Corona virus and other pestilences. Poxes ‘n stuff. Part 5.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK how about a surgeon operating on you not wearing a mask? You are probably ok but do you think they should?

If they refuse to should they keep their job?

A chef doesn't wash his hands and are rats really that big a problem in the kitchen? Should that restaurant stay open?

Simple fact of the matter is these morons have spent years studying science and at the end of the day they are failing the subject they have been studying in its simple practical application.

A career in " wellness" awaits them but they don't belong anywhere that bases it's whole structure and reason for being on science.

If I caught covid in a hospital and I found out the staff treating me weren't vaccinated I know some pretty good legal people I'd be discussing it with.
But Dave -the science is in - the vaccines do squat to prevent transmission - you are as likely to catch Covid from the vaccinated health care worker. Suggest that you be grateful for the health care you receive in the form that it comes rather than worrying about the personal choices of your carer

As many know, F1 driver Valtterie Bottas has spent the last couple of weeks in Australia, most of it here in Adelaide with his girlfriend. They posted this really pleasant farewell to us all in his twitter account:

View attachment 1311380

The first response is from 'Kyle' in Russia

View attachment 1311381
Just dumb.

Where exactly are these quarantine camps by the way?

Yes Valtteri, why didn't you visit the renowned egalitarian utopian democracy that is Russia?

Well, using the logic of the fetishists, I hope that if you are ever in need of medical care, and if there is only an unvaccinated nurse or doctor to administer that care, that you do the principled thing and refuse treatment
There are certainly some that I have known that I would do everything humanly possible to not have them treat me.
And on that point I do hope you are willing to refuse treatment matey

Well, using the logic of the fetishists, I hope that if you are ever in need of medical care, and if there is only an unvaccinated nurse or doctor to administer that care, that you do the principled thing and refuse treatment

That won't happen, they all got fired mate.

And vaccinations for a lot of things have been mandatory for them forever.

The whole Djokovic thing is just a populist face saving excercise at this point. Politicians who sit in a coalition with politicians who promote anti vaccination sentiment deport man for promoting anti vaccination sentiment because their attempt to deport him for being unvaccinated failed. You can't make this stuff up.

I still don't get how Djokovic could have been granted a Visa in the first place.

I've heard the argument that it is all an electronic application process and you're required to provide proof of your claim at entry point.

How absurd is that? It is widely accepted that he is not vaccinated and would be seeking a medical exemption. If his exemption was based on having contracted Covid in the past 6 months and the Australian government has stated repeatedly this is not an exemption condition, how do you get a Visa?

How did the tennis players who have left the country since this blew up get in? How many big business mates of the government have accessed the country under the same conditions as Djokovic is now being denied?

You couldn't have made a bigger mess of this if you had been planning to for 12 months.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I still don't get how Djokovic could have been granted a Visa in the first place.

I've heard the argument that it is all an electronic application process and you're required to provide proof of your claim at entry point.

How absurd is that? It is widely accepted that he is not vaccinated and would be seeking a medical exemption. If his exemption was based on having contracted Covid in the past 6 months and the Australian government has stated repeatedly this is not an exemption condition, how do you get a Visa?

How did the tennis players who have left the country since this blew up get in? How many big business mates of the government have accessed the country under the same conditions as Djokovic is now being denied?

You couldn't have made a bigger mess of this if you had been planning to for 12 months.

Government lawyer going for "the vibe" thing by the looks, but he's no Dennis Denuto...

Judge interrupts government lawyer​

Chief Justice Allsop has just interrupted the government's barrister to question the argument he was putting forward that Djokovic's presence in Australia stirs up anti-vaxxers and is a bad influence.
He essentially asks, wouldn't cancelling Djokovic's visa have a similar effect? This argument was put forward earlier by Djokovic's team.
“It would be clear to anyone with common sense that cancelling the visa would cause overwhelming discord and risk of transmission through large gatherings.. one could see the counterfactual overwhelming the mere focus only on consequences of [Djokovic's] presence…", Chief Justice Allsop says.

It doesn't sound like a full proof system. At the border the checking of a visa is random but the checking of a passport is not.

Government lawyer going for "the vibe" thing by the looks, but he's no Dennis Denuto...

Judge interrupts government lawyer​

Chief Justice Allsop has just interrupted the government's barrister to question the argument he was putting forward that Djokovic's presence in Australia stirs up anti-vaxxers and is a bad influence.
He essentially asks, wouldn't cancelling Djokovic's visa have a similar effect? This argument was put forward earlier by Djokovic's team.
“It would be clear to anyone with common sense that cancelling the visa would cause overwhelming discord and risk of transmission through large gatherings.. one could see the counterfactual overwhelming the mere focus only on consequences of [Djokovic's] presence…", Chief Justice Allsop says.

Thus reinstate the visa so that these stirred emotions can possibly continue throughout the entire time he's here?

A man in his 70s and a man in his 80s have both died with COVID-19 in South Australia.

The state's case and hospital numbers have taken another dip.

There were 3,450 cases reported today, down from 4,349 yesterday.

"Very pleasingly, we've seen the positive rate in South Australia continue to fall — 3,450 positive cases in the 24 hours to midnight last night — so quite a substantial decrease from two days ago when we were at 5,679, yesterday 4,349 and of course today we're reporting 3,450," Premier Steven Marshall said.

Hospitalizations have dropped by 16 to 220, while 26 patients remain in ICU and there are six on ventilators.

The Adelaide Showground mass vaccination hub has been expanded to accept another 8,000 appointments per week, with the Jubilee Pavilion now being used for Moderna boosters.

"So there really is now no excuses," Mr Marshall said.

Cert III used to he a full-time 6 month course. Then you get put into a high pressure, skilled position and get paid less then a shelf stacker at Woolies.

The government's response to the staffing crises is to make the Cert III a six week course. It is frightening. If you make a manual handling mistake, someone dies.

Instead of paying aged care workers inline with their skills to retain them, they put the elderly at risk by putting their lives in the hands of poorly trained graduates

A man in his 70s and a man in his 80s have both died with COVID-19 in South Australia.

The state's case and hospital numbers have taken another dip.

There were 3,450 cases reported today, down from 4,349 yesterday.

"Very pleasingly, we've seen the positive rate in South Australia continue to fall — 3,450 positive cases in the 24 hours to midnight last night — so quite a substantial decrease from two days ago when we were at 5,679, yesterday 4,349 and of course today we're reporting 3,450," Premier Steven Marshall said.

Hospitalizations have dropped by 16 to 220, while 26 patients remain in ICU and there are six on ventilators.

The Adelaide Showground mass vaccination hub has been expanded to accept another 8,000 appointments per week, with the Jubilee Pavilion now being used for Moderna boosters.

"So there really is now no excuses," Mr Marshall said.
Can we have sausages with that?
Anyway we are off to local pharmacy tomorrow for our boosters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back