Corona virus, Port and the AFL. Part 4.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

" News Corp understands two-time premiership Crow Deni Varnhagen has advised the club that she has not yet been able to make an informed choice on whether to have the vaccine.

It’s undertsood she is the only member of the Crows’ AFLW squad who has not been either fully, or partially, vaccinated or is about to receive a Covid-19 jab.

Varnhagen, who works in the medical profession, has said she is not an “anti-vaxxer” but has posted a number of messages and photos on her Instagram account in recent days backing “freedom of choice”. "

:rolleyes:

" News Corp understands two-time premiership Crow Deni Varnhagen has advised the club that she has not yet been able to make an informed choice on whether to have the vaccine.

It’s undertsood she is the only member of the Crows’ AFLW squad who has not been either fully, or partially, vaccinated or is about to receive a Covid-19 jab.

Varnhagen, who works in the medical profession, has said she is not an “anti-vaxxer” but has posted a number of messages and photos on her Instagram account in recent days backing “freedom of choice”. "

:rolleyes:

No footyball and no work

Good choice Deni

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What a fu**in *******. Wonder how the other staff in her ward feel about her.
They wont have to feel about her at all come Nov 1st.

Premier Dominic Perrottet has confirmed that unvaccinated people will still have to follow one of the most hated mask restrictions, while vaxxed residents enjoy the new freedom.

From Monday, fully vaccinated NSW residents are no longer required to wear a mask while in the office, in a bid to encourage people to return to work.

However, the Premier made a point of reminding unvaccinated workers that they would have to keep donning a mask if they wanted to be in the office.

that's clever, soon you'll be able to tell who's unvaccinated by whether they're wearing a mask, easy to tell who to look down on in public. though what if I wear a mask that says "VAXXED"? confuse the simpletons!

I think it is OK for governments to continue to put pressure on people to vaccinate. But eventually, we'll reach a point where only a minority of extreme anti-vaxxers won't be vaccinated. And it will be fine. Eventually we will have to live with a minority of the population not being vaccinated. I would assume restrictions to travel internationally will remain for several years, but internally we will need to live with 90 or 95% of the population being vaccinated. And that should be enough.

And while I disagree with (most) anti-vaxxers reasons for not getting the jab, they need to be treated with respect as human beings. After all, some people still smoke tobacco, over-drink, eat poor diets, do drugs, etc. etc. and the taxpayer ends up picking up the bill for their treatment.

edit: this excludes health workers. They need to be 100% vaccinated or find a different job.

Silly cow? Better hold off with that sh*t in case one of our lot come out with something similar.

Then they will also be labelled as a fool. As has already been posted Varnhagen has until November 1 to get vaccinated or be moved to another role within the Health care Sector.

The SA Government Emergency Management (Healthcare Setting Workers Vaccination) (COVID-19) Direction 2021 states ,

4—Vaccination requirements and compliance for healthcare workers

(1) A person must not engage in work or perform duties in a healthcare setting from 1 November 2021 unless—
(a) the person has received at least one dose of a Therapeutic Goods Administration (TGA) approved COVID-19 vaccine; and
(b) the person has received, or has evidence of a booking to receive, a second dose of a TGA approved COVID-19 vaccine within one month of the first dose.

Note—
This direction applies to all persons engaging in work or duties at a healthcare setting including clinicians, ambulance workers, allied health workers, cleaners, administrative and executive staff and students undertaking placement, regardless of whether they work in a patient or a non-patient area.

In a way I admire Varnhagen for standing on principle but I am not sure I would want to risk my job and my sporting career on it, it does not seem very smart. I reckon in a couple of days time we will be reading that she has taken the first jab.

All AFLW players in Victoria are being given an antigen test prior to training and they have to wait in their cars until they get the negative result before they can train. That is how seriously the AFL is taking the Covid threat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back