Corona virus, Port and the AFL.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Will have to start watching stuff my teenage daughter does, which I've avoided like the plague so far. Or I could start working on worse puns.

Gil heard your pleas :D

Games get time on added for so many things now, I'm not fussed about 16 minutes plus time on. It might get quarters back to less than 30 minutes like the old days when we had 25 minutes plus time on.

I had an acute leukaemia I had to have a bone marrow transplant . I went through intense chemo and radiation to wipe out all my own bone marrow
After my transplant while still in hospital I got pneumonia and that lead to my body shutting down.
I had alot of things go wrong heart attack , septis, kidney liver failure among other things. I was put into an induced coma and had tubes coming out of everywhere you could think off.
They were calling me the miracle boy and when I was able to walk back into ICU to say thankyou that was very special I felt like abit of a dick but they say they love seeing patients coming back in .
I still have side effects the worse being dead nerves in my feet but I should be dead so can't complain. The majority of ICU nurses deserve massive pay rises and are some of the best humans I have ever or will ever meet.
Sorry for rambling on but I could talk all day about my story but don't often talk about it.

I always love seeing patients who I have nursed come back for a visit when they are better. It is a hard And often very thankless profession. I find it ironic that 2020 is the year of the nurse and midwife and we are up to our necks in it already. Hospitals Australia wide have asked their nurses to cancel leave and be available to work extra shifts and be on call. It will continue to get busier on the frontline as we move into winter.

I always love seeing patients who I have nursed come back for a visit when they are better. It is a hard And often very thankless profession. I find it ironic that 2020 is the year of the nurse and midwife and we are up to our necks in it already. Hospitals Australia wide have asked their nurses to cancel leave and be available to work extra shifts and be on call. It will continue to get busier on the frontline as we move into winter.
Yes I saw on the telly 🤪 just now that the Fed Govt is lifting the working restrictions on 20,000 international nurses.
I guess a lot of those would be required in their own countries right now but with borders closing day by day I guess they will stay.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So maybe there is a greater objective here, what if this, is a, trial to a greater, shift. What if they say.... OK. We will keep 16 minute qtrs forever. Start season at beginning of of March and have some midweek games to enable a 34 game season being a, true home and away fixture. Would you take it.... I f*n certainty would
my wife would absolutely love it if I went to 17 home games a year!

The chances of an AFL player dying from this would be minimal.

I wonder if the AFL should have taken the Dutch approach, try and get them infected early, post pone the season and then start it after 6-8 weeks after it's been through all squads. Selective immunity.

The chances of an AFL player dying from this would be minimal.

I wonder if the AFL should have taken the Dutch approach, try and get them infected early, post pone the season and then start it after 6-8 weeks after it's been through all squads. Selective immunity.

Think the issue there is there has also been evidence of reinfection.

Remember when the State Bank disaster hamstrung SA for decades?
That was a drop in the ocean I reckon.
Decades? 1991-99 were s**t. I left for Sydney in early 1992 and noticed the city and state were finally feeling confident and racking up decent economic stats when I came back In August 1999 for a couple of weeks and again at Christmas time.

Just wondering, say we get all the way through the 17 week season uninterrupted by the start of July... Do we then just revert back to 22 weeks plus finals or wrap the season up early?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back