Corona virus, Port and the AFL.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If people don't want to inject a foreign substance into their body they have every right not to. ( I don't agree with it but hey they do them)

But I ain't going to bully shame or back them into a corner to follow suit.
Thoughts on un-vaccinated kids mingling in childcares etc?

The vaccine conspiracy theorists are protesting in rundle mall at the moment. Guess we can no longer laugh at the vics.
Correct. We have plenty of morons in our own backyard.

So what you are telling me is the vaccine I put into my son doesn't work against unvaccinated humans who may or may not get sick....what a s**t vaccine ...

Kids get sick mate it happens I don't care ( about unvaccinated kids)

Last edited:

The vaccine conspiracy theorists are protesting in rundle mall at the moment. Guess we can no longer laugh at the vics.
No wonder really with those conspiracy theories multiplying on social media.
....to name a few...

China’s plan to take over the world by creating and releasing this virus

A big plot of anonymous powerful American billionaires to control the whole world utilising the mainstream media and Hollywood to do so

Bill Gates trying to inject us with something controlling and sinister. The antichrist stamping us with 999.

5G plotting to lower our immunity and spread Covid 19

Mass murders by various governments, including Western ones, and covering them up as covid deaths.

Pete Evans also has totally lost the plot.

If people want conspiracy theories there are so many out there to pass the time with and enough gullible people to believe them. It gives them a sense of control I guess n a world right now where we have a virus against which we have little control

75E11884-8504-42E7-B828-7439407A942C.jpeg

It could affect babies too young to be vaccinated.

But people have been getting sick from day dot, we haven't had any of these worries until now, none of our parents worry about it we didn't as kids ....

I am pretty sure in the history of pregnancies older brothers and sisters have gotten sick while the mother was pregnant.

Kids get sick people get sick, it what our body does. It's natural.

I get the vaccine because I see the benifits other don't ...I am sorry I won't be apart of the bullying behaviour towards people who are against vaccines.

No wonder really with those conspiracy theories multiplying on social media.
....to name a few...

China’s plan to take over the world by creating and releasing this virus

A big plot of anonymous powerful American billionaires to control the whole world utilising the mainstream media and Hollywood to do so

Bill Gates trying to inject us with something controlling and sinister. The antichrist stamping us with 999.

5G plotting to lower our immunity and spread Covid 19

Mass murders by various governments, including Western ones, and covering them up as covid deaths.

Pete Evans also has totally lost the plot.

If people want conspiracy theories there are so many out there to pass the time with and enough gullible people to believe them. It gives them a sense of control I guess n a world right now where we have a virus against which we have little control

View attachment 874373

New conspiracy theory:

Tanning beds cause delusion and mental *ation.

Evidence: donald dump, Pete Evans, James Hird

Orange skin is a mental disease

If people don't want to inject a foreign substance into their body they have every right not to. ( I don't agree with it but hey they do them)

They still have that right. They are just some consequences if they choose not to.

Perfectly fine for those child who are medically unable to get vaccinated. Everyone else should be vaccinated in order to help protect those kids from getting preventable diseases.

They still have that right. They are just some consequences if they choose not to.

Perfectly fine for those child who are medically unable to get vaccinated. Everyone else should be vaccinated in order to help protect those kids from getting preventable diseases.
Mate you know the consequences the bullying the labels the dictatorship is bullshit.

But people have been getting sick from day dot, we haven't had any of these worries until now, none of our parents worry about it we didn't as kids ....
Older generations just got vaccinated based on the advice of medical experts. They didn't have morons spouting 'knowledge' that they'd read on a facebook page and telling people to "do the research".

Thats why we have these worries now, its much easier for idiots to spread misinformation.

Andrews wont cancel the AFL season just like Gladys and Anastacia wont cancel the NRL season and their states have 364 and 44 community transmission cases respectively.

WA and SA premiers and CMO's dont have as much faither in their health system as the 3 bigger states.

It isn't entirely up to Kevin Andrews as under the emergency provisions of the Biosecurity Act 2015 the Federal Health Minister, Greg Hunt has the power to cancel the AFL or the NRL season if he considers there is sufficient risk to public health. He simply bans the movement of players.

Under the declaration, sweeping powers become available to Health Minister Greg Hunt including imposing restrictions or preventing the movement of people and goods between specified places and evacuations.

I am not saying Greg Hunt will do that but I am saying the decision does not rest entirely with Daniel Andrews. Hunt would have to get an extension to the current declared emergency which only lasts for three months but as Morrison keeps talking about six months that is probably going to happen anyway. I do think that if one AFL player were to test positive at any stage that would be it. This is not Germany and I do not think Hunt or the AFL would continue playing knowing there is a risk of spreading the infection among the players and their families.

The Premiers of SA and WA probably think, with some justification, that their health systems have done a pretty good job at this stage and they do not want to risk undoing the good work. I can understand that and I can understand that they want to proceed with caution but I think the SA Government will work out a protocol with the AFL that will offer maximum protection to Port and Crows players. The only problem I have is that Melbourne based players will be moving freely around Melbourne which puts them at risk and if they are at risk so are our guys.

