Corona virus, Port and the AFL.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So now at 14 days with 0's since 23rd April then an immigrant tests positive on 7th May, now 7 in days in a row of 0's.

I get not allowing the AFL move, but FMD we can't shift moving from 10 to 20 people by 3 days because Spurrier and co. think we are juvenile and will not act properly over a long weekend? No booze at a restaurant of only 10 because we might get pissed?

WA is moving to 20 people on 25th May a full 2 weeks before federal June 8th step 2 date and they don't have as good a record as SA. They started their run of 0's on 29th April.

Spurrier and co. aren't going to budge from June 8th move to Step 2 date. We could go effectively from 23rd April to 30th June ie 67 days with only 1 case from an immigrant and they will go no, no, no we can't go to Step 3 (ie gatherings of 100) before the designated 6th July date.

SA did a good job getting things to unbelievably low levels. Don't treat us like children. Nobody is asking to be allowed to go to be part of 5,000 or 20,000 or 50,000 crowd and every business is opened up with no social distancing. Look at what happens on public transport. If its good enough for WA to go to gatherings of 10 to 20 on 25th May, and serve booze with a meal then its good enough for SA. Stop the nanny state bullshit.

Last edited:
He's been doing weekly in studio appearances on footy classified. With a fortnight quarantine either way how is that possible?
This is what I think the time line is. We would have had 8 rounds of footy up to last Sunday. Dates are Friday to Sunday. I checked on Footy SA twitter and Vic Health site.

Rd 1 20-22 March - no travel restriction, flys back to Adelaide

Rd 2 27-30 March - SA closes borders and introduces quarantine on 24th March, looks like Vic will do same thing so Kornes jumps in car to drive to Melbourne to avoid expected Vic 14 day quarantine. Never introduced for people crossing borders but does apply to international travellers flying into Victoria from the 27th. Does Sunday Footy show and Footy SA on Monday 31st.

Rd 3 3-5 April In Melb never went into quarantine

Rd 4 10-12 April drives back to SA after Monday show on 6th - Monday night in quarantine from home in Glenelg. Sam Edmunds hosts.
Rd 5 17-19 Monday night from home in Glenelg Sam Edmunds hosts.

Rd 6 to 8 is back in Vic no quarantine

Last edited:
Marshall needs to show he's pro-jobs. I'd expect to see more pushing from the government to open things up now that we effectively have zero active cases. That one guy has had the virus for weeks now, didn't spread it and must surely be close to being recovered.

I don't think he is classified as working in an exempt service/industry

When he crossed over to Victoria in March he had to go into 14 day quarantine in Victoria, and then when he came back to SA he had to go into 14 days quarantine in SA - as a resident of SA he didn't need an exemption to re enter. My understanding is that Victoria have dropped the 14 day quarantine regulation for interstaters and that's why when he went back to Vic he didn't need to quarantine this time.

What’s the point of isolating when he’s sleeping with his wife & in close contact with kids. Makes zero sense. Isolation should mean in contact with no one for 14 days.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

What’s the point of isolating when he’s sleeping with his wife & in close contact with kids. Makes zero sense. Isolation should mean in contact with no one for 14 days.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
It just isn't practical but you can certainly argue his wife and kids should have had to quarantine as well with him.

When I was tested and quarantined my partner didn't have to quarantine as long as she didn't show symptoms according to the official paperwork I was given at the test.

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using Tapatalk

I think sa can now say we have eradicated the virus from the community. It won’t matter if you all hug each other you won’t catch no ones got it..and as long as we keep the border shut it won’t come in. There’s no reason for social distancing in sa at the moment.
The border is leaky. People have exemptions and come in and out without quarantining. 28,000 entered the state in April after the borders were shut on 24th March. Got to open up the borders at some point.

It ain't over till its over. That means a vaccine found or bloody strong viral suppressant drugs discovered.

For general sports.

