Corona virus, Port and the AFL.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
[]

This,

People automatically bust your balls if dare question or try and find out/work out s**t yourself...lol

When jumping to conspiracy theories about how it's all a big beatup is "working s**t out for yourself".

]
When jumping to conspiracy theories about how it's all a big beatup is "working s**t out for yourself".
Yeah because that's exactly what I said ....

I said I do not trust the data of deaths therefore corona doesn't exist...

I doubt I ain't the only one that thinks the data is BS ...this isn't a conspiracy or a declaration that corona is BS.

I think the point is (this frustrates me too) is that we don't get a comparison. How many people in Italy at he same age group are we losing normally anyway? so 6000 Corona deaths, but what are the total before and during? Is it similar, 2000 higher etc. That's going to show more of the actual impact, we also have trouble coping with the body count because the funerals homes and stuff aren't able to run like normal either.

At least the good thing out of this one is we should get a much better plan for next time (there'll be a next time) from the local data.

They're getting the virus and then dying and it's overwhelming the system. What more of a break down to you need?

I'm struggling to interpret your post in any other way than "they were old and would have died eventually anyway."

You're definitely not. For example, this lady: https://www.dailykos.com/stories/20...ax-She-is-now-dead-from-her-willful-ignorance

Opining that the data may be flawed because everyone providing it is overworked and in a mad panic is one thing. Implying there's a consistent, concerted effort to skew it with an agenda is quite another. And definitely a conspiracy theory.
I am sorry but if they are putting every death down as carona eg. The infant that reported to have died due to corona but the medical staff suspect it was SIDS that IS skewed data and agenda pushed this is what I am trying to figure out...still does mean I think carona is BS.

They're getting the virus and then dying and it's overwhelming the system. What more of a break down to you need?

I'm struggling to interpret your post in any other way than "they were old and would have died eventually anyway."

Italy has a huge aging population and yes I am saying a lot of the people that are getting it very much were dying anyway but unfortunately died a bit faster but it may not have made any difference at all. We have had people in hospice's in the USA counted as Corona deaths, they are in a hospice.. as Joe Biden would say, come on man!

I think contextually knowing how many are dying on a "usual" week in Italy at this time of year vs this year with Corona is an important measurement. I find it interesting the media doesn't talk about this. We want to know what the actual impact is in places now not when they clean up the data later on to get the true percentage.

I think the point is (this frustrates me too) is that we don't get a comparison. How many people in Italy at he same age group are we losing normally anyway? so 6000 Corona deaths, but what are the total before and during? Is it similar, 2000 higher etc. That's going to show more of the actual impact, we also have trouble coping with the body count because the funerals homes and stuff aren't able to run like normal either.

At least the good thing out of this one is we should get a much better plan for next time (there'll be a next time) from the local data.

I think that video showing the obituaries going from 2 to 10 pages in the space of a month shows the magnitude of the problem pretty well. Volume, and the capacity of the healthcare system to deal with it, is the real issue here. Whether some of these people would’ve died from something else in the weeks/months/years ahead is irrelevant because under normal circumstances they wouldn’t be taking medical staff down with them or making it impossible to care for other patients with unrelated conditions.

You're definitely not. For example, this lady: https://www.dailykos.com/stories/20...ax-She-is-now-dead-from-her-willful-ignorance

Opining that the data may be flawed because everyone providing it is overworked and in a mad panic is one thing. Implying there's a consistent, concerted effort to skew it with an agenda is quite another. And definitely a conspiracy theory.

You just linked some complete misinformation that just proved NEGAN's point about attributing deaths to Coronavirus. Have you actually read the source or looked at the site you linked? * me lol

I am sorry but if they are putting every death down as carona

Why do you think they're doing that?

eg. The infant that reported to have died due to corona but the medical staff suspect it was SIDS that IS skewed data and agenda pushed this is what I am trying to figure out...still does mean I think carona is BS.

Did the infant in question test positive to Corona? Did you know that SIDS is not an actual cause of death per se, but rather a catch-all for various causes partially known and unknown, and is differentially diagnosed?

LOL what? Do you have stats on that? I don't either, by the way, but I do do workforce planning for a major government health contract, and our wards and clinics are absolutely getting smashed.

Don't we have 19 people in hospital for it in the entire state? I'm assuming the government is workforce planning based on the models assumptions that'd we'd be well more flooded by now? Which is fair enough but what are they getting smashed by? People freaking out about testing or what?

