Corona virus, Port and the AFL. Part 3.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because local country shows don't have people come from intestate eg Kadina, so it would just become a big local show. It would still have value for a scaled down version.
They'd probably run it if that were the case.
I reckon it's more a case of no money to be made, so why bother.

They'd probably run it if that were the case.
I reckon it's more a case of no money to be made, so why bother.
They have been restricted by SA Health to max 10,000 a day, That's not feasible. They believe they could have gotten close to their normal 50,000 a day as people have booked tickets in advance and that is always a guide to what sort of turn out based on pre bookings.

SA Health had advised the Society that no more than 10,000 people could attend the Show each day – a limit organisers said was “not feasible” given the event normally attracts over 50,000 people per day, with 10,000 alone working or competing.

“As you would appreciate, this figure is not feasible therefore the 2021 Royal Show cannot proceed,” the Society’s media release states.

They have been restricted by SA Health to max 10,000 a day, That's not feasible. They believe they could have gotten close to their normal 50,000 a day as people have booked tickets in advance and that is always a guide to what sort of turn out based on pre bookings.
50k a day with no rides or food court or comps.

Naaaaaaaaaah!

They would have been lucky to get the 10k.

PortWTF

All Australian
Jun 21, 2015
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
View attachment 1203283

Seems like the vaccine is doing it’s job and shows how important it is to get that second dose, right?

Wrong.

View attachment 1203284

To put this in percentage terms - 42% of hospitalisations in Ontario, Canada for COVID are unvaccinated and only 8% are fully vaccinated.

However, 42% of ICU patients in Ontario, Canada with COVID are fully vaccinated and 0% are unvaccinated.

Antibody Dependent Enhancement is a real thing and has been the reason why every single coronavirus vaccine has failed.

Finally, a word from the inventor of mRNA technology:

Science is about the scientific method - the first two step of which is to question everything observed with skepticism.

Follow the science? I wish people would.

Those statistics while nice are pretty meaningless in regards to the efficacy of the vaccine.
1. It doesn't tell us the percentage of the population vaccinated. If 100% of people are vaccinated, then everyone in ICU of course will be vaccinated.
2. It doesn't tell us the age of the people, they could all be 90
3. It doesn't tell us the number of overall covid cases, and how many are normally in ICU in an unvaccinated population for that number of cases

For all we know these could be the best set of numbers Ontario has seen for 12 months.

We should also avoid saying that Robert Malone was the "inventor" of mRNA technology. He is not. He had the idea of how to get RNA into cells. Published in 1989.
Taking anything this bloke says about mRNA vaccines should be taken with caution.

El_Scorcho

Hall of Famer
Aug 21, 2007
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Aston Villa, San Antonio Spurs
Who were you flying with? Push for those credits to remain flight credits - the reason you're cancelling is because governmental border closures have meant this situation is out of your control. Most airlines have been extremely flexible in this situation - they can't afford not to be at this point.

Alternatively, go up to Darwin for a week. Weather is lovely this time of year and there's no quarantine upon returning to SA.

Qantas, so I might push back on them a bit as see what complaining will get me

Oct 8, 2004
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool
axpvwdzqiug71.jpg

Jul 1, 2014
Adelaide, Australia
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Lakers, Ducks, Yankees
Qantas, so I might push back on them a bit as see what complaining will get me

Qantas will definitely extend the credit. Jetstar have been awful throughout covid but Qantas and Virgin have been fine to deal with.

Not sure how that helps get them to be vaccinated. Bully and isolating them will only cause them to go underground or form greater resentment. It's still a matter of fact a portion of us vaccinated will still get ill and be carriers ourselves, so the vaccine isn't going to radically solve this issue

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nov 6, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Not sure how that helps get them to be vaccinated. Bully and isolating them will only cause them to go underground or form greater resentment. It's still a matter of fact a portion of us vaccinated will still get ill and be carriers ourselves, so the vaccine isn't going to radically solve this issue
How would you try to ‘solve’ it Rick?

How would you try to ‘solve’ it Rick?

I don't know if I have a solution, it's such an emotive subject logic has gone out the window, it's borderline hate now. The only thing I can see that will solve it is time. Alot is still speculation. As mentioned all of us vaccinated are potential speaders and will still suffer the illness. So in perhaps 12-18 months time we will have much stronger data that can be provided to those that ARE hesitant. Factual data over and over will help change the perception I would guess.

Mar 1, 2014
People's Republic of Onkaparinga
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Cronulla Sutherland Sharks
Strange to hear Mark Butler defending the Marshall Government's decision to stick by the 14 day quarantine for South Aussie athletes. Butler saying the Morrison Government knew about the SA Health requirements weeks ago but did nothing to organise the athletes landing elsewhere than Sydney.

Last edited:

OK jokes and insults *up front* don't help.

What might help though, at this point, eighteen bloody months in? Anything?

When repeat appeals to reason using multiple different lines of argument fail... at some point ya get to... shunning. "The herd" wants to look after the immuno-suppressed of course and will even re-accept the "I was dead set against it until this awful thing happened to me/someone near me" folks. But the rest?

Anti-vaxxers are the repeat drink-drivers of the pandemic.

And again, someone who hasn’t looked at excess death numbers throughout the world over the past 18 months…sigh.
It's almost like some sort of intellectual deficiency or something, isn't it? Just voicing the same idiocy time after time, getting the same answers and data time after time. Almost like some people don't want to learn.

Mar 1, 2014
People's Republic of Onkaparinga
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Cronulla Sutherland Sharks

Oh Boy, if this defence is shown to be false this woman should have the book thrown at her. Domestic violence is a serious issue and a valid defence but it should not be a refuge for anti social miscreants.

The fact that she has been remanded and refused bail suggests that the bench did not put much credence in her story. Maybe Ms Buckby's long criminal record including assault convictions had something to do with that?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back