Corona virus, Port and the AFL. Part 4.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Melbourne will leave lockdown at 11:59pm this Thursday as Victoria hits its 70 per cent vaccine milestone, with new freedoms including the introduction of a new rule that allows gatherings of 10 visitors to the home. Under the new road map, there will be no travel limit across metropolitan Melbourne, and 10 visitors including dependents can come to your home per day. Lockdown restrictions will be eased sooner than expected, with Premier Daniel Andrews set to outline an updated reopening plan. Public gatherings will increase to 15 for the fully vaccinated.

Do they?

I think the vast majority of people are 'anti-lockdown' these days as the vaccinated percentage keeps growing. I think there was a time and a place for lockdowns, but that time and place has passed. Anti-vaxxers can go fu** themselves though.

The Nurse and Simpleton imply they are one snd the same. Admittedly they are not Clique members.

I'm struggling to understand how thats good news.

It means that the vast majority of those who finish in hospital are unvaccinated. If it were the other way around and 90% of those in hospital were vaccinated then vaccination would almost be a waste of time and we would be in the shite.

The figures reinforce the message, if you want to maximize your chances of staying out of hospital get vaccinated. For me that is good news.

Last edited:

You can't have multiple views m7 it's not clique policy.

Yep you must be either woke communist SJW who wants the world locked down forever and for us to get 20 vaccine shots a year, or you're a Trump supporting Qanon Covid denier who thinks all restrictions or vaccines are the work of satanists.

Melbourne will leave lockdown at 11:59pm this Thursday as Victoria hits its 70 per cent vaccine milestone, with new freedoms including the introduction of a new rule that allows gatherings of 10 visitors to the home. Under the new road map, there will be no travel limit across metropolitan Melbourne, and 10 visitors including dependents can come to your home per day. Lockdown restrictions will be eased sooner than expected, with Premier Daniel Andrews set to outline an updated reopening plan. Public gatherings will increase to 15 for the fully vaccinated.

Yeah, well good luck Victoria I hope it works for you. I guess Dan has no other option because if he stays locked down there will be riots in the streets. New South Wales has reduced the rate of infection so there is a good chance Victoria can do the same.

The problem for Dan is there are currently 777 people in Victorian hospitals with 150 in ICU and of those 94 are on ventilators. If that number spikes it will put the Victorian health system under tremendous strain.

Us contrarians can't even agree, I couldn't care less if the world locks down forever and nobody is allowed to holiday overseas again.

Mandatory vaccination though? Bit on the nose.

W
Can somebody explain to me why the Covid Fetishists say you are automatically anti vax if you think lockdowns are bullshit?
Who said that?
For someone who big-notes himself as so superior you often don’t get the gist.

I do find that people like you who act like Mr Tough Guy are in real life just little men with very low self esteem.

We're fast closing in on the point of just having to get on with life. 25 million is a lot of people - even with the vaccine, a small number of people will die because they chose not to be vaccinated, couldn't be vaccinated or got unlucky and the vaccine didn't protect them.

Fact is people die every day, often of preventable causes. At some point we should move on, accept that covid exists and stop even really talking about it beyond when we're due for our next booster shot.

We're fast closing in on the point of just having to get on with life. 25 million is a lot of people - even with the vaccine, a small number of people will die because they chose not to be vaccinated, couldn't be vaccinated or got unlucky and the vaccine didn't protect them.

Fact is people die every day, often of preventable causes. At some point we should move on, accept that covid exists and stop even really talking about it beyond when we're due for our next booster shot.
s**t..that means that the Sack Ken thread looms again

I could be wrong... I probably am... But isn't the rest of the world just living life now?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Do they?

I think the vast majority of people are 'anti-lockdown' these days as the vaccinated percentage keeps growing. I think there was a time and a place for lockdowns, but that time and place has passed. Anti-vaxxers can go fu** themselves though.
It's funny how the "freedom fighters" see opening up as some sort of victory over some amorphous group of left-wing tyrants when the plan was always to vaccinate enough people and then gradually open up. What is happening is what pretty much everyone knew had to happen since March 2020. It could've taken a lot shorter with appropriate vaccination strategies. But we were are finally getting there.

Yeah but Healthcare has failed so your as good as dead any rate.

And the economy has been so devastated by lockdowns that I saw Gerry Harvey nicking bottles from my recycling bin the other night.

W

Who said that?
For someone who big-notes himself as so superior you often don’t get the gist.

I do find that people like you who act like Mr Tough Guy are in real life just little men with very low self esteem.
No need to get personal on it OGC. It’s an online forum - Papa G has provided a good counterpoint to the sky is falling brigade whose mantra has been no burden is too great and no cost is too high and where those who take any different view are labelled as subhuman.

It's funny how the "freedom fighters" see opening up as some sort of victory over some amorphous group of left-wing tyrants when the plan was always to vaccinate enough people and then gradually open up. What is happening is what pretty much everyone knew had to happen since March 2020. It could've taken a lot shorter with appropriate vaccination strategies. But we were are finally getting there.
The Professor spouting his usual revisionist rubbish. If it was always the plan why was Dan Andrews busy building quarantine centres and ridiculing Gladys when she said we are going to vax our way out of it? And where is McGowans or Anastasias plan for opening up at 80%? So yes events in NSW have been a victory for the freedom loving over the sky is falling, the health system will collapse, keep the borders closed, anti democratic technocrats who have held too much sway for too long.

- Does the UAE have no children, or do they vaccinate everyone?
- We have passed Germany in terms of single dose and are probably only a week away from catching most wealthy nations

View attachment 1262036

UAE have been vaccinating 12-15 year olds since around June.
They have started vaccinating younger kids as well but only recently.
Basically here it is a case of get vaccinated or be subject to weekly testing ( or in some cases more) to be allowed to go about normal life eg enter malls, government buildings, schools, public parks and beaches.
Since we are in effect living in a benevolent dictatorship there is not much in the way of anti-vax sentiment.
Vaccination isn’t mandatory here but basically they have made it it extremely difficult if you’re not.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

No need to get personal on it OGC. It’s an online forum - Papa G has provided a good counterpoint to the sky is falling brigade whose mantra has been no burden is too great and no cost is too high and where those who take any different view are labelled as subhuman.
I think PapaG can take it…all he does it get personal about others. Reap what you sow and all that mate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back