I think that video showing the obituaries going from 2 to 10 pages in the space of a month shows the magnitude of the problem pretty well. Volume, and the capacity of the healthcare system to deal with it, is the real issue here. Whether some of these people would’ve died from something else in the weeks/months/years ahead is irrelevant because under normal circumstances they wouldn’t be taking medical staff down with them or making it impossible to care for other patients with unrelated conditions.

No one is arguing that the virus doesn't exist or kill people. We are talking about the real impact of it, which means real data for comparisons. If anything modelling from Italy is looking like a poor choice to make as a comparative one.

You just linked some complete misinformation that just proved NEGAN's point about attributing deaths to Coronavirus.

Well that was little more than a throwaway gag, but... go on. I'm fascinated.

Well that was little more than a throwaway gag, but... go on. I'm fascinated.

Just read it the actual source and find that there's... no source at all except some woman's twitter post. If anything it appears to be a GoFundMe scam attempt but boy that site is full of some full on hate.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I get this Raman it's still doesn't stop me from investigating on what they're reporting or trust the data.

When you say ‘investigate’ do you really mean ‘read blogs and watch YouTube videos’?

’cause there’s a tinge of the ‘spiracy theory in some of your posts.

No one is arguing that the virus doesn't exist or kill people. We are talking about the real impact of it, which means real data for comparisons. If anything modelling from Italy is looking like a poor choice to make as a comparative one.

That’s not what I’m suggesting. You asked about the “real” impact over and above what would usually happen and that’s what I posted.

Some common sense needs to be applied here too rather than getting hung up on specific data points. Would you want to have a heart attack in New York right now? Probably not, because you’d likely get some below par treatment that would significantly decrease your chances of survival.

Luckily for us we’re not at the point where our healthcare system no longer functions properly. Our goal is to keep it that way.

Worried hat the SA Govt isn’t clamping down stronger on travel to country/regional areas this Easter. I’m already seeing families in beach houses in Victor. Not worth risking any further hot spots.

Just read it the actual source and find that there's... no source at all except some woman's twitter post. If anything it appears to be a GoFundMe scam attempt but boy that site is full of some full on hate.

You could be right. I'll wait for Snopes to get on it. But again, it's not material to anything we're talking about since it is at the most a nifty bit of trolling.

That’s not what I’m suggesting. You asked about the “real” impact over and above what would usually happen and that’s what I posted.

Some common sense needs to be applied here too rather than getting hung up on specific data points. Would you want to have a heart attack in New York right now? Probably not, because you’d likely get some below par treatment that would significantly decrease your chances of survival.

Luckily for us we’re not at the point where our healthcare system no longer functions properly. Our goal is to keep it that way.

Well no but I wouldn't want to have one at the best of times. I understand your point and it makes sense to avoid that scenario but when it hasn't happened to most of the world then that's when it's time to start looking at the actual data and get a better handle on what really have instead of everyone preparing for the worst based on Italy which more and more looks unique to them and their neighbours. NYC for example still has capacity after it was expected to run out of ventilators and capacity a couple of weeks back and they built out the central park temporary hospital to put other non COVID patients, didn't Melbourne convert their entertainment centre or something to also prepare for the onslaught of victims etc. People just want to be informed of the actual data that's happening and it's fine to do that and still tell people what we are doing now is very necessary to avert the danger.

it's really not that hard to understand.

Everyone is making daily decisions about the virus and what's best how deal with every situation I want to know accurate impact/information.

You could be right. I'll wait for Snopes to get on it. But again, it's not material to anything we're talking about since it is at the most a nifty bit of trolling.

A self owning troll then if ever there was. Didn't realise people still used Snopes since it was bought by an ad agency.

it's really not that hard too hard to understand.

Everyone is making daily decisions about the virus and what's best how deal with every situation I want to know accurate impact/information.

And "the data is wrong and they're changing it with an agenda" is, for some reason, your starting point.

Worried hat the SA Govt isn’t clamping down stronger on travel to country/regional areas this Easter. I’m already seeing families in beach houses in Victor. Not worth risking any further hot spots.

People are ******* idiots but the SA gov has given completely mixed messages on what they want people to do and not do, all the way down to their own government employees, many of who they have stopped working from home even though there's no reason they can't. Make sense of that one, the head of our gov gives a speech each day about how dangerous this is and that everyone should social distance and stay at home and then keeps all the government employees coming into work each day. Plenty are still going to go on their Easter holidays because of this.

A self owning troll then if ever there was. Didn't realise people still used Snopes since it was bought by an ad agency.

I've not observed a drop in their quality, but again... go on.

And "the data is wrong and they're changing it with an agenda" is, for some reason, your starting point.
After your last link .....I really don't know what else to say to you or take you seriously.

Snopes....gtfo here

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back