That said the Victorians will hopefully get the current situation under control within the next month but it will not want to get any worse.

So what you are telling me is the vaccine I put into my son doesn't work against unvaccinated humans who may or may not get sick....what a s**t vaccine ...

Kids get sick mate it happens I don't care ( about unvaccinated kids)
The one in your son does, if you don’t get your done vaccinated it’s doesn’t.
What a great vaccine!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Get the Fire Brigade out and hose these idiots off the street.

So if we get a COVID-19 vaccine these dickheads will refuse to take it?

The moon has to be full why else would all the loonies be on the streets? Oh, I forgot about social media the full moon of the 21st century. :oops:

Older generations just got vaccinated based on the advice of medical experts. They didn't have morons spouting 'knowledge' that they'd read on a facebook page and telling people to "do the research".

Thats why we have these worries now, its much easier for idiots to spread misinformation.
1. experts can be full of s**t too eg.dank
2. It's up to the individual to decide what's best for their family not us...

But My sole point is I am not going to be part of this dictatorship towards what people choose to put in their bodies.

It isn't entirely up to Kevin Andrews as under the emergency provisions of the Biosecurity Act 2015 the Federal Health Minister, Greg Hunt has the power to cancel the AFL or the NRL season if he considers there is sufficient risk to public health. He simply bans the movement of players.

Under the declaration, sweeping powers become available to Health Minister Greg Hunt including imposing restrictions or preventing the movement of people and goods between specified places and evacuations.

My understanding of that act is that only gives the power to the federal health minister to act in relation to biosecurity matters where animals, pests, weeds, humans contact etc is in jeopardy for health reasons because of movement of said matters is from overseas into Australia or in relation to Australian exported products.

Hunt can't use the biosecurity act to shutdown the RAH if it didn't have any disease brought in from O'S, say golden staff, but the SA health minister could. No idea if 1 or 1,000 patients with Covid at the RAH changes things.

My understanding of that act is that only gives the power to the federal health minister to act in relation to biosecurity matters where animals, pests, weeds, humans contact etc is in jeopardy for health reasons because of movement of said matters is from overseas into Australia or in relation to Australian exported products.

Hunt can't use the biosecurity act to shutdown the RAH if it didn't have any disease brought in from O'S, say golden staff, but the SA health minister could. No idea if 1 or 1,000 patients with Covid at the RAH changes things.

That was the old Quarantine Act, the 2015 Biosecurity Act is an updated version and gives Greg Hunt considerable power. George Williams, The Dean of Law at Uni of NSW was explaining Hunt's powers under the Act in an ABC interview and he described him as the 'most powerful man in Australia'. I may have posted a link to the interview but it would be around 200 pages back. George Williams makes similar comments in the link below.

The bit that is of interest is this,

The dean of the law faculty at the University of New South Wales, George Williams, said: “You can’t get much more extensive than that. I mean, it’s largely unchecked unfettered power that now resides in the federal health minister, and that shows the gravity of the situation.

As I posted I can't see Hunt doing anything as it would be political suicide in Victoria.

Excess deaths are a good way of estimating the exent of under-reporting of COVID-19 deaths. True for New York but especially true for India, Brazil, Russia, countries in Africa etc, where you know reporting will be crappy.
It’s the only way.

That was the old Quarantine Act, the 2015 Biosecurity Act is an updated version and gives Greg Hunt considerable power. George Williams, The Dean of Law at Uni of NSW was explaining Hunt's powers under the Act in an ABC interview and he described him as the 'most powerful man in Australia'. I may have posted a link to the interview but it would be around 200 pages back. George Williams makes similar comments in the link below.

The bit that is of interest is this,

The dean of the law faculty at the University of New South Wales, George Williams, said: “You can’t get much more extensive than that. I mean, it’s largely unchecked unfettered power that now resides in the federal health minister, and that shows the gravity of the situation.

As I posted I can't see Hunt doing anything as it would be political suicide in Victoria.
This will be my last comment on this but there is this 1 restriction on the minister. From the Parliament of Australia website and the Parliamentary Library section that has articles on legislation. This one is a good explanation of the orders signed by the GG under the act in March.

Limitations on human biosecurity emergency powers
The Biosecurity Act recognises the federal nature of government in Australia and subsection 478(5) places limits on interference with state and territory bodies and officials:

A direction must not be given under subsection (1) to an officer or employee of a State, Territory or State or Territory body unless the direction is in accordance with an agreement between the Commonwealth and the State, Territory or body.

There is an intergovernmental agreement for National Partnership on COVID-19 Response.

So, as you said, I think things would have to get pretty bad for Hunt to override the states he thinks are doing the wrong thing or performing poorly.

Sure they can refuse it. And the rest of society can refuse to let them interact with them in a place of work or school.

Boneheaded people like these are the reason Polio and Measles are not wiped out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back