Corona virus, Port and the AFL. Part 3.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The NSW Government reportedly remains split over how to manage the state's worsening Covid crisis, with the ongoing lockdown costing $850 million per week.

Yesterday, a NSW crisis cabinet meeting stretched on for almost five hours, with those in attendance studying economic modelling showing the dire impact of a lockdown which lasted until September.

But according to The Australian, opinions remained divided, with some pushing for harsher restrictions to be imposed on southwest Sydney, which has become the state's Covid ground zero, in order to allow other areas greater freedom.

On the other hand, others reportedly called for a "cautious" approach which would involve restrictions remaining "as tight as possible", which NSW chief health officer Dr Kerry Chant stated yesterday.

Gladystan dictatorship:
Residents of an apartment building at Blacktown in Sydney’s west have been locked indoors after multiple people tested positive for Covid-19. NSW Health is aware of the development and NSW Police confirmed it to NCA NewsWire early on Monday morning. “NSW Police Force are providing support to NSW Health who are responding to several Covid-19 cases in an apartment block at Blacktown. “NSW Police were asked to be on site in case assistance was required.

Gladystan dictatorship:
Residents of an apartment building at Blacktown in Sydney’s west have been locked indoors after multiple people tested positive for Covid-19. NSW Health is aware of the development and NSW Police confirmed it to NCA NewsWire early on Monday morning. “NSW Police Force are providing support to NSW Health who are responding to several Covid-19 cases in an apartment block at Blacktown. “NSW Police were asked to be on site in case assistance was required.
Mmm…Like the towers in Vic where Dan was demonised?
This is getting interesting.
So concerning though.

A good article that explains how SA Health goes about it's contact tracing. Seems to have worked better than the 'gold standard' employed in a certain other State. SA Health appears to employ a systematic approach unlike that other State where they resort to locking people in towers.

Been a bit frustrated at my kids school. We got a note saying its open so we can send the kids, but they won’t be doing any specific learning. We sent them Wednessay as we both had to work. They watched movies and played games. We got in trouble friday because with one of our kids we didnt log on to the online learning, even though theyve done all their homework each day. So he’s being put down as an ‘unexplained absence’ for 4 days because we dont have the log in details, even though hes done his work each day and if we sent him to school he’d be watching movies. Makes no sense at all

To be fair Wednesday was a pupil free day officially to allow teachers time to get the online learning in place. I know at our school we were just "providing supervision" on Wednesday, I think that's all the DfE schools were required to do. From Thursday students at school were completing the online learning with assistance from the teachers at school. I don't know if your school was the same.

If the school didn't provide online teaching logins though then surely there needs to be another method of checking in though. I do know there was a lot of teething issues with our whole system, I'm sure if you explain it afterwards your teacher will probably fix the attendance.

As nice as the extra days off have been it'll be a lot easier for everyone once we get back.

That's the issue right there, they are looking a financial modelling as a major decider of how to handle the outbreak.

Yeah the NSW Government has consistently put the NSW economy before public safety and in the long run it has bitten them in the arse. As Sydney enters it's fifth week of restrictions it has cost them more than a short Stage 4 lockdown across the entire greater Sydney region.

Bullshit!
So I’ve got to rock up for training now, which I hate…and there’s not even a game this Sunday!

It’s bad enough we have to work, but can’t play, now they’ve extended that into the sports 😂.

A good article that explains how SA Health goes about it's contact tracing. Seems to have worked better than the 'gold standard' employed in a certain other State. SA Health appears to employ a systematic approach unlike that other State where they resort to locking people in towers.

I think South Australia's experience handling the Radelaide super strain that was so contagious it could be caught off a pizza box has held them in great stead to handle this Delta strain.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The NSW Government reportedly remains split over how to manage the state's worsening Covid crisis, with the ongoing lockdown costing $850 million per week.

Yesterday, a NSW crisis cabinet meeting stretched on for almost five hours, with those in attendance studying economic modelling showing the dire impact of a lockdown which lasted until September.

But according to The Australian, opinions remained divided, with some pushing for harsher restrictions to be imposed on southwest Sydney, which has become the state's Covid ground zero, in order to allow other areas greater freedom.

On the other hand, others reportedly called for a "cautious" approach which would involve restrictions remaining "as tight as possible", which NSW chief health officer Dr Kerry Chant stated yesterday.
So we know how much a mockdown costs, with no end in sight. How much would a lockdown cost?

Ridiculous. They have three options.
1. Reduce restrictions. Cases go exponential.
2. Mockdown. Cases remain about the same.
3. Lockdown. Cases go to zero.

What will the costs be in 3 months time of each of those? What do the economic wonks have to say about that?

I think South Australia's experience handling the Radelaide super strain that was so contagious it could be caught off a pizza box has held them in great stead to handle this Delta strain.

You joke, but it actually did. Good to see they are capable of learning and adapting.

Gladystan dictatorship:
So a bit like the social housing towers in Melbourne last year then. Locking them down was effective, good to see NSW learning at least something from their Victorian counterparts.

The Delta strain which is so contagious that it can be passed on by a fleeting contact, like the amount that would happen if you turned up and collected a pizza form a person who had COVID.

But it would be ridiculous for a mutation like that to ever occur...

Last edited:
Five people from one household on the NSW Central Coast tested positive to coronavirus on Monday, igniting fears of potential further spread.
The positive cases, from Budgewoi, north of Sydney, resulted in 25 new exposure sites in the area.
Authorities are also worried about two close contacts who have so far tested negative, but who were living in the same household.
Meanwhile, attention is turning to the actions of one of those contacts, who visited 25 shops in five days after being ordered to isolate.

And you’re a disgusting turd and a moron so there’s that.
Papa G is a stupid moron with an ugly face and a big butt and his butt smells and he likes to kiss his own butt

Those of us living in Adelaide cannot knock how they handled the latest outbreak. If they learned from the pizza box episode at least they did learn, unlike a certain other State.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back