Health Coronavirus 2020 / Worldwide (Stats live update in OP) Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

hqdefault.jpg

EDIT: Had a new case confirmed this arvo. Fudge.
EDIT EDIT: Travelled here from Victoria. Typical Vics.

Last edited:

0 dear ! A Kuwati sheep ship with 48 crew was given permission by the Federal authoritys to dock in Fremantle on friday.A Fremantle port authority worker raised the alarm on sunday and so far 6 Kuwaitie crew members have tested positive with more to come.Another ship federal stuff up ie Ruby Princess,Artania style.

Last edited:
But at least we will be kissing goodbye to 2020......And wishing it never ever comes back.

What we are living now will be the new reality for years .I was a bit depressed about the realization after a few conversations with seriously good money people yesterday.Nobody has a better grasp of the reality then the top investment types in this world .A vaccine isnt coming anytime soon if ever and international infections will be a constant threat and a constant occurance no matter how well we deal with it domestically in Australia.

What we are living now will be the new reality for years .I was a bit depressed about the realization after a few conversations with seriously good money people yesterday.Nobody has a better grasp of the reality then the top investment types in this world .A vaccine isnt coming anytime soon if ever and international infections will be a constant threat and a constant occurance no matter how well we deal with it domestically in Australia.
International travel would be off the cards for a bit. Locally it will be back to normal first. Even with a vaccine it's still going to flare up.
Giving a few billion people a jab for it is no easy task.

International travel would be off the cards for a bit. Locally it will be back to normal first. Even with a vaccine it's still going to flare up.
Giving a few billion people a jab for it is no easy task.

We just had confirmation of an international cargo ship with positive cases getting the ok to dock in Fremantle today from the feds.The crew reported themselves to the feds amd the feds gave them the ok to dock anyway.with no checks.That sort of thing depresses me.Its *in hopeless..I know that in March international cargo ship crewmen were still entering Fremantle and shops as they liked.They are not supposed to but its always happened.Hopefully this covid positive crew are more responsibly minded then most.
A vaccine is not a realistic possibility in the next few years .Someone somewhere said at least 12 to 18 months away and the media ran with it and most want to believe a vaccine can be fast tracked.People who know about such things say thats very unlikely.
I am forseeing a cycle where restictions get rolled back case numbers increase restiction become a bit harsher cases numbers drop etc going on for years and years.

We just had confirmation of an international cargo ship with positive cases getting the ok to dock in Fremantle today from the feds.The crew reported themselves to the feds amd the feds gave them the ok to dock anyway.with no checks.That sort of thing depresses me.Its fu**in hopeless..I know that in March international cargo ship crewmen were still entering Fremantle and shops as they liked.They are not supposed to but its always happened.Hopefully this covid positive crew are more responsibly minded then most.
A vaccine is not a realistic possibility in the next few years .Someone somewhere said at least 12 to 18 months away and the media ran with it and most want to believe a vaccine can be fast tracked.People who know about such things say thats very unlikely.
I am forseeing a cycle where restictions get rolled back case numbers increase restiction become a bit harsher cases numbers drop etc going on for years and years.
I've seen plenty of people who know about such things who think it's reasonably likely. Nobody really knows how likely, but substantially more work is going into this than most other viruses in history, and it doesn't seem to have the same barriers to a vaccine (high shielding and mutation rate) as AIDS did for example.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've seen plenty of people who know about such things who think it's reasonably likely. Nobody really knows how likely, but substantially more work is going into this than most other viruses in history, and it doesn't seem to have the same barriers to a vaccine (high shielding and mutation rate) as AIDS did for example.

Thats called wishful thinking brother .

Last edited:
The company you own made money, so it paid tax at the company rate. That tax liability falls to you if they haven't paid the tax. These tax chains eventually land with an individual.
It's been a while since I prepared a SMSF return, so forgive me if the rules have (no doubt) changed, but we would have wealthy clients, with substantial SMSF balances, in full pension mode, paying zero tax within the fund, drawing a large tax-free pension and getting an annual $25,000+ refund in franking credits.

This was all part of their investment strategy and sure - they had paid contributions tax, investment earnings tax and marginal tax before retirement. And they were funding their own retirement.

I cbf getting into the class politics of it all - but I remember asking myself - is this really the imputation system working as intended?

