing their actions to the those of the nazis... absolutely not, its pure evil. Lock the speaker up and throw away the key.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back