Corona virus, Port and the AFL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there data for length of stay? The % hospitalisations seems high as we're told that most have only mild symptoms.
I can’t find any US data on length of stay. Doctors at my hospital have seen data from China that suggests the length of stay for acute cases is about 20 days.

We’re even in bigger trouble if that turns out to be the case here.

I've written before that a 26% compounding daily rate means we are doubling every 3 days. Oz has been close to that 26%, but just under the last 6 days or so before today.

1072 cases end of last night x 1.26 = 1350. https://twitter.com/COVID_Australia has the current count at 1,316 as at 2.30pm.

Yesterday that twitter site were reporting 45 people have recovered today reporting 69. That's going up the right way.

This graph was either prepared by or copied onto the site of
@Matt_Hopcraft

A/Prof public health dentistry.

Australia currently 1073 cases and doubling about every 3 days. USA doubling about every 2 days. Italy & Iran seems to be slowing down. Singapore increasing a little.

1584852505122.png

I can’t find any US data on length of stay. Doctors at my hospital have seen data from China that suggests the length of stay for acute cases is about 20 days.

We’re even in bigger trouble if that turns out to be the case here.

Hopefully there won't be too many acute cases...

Everyone should be upset, very little good decision making in history has come at the instigation of a panicked mob. The rate of change and decisions being made by government shows they are not in control and not properly thinking through unintended consequences of what they are doing.

Much like the car industry, as soon as you shut down factories, businesses, disrupt supply chains as is being suggested by our two biggest states you can't just flick a switch to turn them on when everything is better. That's why china kept the lights on even during the worst of their crises. We are rapidly launching ourselves into what will effectively be a subsistence economy.

For those of you that have children or are young themselves they will never forgive the older decisions makers for what they are doing right now and trashing their futures.

So many countries rely on the trade and agricultural systems put in place and maintained by the developed world. Now we are all withdrawing in a panic those countries will likely collapse.

Millions will die around the world from famine, war, extreme poverty that will be brought on by the panicked and uncontrolled response of governments.

All this for a disease who's overall mortality is likely to track below 1% and has killed only 13,000 people to date. This has the possibility to be the biggest collective misscalcualtion in human history, since Europe unecessarily stumbled into WW1.
You just keep digging on this, despite literally the WHOLE world being an example of how wrong you are.

Aug 15, 2015
The cockeyed lowlife of the (Southern) Highlands
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
You just keep digging on this, despite literally the WHOLE world being an example of how wrong you are.

Yep, some people just don't know when to change their tune.

I must admit when it started I was thinking it was another SARS or swine flu type situation and being blown way out of proportion. As time went on I realised I was wrong and if anything the world has collectively under-responded and is now playing catch up.

It's looking likely that millions will die, sadly.

Mar 1, 2014
People's Republic of Onkaparinga
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Cronulla Sutherland Sharks
ttps://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-03-22/wa-sa-set-to-close-borders-amid-coronavirus-fight/12079044

Declaring a "major emergency", authorities in Western Australia and South Australia have announced tough new measures that will see both states close their borders to slow the spread of coronavirus.

That is probably why the season will go on hold. I reckon those ten infected US tourists tipped the scales is SA.

Oct 8, 2004
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool
And just on that AFL announcement - we’ve just heard that the 2020 season has been postponed. Clubs have just received the news from AFL.

The suspension is expected to last until at least May 31. It includes AFLW.

Duckimus Prime

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 26, 2008
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Once again, that's not what I asked. It was a simple question. It's like I asked "hey what do I do if I get skin cancer?" And people reply "well you should've thought about that before you went in the sun!"

If anyone has any genuine answers to my question, that'd be great. It's not about me btw, just some people I work with.
The Australian Government cannot prevent entry for Australian citizens. So they'll be able to get back into Australia.

Although that relies on an airline being willing to put on flights, which is pretty doubtful. So the reality is, they'll be stuck where ever they are. This is where the comments about them having plenty of warning come in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back