I rang the info line today to see whether scratch matches / match simulation with 10 people could be considered as training for cricket, however the operator couldn't find any info on that. In one sense it could be considered training as it's not a formal match, however matches per se are banned under the latest rules: "At present, only outdoor training activities can recommence; matches or competitions as well as indoor sports remain prohibited for now". https://www.covid-19.sa.gov.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0008/196640/Sports-Step-1-Fact-Sheet-v2.pdf. He suggested looking up association info for guidance, however I couldn't find anything much about COVID-19 on the Adelaide and Suburban Cricket Association, Cricket Australia or SACA websites. I guess they're taking their time putting guidelines together as it's a long time before cricket season, however there are teams that do play through Winter (in the Park Lands for example). This was a dilemma for me as my son wanted to play in a scratch match this weekend (10 on the field at any one time: 8 fielders, 2 batsmen). Thankfully he has decided not to play, and I would have forbidden him to do so anyway without clear advice from the state government - I don't want to have to pay a hefty fine!

So now at 14 days with 0's since 23rd April then an immigrant tests positive on 7th May, now 7 in days in a row of 0's.

I get not allowing the AFL move, but FMD we can't shift moving from 10 to 20 people by 3 days because Spurrier and co. think we are juvenile and will not act properly over a long weekend? No booze at a restaurant of only 10 because we might get pissed?

WA is moving to 20 people on 25th May a full 2 weeks before federal June 8th step 2 date and they don't have as good a record as SA. They started their run of 0's on 29th April.

Spurrier and co. aren't going to budge from June 8th move to Step 2 date. We could go effectively from 23rd April to 30th June ie 67 days with only 1 case from an immigrant and they will go no, no, no we can't go to Step 3 (ie gatherings of 100) before the designated 6th July date.

SA did a good job getting things to unbelievably low levels. Don't treat us like children. Nobody is asking to be allowed to go to be part of 5,000 or 20,000 or 50,000 crowd and every business is opened up with no social distancing. Look at what happens on public transport. If its good enough for WA to go to gatherings of 10 to 20 on 25th May, and serve booze with a meal then it good enough for SA. Stop the nanny state bullshit.

Apparently the DNA of the covid virus survives for up to 70 days in the human body. An individual is only contagious for for around 10 days, 2 prior to symptoms and 8 post symptoms.

Apparently the DNA of the covid virus survives for up to 70 days in the human body. An individual is only contagious for for around 10 days, 2 prior to symptoms and 8 post symptoms.
Sprurrier at one of her pressers, think when we hit 14 consecutive ZEROs, said 28 days of ZERO new cases is the WHO's recommendation - a scientific one, not an administrative political correctness one - ie 2 incubation periods, to say you have eradicated it from a geographical area, if no one new enters that area.

I rang the info line today to see whether scratch matches / match simulation with 10 people could be considered as training for cricket, however the operator couldn't find any info on that. In one sense it could be considered training as it's not a formal match, however matches per se are banned under the latest rules: "At present, only outdoor training activities can recommence; matches or competitions as well as indoor sports remain prohibited for now". https://www.covid-19.sa.gov.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0008/196640/Sports-Step-1-Fact-Sheet-v2.pdf. He suggested looking up association info for guidance, however I couldn't find anything much about COVID-19 on the Adelaide and Suburban Cricket Association, Cricket Australia or SACA websites. I guess they're taking their time putting guidelines together as it's a long time before cricket season, however there are teams that do play through Winter (in the Park Lands for example). This was a dilemma for me as my son wanted to play in a scratch match this weekend (10 on the field at any one time: 8 fielders, 2 batsmen). Thankfully he has decided not to play, and I would have forbidden him to do so anyway without clear advice from the state government - I don't want to have to pay a hefty fine!
Maybe its worth printing this AIS Framework for Rebooting Sport in a Covid-19 Environment document along with the graphic in the above tweet I posted that you quoted and have it ready to show any authorities.

This is the document the PM, the CMO, the National Cabinet and the Australian Health Protection Principal Committee AHPPC - the committee of national, state and territoroes CMO's and deputy CMO's and is the key decision making committee for health emergencies - and directing policy at the moment. They commissioned the AIS to produce this document to return to sport. The only difference is that different states with introduce level B and level C at different times.

Sprurrier at one of her pressers, think when we hit 14 consecutive ZEROs, said 28 days of ZERO new cases is the WHO's recommendation - a scientific one, not an administrative political correctness one - ie 2 incubation periods, to say you have eradicated it from a geographical area, if no one new enters that area.

