Corona virus, Port and the AFL. Part 4.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
On a related note, I'm still conflicted as to whether Barbarella was one of the best or worst movies of all time.

Certainly one of the best intros to a movie ever.

th_z4pNanh1NtO9itPiMZfHdX0WUXIEb8qK.jpg

Candy cantaloupes is a ripper name

She's crushing that poor young girl's spine in the front.

Brilliant. Have dropped mask rules for the least vaccinated portion of society (U18) for the place they spend 70% of their waking hours indoors (school) yet we still have to do the mask dance in pubs/ restaurants 😅. It's so farcical it beggars belief.

Oh wait but if it's a "private function" no rules at all as covid hates exclusivity. Was at one of these said functions last week, packed room booze flowing and our great leader (well ex leader as the police commissioner runs the state I guess) shaking hands left right and centre without a mask in sight.

All they are doing is creating unecessary compliance fatigue so that if we ever actually need to wear masks again a % of people won't be f’ed because they are over it.

Sigh.
As soon as you open borders , whoknows when that'll be but masks ect will return for a while anyway, atleast till >90% Vax rates, depending how hospitisations are going, and more than likely at big events in SA. Get used to it.

Their vaccination rate is well ahead of SA’s
Atleast they have a plan or some sense of a roadmap though. With all the talk of Victoria being covid fetishist's ect by some morons on here, Victorians will be traveling overseas well before SA opens its borders to them. Time to get a move on.

If anyone here is still not vaccinated , what are you waiting for? If not possibly ending up in ICU isn't enough motivation for you , You won't be able to see another port game for a long time without it.

Last edited:
As soon as you open borders , whoknows when that'll be but masks ect will return for a while anyway, atleast till >90% Vax rates, depending how hospitisations are going, and more than likely at big events in SA. Get used to it.

The biggest thing should be.. if you're sick don't farken come to work. Don't go to the shops if you can avoid it, don't go out on the piss.

The biggest thing should be.. if you're sick don't farken come to work. Don't go to the shops if you can avoid it, don't go out on the piss.
Then how will I help lower anti-vaxx numbers? Ill go where I want when we are open. I'll be selfish because thats want some want, let it rip right? Although I love my place of work so I'll stay away from there.

Atleast they have a plan or some sense of a roadmap though. With all the talk of Victoria being covid fetishist's ect by some morons on here, Victorians will be traveling overseas well before SA opens its borders to them. Time to get a move on.

If anyone here is still not vaccinated , what are you waiting for? If not possibly ending up in ICU isn't enough motivation for you , You won't be able to see another port game for a long time without it.

I’m not, just worry about yourself & stop preaching to others hey !!

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Having been to a few MMA events and trained with semi pro fighters, I can also say that they are not healthy people often.

There aren't many things as unhealthy as a last minute weight cut. I am sure the effects of that can wreck people and I think it's a poor way to manage a career.

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using Tapatalk

Having been to a few MMA events and trained with semi pro fighters, I can also say that they are not healthy people often.

There aren't many things as unhealthy as a last minute weight cut. I am sure the effects of that can wreck people and I think it's a poor way to manage a career.

Agree, weight cuts are awful. But these guys weren't cutting weight when they got sick. There's multiple examples from other sports. In general though a world class MMA fighter is in pretty ******* good shape. Excluding heavyweight maybe.

Stop being a contrarian and admit that being in good shape isn't a magical barrier.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Carn Bravest, a lot of it is for amusement, but there is also more than a tinge of conviction in opposing the pathetic insipidness and sky is falling rhetoric of the last few years.

You probably need to be a bit more positive and less angry, frustrated and scared. It will help your head space.

I'm a realist. It's not so much being scared it's just wanting and hoping for things to be done better, rather than a don't give a * attitude. That's all well and good but i can guarantee you wouldn't have the same if you lost someone close to you due to covid, meningococcal or whatever else.

Case of Miningecoccal at my kids school announced today. 5-10% mortality rate. 0-4 year olds most affected.

Far more concerning than some piss weak virus the help ls old and sick people die.

Must be a pretty shitty school.

I’m not, just worry about yourself & stop preaching to others hey !!

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Is it preaching to tell people to get vaccinated? It's possible to worry about yourself AND others. I heard a bloke on the radio today say that at age 36 he felt he'd be fine to not get vaccinated as statistically Covid wouldn't kill him, maybe he's right, but him having full blown covid and unknowingly passing it on to a family member, friend, or neighbour who then ended up in ICU/dying would be a bit of a bummer I reckon. If people want to preach, implore, beg, urge, and educate others about why it's a matter of being a decent human being to get vaccinated I'm cool with it.

Telling people who are against getting vaccinated for whatever reason to think about other people is not the right way to approach the situation. Most people are fundamentally self absorbed and don't care much about other people. So there has to be something in it for them to get vaccinated, beyond the medical side to which they are skeptical of. The government and private business have settled on restricting liberties for the unvaccinated, including very importantly the ability to earn a living. This will ensure we get past 90% vaccinated by early next year.

Agree, weight cuts are awful. But these guys weren't cutting weight when they got sick. There's multiple examples from other sports. In general though a world class MMA fighter is in pretty ******* good shape. Excluding heavyweight maybe.

Stop being a contrarian and admit that being in good shape isn't a magical barrier.

I never said it was. It does increase likelihood of having a mild experience and people who experience otherwise are the exceptions. Stop making the exceptions the expectations.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back