Corona virus and other pestilences. Poxes ‘n stuff. Part 5.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
******* lol. Get off the ******* grass, Albanese.

"MediSave is a national medical savings scheme that helps individuals set aside part of their income to pay for their personal or approved dependents’ hospitalisation, day surgery and certain outpatient expenses, as well as their healthcare needs in old age."

37% of your salary in Singapore gets diverted into three funds - Ordinary Account (used for housing and education), Special Account (used for retirement) and MediSave (used for medical expenses and accruing 4% interest per annum). If the Federal Government had access to 8-10% of Australian's wages instead of the 2% Medicare levy, I'm sure they could do exactly the same thing because money for health expenditure wouldn't be an issue.

Maybe if Labor had planned ahead when creating Medicare and Superannuation schemes they could have had the same system. Idiot.
Well I think we all know that the LNP will do whatever is in their power to destroy Medicare.

Its more that in the Northern Hemisphere they've gone with the story that in South Africa, omicron quickly spread and then dropped on its own "because everyone caught it, and hospitalisations didn't go up because its mild". Wherein the reality is SA's infections dropped off because schools closed for summer break and they introduced restrictions. And that could be the reason why their infection numbers actually dropped down.

Does everyone in South Africa go to school? When they aren't at school do they all hide at home?

Does everyone in South Africa go to school? When they aren't at school do they all hide at home?
When the government introduced restrictions to curb the spread at the same time that the schools closed? Yes. Did you miss that part?

And you're still going to go with this approach that kids mingling in schools doesn't greatly increase their chances of spreading the disease compared to outside of school...

As I understand it the main reasons why the SA teachers are unhappy with the government plans to open from next week is that they are not being offered access to RATs unlike their Vic and NSW counterparts and they are not being provided with access to air purifiers in classrooms with poor ventilation - also unlike their Vic/NSW counterparts.

I heard the SA Education Minister say on the ABC this morning that Prof Nicola Spurrier had offered to sit down with Teachers Union reps and talk them through the reasons why the SA Government had decided not to go down this path.

I hope the Teachers Union have accepted this offer and share the outcomes widely because parents (and the students themselves) need clarity on this situation with less than a week until school starting.

As I understand it the main reasons why the SA teachers are unhappy with the government plans to open from next week is that they are not being offered access to RATs unlike their Vic and NSW counterparts and they are not being provided with access to air purifiers in classrooms with poor ventilation - also unlike their Vic/NSW counterparts.

I heard the SA Education Minister say on the ABC this morning that Prof Nicola Spurrier had offered to sit down with Teachers Union reps and talk them through the reasons why the SA Government had decided not to go down this path.

I hope the Teachers Union have accepted this offer and share the outcomes widely because parents (and the students themselves) need clarity on this situation with less than a week until school starting.

Lol.

Let's waste our ******* money on air purifiers that remove particulates at 0.3 microns when the virus itself is 0.14 microns.

It's more like 'How can we use this to * over the Liberal government more?'

Lol.

Let's waste our ******* money on air purifiers that remove particulates at 0.3 microns when the virus itself is 0.14 microns.

It's more like 'How can we use this to fu** over the Liberal government more?'
Maybe you need to do a bit more of your “research” 🙄

Anyway, I hope they keep the doors and windows open for cross ventialtion at least.
F22CCF96-5761-462F-8D05-16570D900983.jpeg

Lol.

It's more like 'How can we use this to fu** over the Liberal government more?'
Intelligent and articulate response. Not unexpected but very disappointed it gets thumbs up from some who should know better and lecture others on understanding.

These are dedicated teachers who I reckon are genuinely concerned about their workplace and the kids they teach. Especially when the SA Government approach is so markedly different from that adopted in other states and in the catholic and private school systems. They ask a genuine and not unexpected question - why?

Seems to me the government engaging in ongoing dialogue with their own workforce and the the people who they expect to make this work would have been a smart thing to do.

The teachers union have not made a final decision to strike but have signalled that is what their members want - in a vote that exceeds previous teacher polling on pay rise disputes - despite this giving them nothing in return other than safety.

The Government has agreed to have their CMO talk with them about their concerns - tomorrow.

Surely this could and should have happened earlier? With less than a week to go until school starts and most teachers already in class doing prep work the question is - why didn't it?

And if teachers are worried I reckon there is a fair chance more than a handful of parents are worried for their kids as well.

Having a workforce who are informed, supportive and act as ambassadors for what you are trying to do during a pandemic and can share their support and understanding with the kids and parents would seem to be an utter no brainer to me.

But hey - yell away at teachers for actually giving a damn.

Last edited:
Not a huge sample size but amongst my family in Italy, 3 out of the 4 households I know that have had Covid in the past month are pointing to their kids as bringing it home from school.

They're also in the thick of their winter so not sure how comparable it is to us, but I do find it odd that state Governments want to call out we're past the peak when there's been restricted movement of late and some of those restrictions are about to be lifted.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

When the government introduced restrictions to curb the spread at the same time that the schools closed? Yes. Did you miss that part?

And you're still going to go with this approach that kids mingling in schools doesn't greatly increase their chances of spreading the disease compared to outside of school...

It's a myth that kids not at school reduces their risk. A controlled situation with the same people 5 days a week per random trips to supermarkets, shopping centres, friends houses, movies. You know those same kids that are gonna spread it so bad from school are still doing swimming, tennis, netball, soccer etc etc lol.