Yes, it is 2 full virus cycles. The guy that test positive was not infective, hence why none of his close contacts in isolation have ended up being infected.

Maybe its worth printing this AIS Framework for Rebooting Sport in a Covid-19 Environment document along with the graphic in the above tweet I posted that you quoted and have it ready to show any authorities.

This is the document the PM, the CMO, the National Cabinet and the Australian Health Protection Principal Committee AHPPC - the committee of national, state and territoroes CMO's and deputy CMO's and is the key decision making committee for health emergencies - and directing policy at the moment. They commissioned the AIS to produce this document to return to sport. The only difference is that different states with introduce level B and level C at different times.

Cheers. Yeah - the operator did look this up (& I did at the same time), but it also didn't specifically cover practice/scratch matches for the current restrictions (Level B equivalent) as such. I think it's safe to say playing a match of any sort at the moment could result in a visit from the police!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That article about Spurier not wanting to bring it forward 3 days is insane.

We should be in Stage 2 by the end of next week at the latest. To think we're going to have to wait another 2 and a half weeks after that is crazy.

We could well hit 46 days with only 1 case when we finally go to stage 2. How many businesses will be crippled by those extra couple weeks of no income, how many will go further into debt and or bankrupt? It's friggin insane.

We've done a magnificent job at basically stage 1 now for months. Time to loosen the belt with all our controls in place and give us some freedom.

******* unbelievable.

Glenelg FC President Peter Carey has plans to kick start the SANFL season at Adelaide Oval with games in front of 7000 fans. Carey wants fans ushered into the Adelaide Oval at one end of the ground and ushered out at the other.

and all this is to happen next month.

Colour me shocked!

I don't agree with Sweden's approach to dealing with the pandemic.

Yes, it is true that Sweden is an open economy reliant on what happens in other countries. Their strategy may have been more successful if their economy was more closed and self-reliant.

However technically, if Sweden's economy is stronger right now than many other countries in Europe, then all European countries economies fall at the same rate, that would still mean Sweden's economy is still stronger comparatively.

Anyway, what I take from that article is that no-one is really going to be able to objectively assess Sweden's strategy for another year or so because there are just too many unknown variables at this point in time.

I really hope the knock on effect of what the world has put in place doesn't take its toll like this.

I really feel for 3rd world countries right now.

Murdoch press "lockdown bad" article. He's pumping them out like crazy now to try to turn people against restrictions. News.com.au and fox news on a roll of "think of da economy".

I think sa can now say we have eradicated the virus from the community. It won’t matter if you all hug each other you won’t catch no ones got it..and as long as we keep the border shut it won’t come in. There’s no reason for social distancing in sa at the moment.
Even if the virus was completely eradicated, I'd still rather that people keep their distance. Too many people have no concept of personal space.

The Federal Government is warning Australians that it is too early to book cruises.

Apparently some tour operators are taking bookings for September cruises.

If the Federal Government is serious and the National Cabinet is more than a paper tiger why not ban all cruise ship from Australian waters?

Who would be stupid enough to book a cruise in September anyway? It will only take one infected crew member for the Ruby Princess to happen all over again.

******* unbelievable.

Glenelg FC President Peter Carey has plans to kick start the SANFL season at Adelaide Oval with games in front of 7000 fans. Carey wants fans ushered into the Adelaide Oval at one end of the ground and ushered out at the other.

and all this is to happen next month.
Any crowd to start with (let alone 7,000) is ridiculously optimistic, however practicing COVID-19 restrictions crowd management at Adelaide Oval via SANFL games would be of benefit for AFL games if/when they return this year or next.

Murdoch press "lockdown bad" article. He's pumping them out like crazy now to try to turn people against restrictions. News.com.au and fox news on a roll of "think of da economy".

Reading Murdoch Fox News each morning is amazing, what a strange the USA is. They will shooting each other soon...

NSW records 8 new cases overnight just as Glad the Impaler starts to lift restrictions. That is 18 new cases in three days in NSW and the pubs are opening up.

In SA it is the opposite we have one new case in over 3 weeks and can only get the RSL Halls and Swimming Pools open.

I suppose the advantage of being in SA is when the restrictions are eased it may be a meaningful exercise and not the ridiculously unworkable numbers Berejiklian has arrived at.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back