I then perished the thought and billed them $5k for the pleasure.

Last edited:
It's been a while since I prepared a SMSF return, so forgive me if the rules have (no doubt) changed, but we would have wealthy clients, with substantial SMSF balances, in full pension mode, paying zero tax within the fund, drawing a large tax-free pension and getting an annual $25,000+ refund in franking credits.

This was all part of their investment strategy and sure - they had paid contributions tax, investment earnings tax and marginal tax before retirement. And they were funding their own retirement.

I cbf getting into the class politics of it all - but I remember asking myself - is this really the imputation system working as intended?

I then perished the thought and billed them $5k for the pleasure.
That was the intention, when they have all of that and draw a pension still it's outside the spirit of the system.

Super is supposed to remove the dependency on the pension, the health care card, public health system etc.

The cynic in me thinks it was a great little boost to the stock market when it came in but if the goal is to have people saving to fund their own lifestyles in their longer retirements then it's working.

Just like if I wanted to boost the market now I'd float the idea of removing franking credit refunds on all shares purchased after June 30th. Watch those bluechips soar.

That was the intention, when they have all of that and draw a pension still it's outside the spirit of the system.

Super is supposed to remove the dependency on the pension, the health care card, public health system etc.

The cynic in me thinks it was a great little boost to the stock market when it came in but if the goal is to have people saving to fund their own lifestyles in their longer retirements then it's working.
If proponents want to argue that keeping this carrot to self-retirees (and encourage future self-retirees) is in the best interests of the country for the reason you state, I say go for it! Preach it from the rooftops!

Let's just drop the pretension that it's all just part of the invisible hand - with its perfectly fair and equal imputation system - ensuring that every dollar earned is taxed fairly - when in actuality - its a specific policy aim that results in a pretty sweet free-kick to the recipients due to the quirky interplay between marginal individual taxation and superannuation tax laws.

If proponents want to argue that keeping this carrot to self-retirees (and encourage future self-retirees) is in the best interests of the country for the reason you state, I say go for it! Preach it from the rooftops!

Let's just drop the pretension that it's all just part of the invisible hand - with its perfectly fair and equal imputation system - ensuring that every dollar earned is taxed fairly - when in actuality - its a specific policy aim that results in a pretty sweet free-kick to the recipients due to the quirky interplay between marginal individual taxation and superannuation tax laws.

It might be easier if everyone was treated like a business and taxed at a flat 30% but the big winners there would be high income earners.

We just had confirmation of an international cargo ship with positive cases getting the ok to dock in Fremantle today from the feds.The crew reported themselves to the feds amd the feds gave them the ok to dock anyway.with no checks.That sort of thing depresses me.Its fu**in hopeless..I know that in March international cargo ship crewmen were still entering Fremantle and shops as they liked.They are not supposed to but its always happened.Hopefully this covid positive crew are more responsibly minded then most.
No crew have come off. It’s been shutdown offshore. This is not the Ruby Princess cluster* where thousands wandered free.

Human vaccine trials have just begun in Australia, not the first country to do so and the amount of funds being poured into finding a vaccine around the world is thousands of times more than any previous coronavirus.

The paranoid way all the premiers are acting is destroying our economy but killing any chance covid had of running rampant.

We were able to defeat covid when we didn’t know what the * we were dealing with. In the extremely unlikely event it flares up again, we’ll smash it so much quicker next time cos we know what to do.

No crew have come off. It’s been shutdown offshore. This is not the Ruby Princess clusterfu** where thousands wandered free.

Human vaccine trials have just begun in Australia, not the first country to do so and the amount of funds being poured into finding a vaccine around the world is thousands of times more than any previous coronavirus.

The paranoid way all the premiers are acting is destroying our economy but killing any chance covid had of running rampant.

We were able to defeat covid when we didn’t know what the fu** we were dealing with. In the extremely unlikely event it flares up again, we’ll smash it so much quicker next time cos we know what to do.

Terrific stuff poor economy silly premiers.

I wonder why the federal authoritys didn't bother telling the chappie from Perth stearing the ship into the port anything about probable cases on the ship.

There will be lots of reserchers doing great work getting great funding getting extremly promising results on a vaccine for years and years for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back