"Sorry little Tommy no school today it's too dangerous you might spread Covid."
"Oh OK what about footy?"
"yep that is still on"
"Oh what about swimming lessons?"
"Yeah you're still going swimming"
"what about tennis?"
"Oh yeah that's on"
"What about Timmys birthday at Timezone?"
"Yeah that's on, also we gotta go to Target, Coles and Big W"
"At least I'm safe from school"

Prof spurrier: you can only catch covid off a football or pizza box so you should be fine

Intelligent and articulate response. Not unexpected but very disappointed it gets thumbs up from some who should know better and lecture others on understanding.

These are dedicated teachers who I reckon are genuinely concerned about their workplace and the kids they teach. Especially when the SA Government approach is so markedly different from that adopted in other states and in the catholic and private school systems. They ask a genuine and not unexpected question - why?

Seems to me the government engaging in ongoing dialogue with their own workforce and the the people who they expect to make this work would have been a smart thing to do.

The teachers union have not made a final decision to strike but have signalled that is what their members want - in a vote that exceeds previous teacher polling on pay rise disputes - despite this giving them nothing in return other than safety.

The Government has agreed to have their CMO talk with them about their concerns - tomorrow.

Surely this could and should have happened earlier? With less than a week to go until school starts and most teachers already in class doing prep work the question is - why didn't it?

And if teachers are worried I reckon there is a fair chance more than a handful of parents are worried for their kids as well.

Having a workforce who are informed, supportive and act as ambassadors for what you are trying to do during a pandemic and can share their support and understanding with the kids and parents would seem to be an utter no brainer to me.

But hey - yell away at teachers for actually giving a damn.

You're speaking to someone who has actually installed high level purification HEPA systems as part of their job in HVAC for over 25 years. I know exactly what air filtration can and can't do. I've installed CO2 sensors and air exchange ventilation systems for classrooms without adequate ventilation, that turn on a air replacement system when the CO2 levels reach a certain point. It's literally illegal in this country to have a building that doesn't have an adequate amount of replacement air changes over a given period of time.

HEPA systems are designed to filter out particulates from environments such as clean rooms and surgeries that require purity from dust. They are not designed to filter out viruses.

Why did NSW and Victoria go down the path of useless air filtration systems? Because it's a ******* grift, like everything to do with COVID:

"Donna Green, Associate Professor at the UNSW Climate Change Research Centre, runs Clean Air Schools, an innovative project collecting indoor and outdoor air pollution measurements in schools. This project was developed with the support of UNSW Digital Grid Futures Institute which supports interdisciplinary research and engagement with policymakers."

And you wonder why I don't listen to these clowns.

It's a myth that kids not at school reduces their risk. A controlled situation with the same people 5 days a week per random trips to supermarkets, shopping centres, friends houses, movies. You know those same kids that are gonna spread it so bad from school are still doing swimming, tennis, netball, soccer etc etc lol.

"yep that is still on"
"what about tennis?"
"Oh yeah that's on"
Is this a transcript of discussions with your own kids?

When was the last time you visited a junior primary classroom or a kids party at Timezone or other indoor venue?

For legitimate reasons I mean. With your own kids or as a qualified supervisor?

You're speaking to someone who has actually installed high level purification HEPA systems as part of their job in HVAC for over 25 years. I know exactly what air filtration can and can't do. I've installed CO2 sensors and air exchange ventilation systems for classrooms without adequate ventilation, that turn on a air replacement system when the CO2 levels reach a certain point. It's literally illegal in this country to have a building that doesn't have an adequate amount of replacement air changes over a given period of time.

HEPA systems are designed to filter out particulates from environments such as clean rooms and surgeries that require purity from dust. They are not designed to filter out viruses.

Why did NSW and Victoria go down the path of useless air filtration systems? Because it's a ******* grift, like everything to do with COVID:

"Donna Green, Associate Professor at the UNSW Climate Change Research Centre, runs Clean Air Schools, an innovative project collecting indoor and outdoor air pollution measurements in schools. This project was developed with the support of UNSW Digital Grid Futures Institute which supports interdisciplinary research and engagement with policymakers."

That Janos turns out to be this guy
images (2).jpeg
was a plot twist even I wasn't prepared for

"yep that is still on"
"what about tennis?"
"Oh yeah that's on"
My little grandson’s childcare centre was closed over Christmas. He usually attends a couple of days a week.
Due to the break and other things he didn’t attend for 4 weeks, he went to plenty of places like you mention here. Not a sniffle.
First week back, a group on a different day had a covid positive child and they all had to have a week off.
Second week back, RSV. Off again sick and now has spread it to his mother.
Anyone with young kids would know that viruses and bacteria soread like wildfire in those types of situations.

Last edited:
You're speaking to someone who has actually installed high level purification HEPA systems
You missed the point.

You may be the worlds foremost expert on the ideal filtration and circulation systems in closed environments to reduce the spread of Omicron. You aren't. You're an air con installer - probably a good one. But in either case. So what?

Teachers, parents and students are neither. They just want information, facts and explanations. Including why the standards and protocols for RATs and ventilation systems adopted by the SA government for SA government schools are different to those adopted in other states and even within other SA schools.

The answer isn't to come from air conditioner installers or chemists distributing RAT tests but from SA Health explaining their approach and answering questions.

Seems a pretty reasonable request to me.

Lol

“Everything to do with covid is a grift” hey?”
Well I guess you should know matey, grift is rife in the anti vax, anti mandate community.

That Janos turns out to be this guy
View attachment 1315648
was a plot twist even I wasn't prepared for

His previous role is the troubling part:

1517514912364-thecableguy.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back