Corona virus and other pestilences. Poxes ‘n stuff. Part 5.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm a bit shocked at that outcome (pleased though) - Hawke's decision, once he'd finally got to it, and their argument in the court today, sounded wishy-washy to start with, then there were the lead judge's comments at the outset this morning. Unanimous decision of the three though, so I'll be interested in their reasoning.
Actually I thought the arguments were quite sound, could have been delivered a little better. The government lawyer only had to prove 1 of the 3 grounds they put up to succeed. The reasoning behind the decision will be interesting to see how many grounds they succeeded with.

Novak’s legal team just kept in going round and round in circles. Woods lost the judges at about the hour mark.

Actually I thought the arguments were quite sound, could have been delivered a little better. The government lawyer only had to prove 1 of the 3 grounds they put up to succeed. The reasoning behind the decision will be interesting to see how many grounds they succeeded with.

Novak’s legal team just kept in going round and round in circles. Woods lost the judges at about the hour mark.
Shame it is overshadowing our boy Thannasi’s win.
Hope Novak is deported tonight so we can get on with focusing on the Tennis instead of an anti vaxer’s plight .

I'm a bit shocked at that outcome (pleased though) - Hawke's decision, once he'd finally got to it, and their argument in the court today, sounded wishy-washy to start with, then there were the lead judge's comments at the outset this morning. Unanimous decision of the three though, so I'll be interested in their reasoning.

It was unanimous decision as well. Three judges all sided with the Australian Government's right to decide who enters Australia. I wonder if costs were awarded in favour of the taxpayer? The prick has millions so let him pay the court costs.

You have to wonder why someone would want to stay in a country where he was so obviously not wanted. Not only does he have to leave the country but he is barred for several years. In the long run Djokovic would have been better placed complying with the ABF direction and returning to Serbia.

I'm sure it's been a nice little distraction for those asylum seekers that have been battling away for years and years.

I will leave the politics of the Djokovic decision to one side but its incredibly punitive and disappointing that the 9x Australian Open champion is barred from returning to Australia for 3 years when he originally entered the country on a valid visa.

I will leave the politics of the Djokovic decision to one side but its incredibly punitive and disappointing that the 9x Australian Open champion is barred from returning to Australia for 3 years when he originally entered the country on a valid visa.

No vax no entry m8

Be interesting to see what happens with the US open.. will they give him an exemption?

Update: guest has gotten worse and is waiting for PCR results. My girlfriend is running hot and cold with aches and a sore throat, and I'm headachey and tired. Have a PCR booked for tonight - hopefully SA Health actually stick to it.
Everyone at the BBQ (including the unwell guest) has tested negative yay. And symptoms for my partner and I have subsided, so maybe we just stressed ourselves out.

It was unanimous decision as well. Three judges all sided with the Australian Government's right to decide who enters Australia. I wonder if costs were awarded in favour of the taxpayer? The prick has millions so let him pay the court costs.

You have to wonder why someone would want to stay in a country where he was so obviously not wanted. Not only does he have to leave the country but he is barred for several years. In the long run Djokovic would have been better placed complying with the ABF direction and returning to Serbia.
I guess the big big big money and his title made him desperate, not desperate enough to get the vaccine though. Ah well the anti vax brigade love to see themselves as victims so he will be celebrated by them..

Well, we got rid of the trouble maker. I'm sure everyone lives will markedly improve now, just make sure you stay masked and book in for your booster. * me what a sideshow.

Cert III used to he a full-time 6 month course. Then you get put into a high pressure, skilled position and get paid less then a shelf stacker at Woolies.

The government's response to the staffing crises is to make the Cert III a six week course. It is frightening. If you make a manual handling mistake, someone dies.

Instead of paying aged care workers inline with their skills to retain them, they put the elderly at risk by putting their lives in the hands of poorly trained graduates

Yep. And this is the type of mongrel who the Federal Government funds to look after our disabled people under NDIS:

317502_105775596194904_2189895_n.jpg

Screen Shot 2022-01-16 at 6.09.30 pm.png Screen Shot 2022-01-16 at 6.09.30 pm.png

It's incredibly disappointing that the 9x Australian open champion is so scared of a little needle that he threw away a good chance to become the all time grand slam record holder.

And by disappointing I mean hilarious

No vax no entry m8

Be interesting to see what happens with the US open.. will they give him an exemption?

Apparently he has a visa exemption for the French Open but players are required to stay in a COVID bubble. Novax was one of the big whingers when he had to slum in a five star bubble before last year's Australian Open so I can hear the bitching already. Novax is probably briefing his legal team as I post.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fun Lol GIF by Tennis TV

Yep. And this is the type of mongrel who the Federal Government funds to look after our disabled people under NDIS:
You have to wonder what level of vetting process the gov undertakes with the community care organisation tenders. And who the hell was overseeing the carer and the wellbeing of the client.

Could not give a flying burrito about an arrogant tennis player.

BUT this has put on display for all to see just how broad the discretionary powers of the government are are in our Migration Act and how it can be manipulated for political gain - as it has been for decades.

At least Djokovic had the cash and the visibility to actually have his day in court to fight the deportation order - with a full Federal Court hearing organised on a Sunday with just a days notice, having previously shown just how sloppy our border force processes can be when they act in haste and with a political target in mind.

Hundreds of others have never had the chance - sitting in detention for years!

Last edited:

Costs were awarded to the commonwealth. Expensive Sunday exercise for him 😂

Should the government have these discretionary powers for foreigners? It is a very challenging task for ABF to determine whether documents of foreigners entering Australia are legitimate.

I'm surprised about the outcome, It felt like the decision was headed for his visa to be reinstated again.

R U OK? Or are you just crying into the soiled pair of Novax's jocks you bought off ebay?

BUT this has put on display for all to see just how broad the discretionary powers of the government are are in our Migration Act and how it can be manipulated for political gain - as it has been for decades.

At least Djokovic had the cash and the visibility to actually have his day in court to fight the deportation order - with a full Federal Court hearing organised on a Sunday with just a days notice, having previously shown just how sloppy our border force processes can be when they act in haste and with a political target in mind.

Yes it was absolutely ridiculous the sway he had to get that urgent session.

Of course…
two good things would be a great follow up,
but they won’t.

They could find a way to deport Craig Kelly, Clive Palmer and George Christensen 🤣

Novak could speak out about our real detainees 🙁

But weren't these visas issued contrary to Federal Government directive?

The ridiculousness of the joker case won't do anything in terms of making Australians care about refugees locked up indefinitely in detention. They can't pretend they didn't know about it, deliberate cruelty to asylum seekers has been government policy since little Johnny Howard and the average voter gives no *s because they're worried a brown person will steal their job.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back