Corona virus, Port and the AFL. Part 4.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Once we hit say 90% Vax masks should become a choice. Understand if the old, the weak, the scared, the Clique want to wear them, but the healthy amongst society shouldn't be forced to.
When we get to 90% vaccination rates and there's clear evidence that hospitisations arnt a issue then I actually agree with this.

Once we hit say 90% Vax masks should become a choice. Understand if the old, the weak, the scared, the Clique want to wear them, but the healthy amongst society shouldn't be forced to.
This makes some sense.
Premature ejaculation as wanted by some wasn’t a good concept but the slow build up and steady as she goes could work and everyone’s satisfied in the end.

This makes some sense.
Premature ejaculation as wanted by some wasn’t a good concept but the slow build up and steady as she goes could work and everyone’s satisfied in the end.

South Australia
"we're going all the way"

I'm so glad I haven't had to use masks yet regularly - must be the biggest pain in the ass and shocking for the environment.

I'm not "anti-mask", I get that they are extremely useful right now at limiting spread, and doing a lot of good in many parts of the world but the sooner we are in a position to * them right off in to the sun the better.

Think the issue is you are still spreading the virus. That being the situation then maybe it's not vaccine numbers that should dictate mask compliance it's actual case numbers. Case numbers rise masks stay but if cases go down we ease of. All levels of restrictions should probably be tied to case numbers?

Think the issue is you are still spreading the virus. That being the situation then maybe it's not vaccine numbers that should dictate mask compliance it's actual case numbers. Case numbers rise masks stay but if cases go down we ease of. All levels of restrictions should probably be tied to case numbers?

Nah. If you don't get the jab you take your chances. 2 years we've been living with this bullshit (for a grand total if 4 dubiously attributed deaths). Its time to * it all off and start living again. We are at the point where acceptable deaths are acceptable.
Halth care will cope. Extra beds have already been factored in. Its time to move onto the next thing that will scare the feeble minded.

Looks like there are a couple of AFLW players who will not take the jabs. I suspect there may be one or two AFL players who also pass. These are the dates-

Nov 26- All Victorian based AFLW & AFL players must be fully vaccinated
Dec 17- All remaining AFLW players & NSW based AFL players must be fully vaccinated
Feb 18- All SA, WA & Qld based AFL players must be fully vaccinated

There is provision for exemption on medical grounds.

Hopefully all Port players will be fully vaxxed by Feb 18. I reckon all AFL Clubs will be working overtime to ensure that their players are fully vaxxed but it raises a question about what happens if players refuse to get get vaxxed? As usual the AFL Policy pushes the consequences back on the clubs-

For Players who do not comply with the Policy and do not have an approved medical exemption, from the date at which a Player is no longer able to perform their contracted services, their Clubs can:
  • Transfer the Player to the inactive player list (meaning the Player can be replaced) and pay the Player 25% of (for AFLW) their contracted salary or (for AFL) the CBA minimum base salary
  • Keep the Player on their playing list (meaning the Player cannot be replaced) and pay the Player not less than 25% of (for AFLW) their contracted salary or (for AFL) 25% of the CBA minimum base salary
  • Terminate the Player’s playing contract with the agreement of the Player
  • Exercise any rights the Club may have at law to terminate the Player’s playing contract, but such rights are not to be exercised prior to 18 May 2022.
Of course the above policy does not say that clubs can replace the terminated or stood down players so if you have 2 or 3 players who refuse to take the jab you will be playing with a shortened list in 2022. Much like we were forced to do in 2016 when Ryder and Monfries were suspended.

It's probably less likely that an AFL player would take an anti vax stance due to the fact playing AFL is their main source of income which is not the case with AFLW which is more a part time pursuit. There's probably also increased peer pressure in the macho environment that is an AFL locker room where it would be difficult to go against the main stream opinion.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Masks and boosters along with vax passports seem to have Israel back on top of the virus.

Think that's just how things end up everywhere?

Think we can forget about lockdowns in the future for sure people just don't buy in to them anymore as evidenced by Victoria.

"Rather than imposing new lockdown measures, the government bet on a third booster dose of the Pfizer Inc (PFE.N)/BioNTech vaccine for people age 12 and up, mandated face coverings and enforced use of a “Green Pass” - proof of vaccination, recovery from the illness or a negative test for the virus - at restaurants and other venues, even for children."

McGowan has already foreshadowed lockdowns after 90% vaccination rate.

The fact is that the unelected health bureaucrats will still be pushing for lockdowns and we now know that they have the final say on public policy in each state.

I wouldn't be celebrating the end of lockdowns yet, especially if you live in a Labor state.

So a friend sent me an American podcast where the guy was saying 70% of deaths in UK for September were double vaccinated.

so I googled his sear term to check

variants of concern technical data.

took me to a report of different editions. Within the addition was this report (all government produced)

page 15-16 has a table for deaths 28 and 60 days after Covid infection.

minder 50 the vaccine seems to be effective, over 50 the death ratio of vaccinated increases, over 80 doesn’t seem to help significantly.

anyway that what I saw happy to be corrected.

I
So a friend sent me an American podcast where the guy was saying 70% of deaths in UK for September were double vaccinated.

took me to a report of different editions. Within the addition was this report (all government produced)

minder 50 the vaccine seems to be effective, over 50 the death ratio of vaccinated increases, over 80 doesn’t seem to help significantly.

think boosters are required definitely

Yes as to be expected.
The young obviously have a
better immune response which is same with flu vaccines.
Boosters will be required.
UK sure opened up early looking at their vax rates compared to Australia.

Cool story, get vaccinated.

We'll all probably get it eventually. I wonder how many vaxed people in Sydney got sick/how bad it was. You hear about mild cases where people get f’ed up and then other people have a mild case and literally no symptoms whatsoever.

We will probably catch it 2 times a year?
Maybe a 1 in 10 chance of it being a problem maybe a 1 in 100 chance of it being a serious problem but 2 times a year over 10 years it's just something you need to keep in mind and be aware that the percentages do add up.

Masks and boosters along with vax passports seem to have Israel back on top of the virus.

Think that's just how things end up everywhere?

Think we can forget about lockdowns in the future for sure people just don't buy in to them anymore as evidenced by Victoria.

"Rather than imposing new lockdown measures, the government bet on a third booster dose of the Pfizer Inc (PFE.N)/BioNTech vaccine for people age 12 and up, mandated face coverings and enforced use of a “Green Pass” - proof of vaccination, recovery from the illness or a negative test for the virus - at restaurants and other venues, even for children."
I don’t have a Fristing Rick anti vax agenda but as someone who pre-COVID travelled to Israel a few times a year for work this is patently misleading. They had an awful lag between vaccine shot 2 & 3 that resulted in just about their longest period of lockdown/boarder restrictions.

It’s potentially quite the negligent take on the facts coming out of a country that’s been ahead of the curve for each wave.

It's probably less likely that an AFL player would take an anti vax stance due to the fact playing AFL is their main source of income which is not the case with AFLW which is more a part time pursuit. There's probably also increased peer pressure in the macho environment that is an AFL locker room where it would be difficult to go against the main stream opinion.

A guy like Brian lake or Aker is probably anti vax. Nigel notso another one

A long way from peak bravest, but under 50, not obese, no health conditions, never get sick indicating a reasonable auto immune system and no respiratory issues. I doubt I'd even know I had Covid if I got it.

Or you will.

A guy like Brian lake or Aker is probably anti vax. Nigel notso another one

Probably. Would they give up half a million a year for that stance? Probably not. This isn't the NBA where players can sit out and lose millions and live off their previously earned tens of millions, they need the cash.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back