Health Coronavirus 2020 / Worldwide (Stats live update in OP) Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah eradication is absolutely a moronic goal atm, I think once this lockdown ends and they stabilize it you gotta keep public gathering like restaurants, pubs still to take away and just let people gather in homes up to 5 people at least tracing is easily manageable with that arrangement

economy is ****ed anyways, restaurants serving 20 people is not feasible anyways and they will just have to adapt to take away

u can’t trace this when randoms are picking it up at a pub and bumping into 50-100 people, that’s how we have got in this situation now

That seems the only way to keep the peace with aussies for now and buy time, people aren’t gonna stay home again for a further 6 weeks without seeing loved ones

If lockdowns extend beyond this current stanza I reckon there will be anti lockdown protests
100% and I will join them

they ****ed this up once which is fair enough in a sense given these bizarre times, but they gotta have a plan in place this time for when breakouts happen.

Fool people once, you can’t do it twice

they f’ed this up once which is fair enough in a sense given these bizarre times, but they gotta have a plan in place this time for when breakouts happen.

They've had 6 months to sure up hospitals, PPE and protective measures for the aged, ill and people with disability. I've supported the first two. I'm on the no more lockdowns team now.

they f’ed this up once which is fair enough in a sense given these bizarre times, but they gotta have a plan in place this time for when breakouts happen.

Reckon an anti lockdown protest will be bigger than black lives matter. You can see/feel people are having enough. The only thing that may limit numbers is the apparent second wave was caused by BLM protest. If anti lockdown protest numbers dwarf BLM, the third wave may well be more of a tsunami

Reckon an anti lockdown protest will be bigger than black lives matter. You can see/feel people are having enough. The only thing that may limit numbers is the apparent second wave was caused by BLM protest. If anti lockdown protest numbers dwarf BLM, the third wave may well be more of a tsunami
At the end of the day people just wanna see friends and family, they gotta ensure people can do that. Who gives a * if u can’t sit in a restaurant or have a beer at a pub ffs

If that’s people’s biggest concerns they have learnt nothing over the last 3 months and what’s important

I more than anyone wanna go to a pub and get pissed, but I can live without that for now

Glad to hear some of you are waking up to the nonsense.
Gatherings with loved ones at your home are banned...but by all means, catch a packed train to work tomorrow with strangers.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gatherings with loved ones at your home are banned...but by all means, catch a packed train to work tomorrow with strangers.

But thats what the governments want, people going to work and getting the economy moving

But thats what the governments want, people going to work and getting the economy moving
Economy is ****ed anyways and trains are dead anyways.

They gotta limit any form of unnecessary public gathering for starters

restaurants, pubs should be all of the cards for now.

let 5 people in a row and see if that doesn’t see this skyrocket like it did before

So, to be clear, were you or weren't you in favour of the initial round of restrictions?

I am quite okay with loosening of restrictions now that we are much better equipped, trained and able to do things like contact tracing, localised lockdowns and strict control of state borders. Like most other issues, there is nuance and shades of grey.

Yeah eradication is absolutely a moronic goal atm, I think once this lockdown ends and they stabilize it you gotta keep public gathering like restaurants, pubs still to take away and just let people gather in homes up to 5 people at least tracing is easily manageable with that arrangement

economy is f’ed anyways, restaurants serving 20 people is not feasible anyways and they will just have to adapt to take away

u can’t trace this when randoms are picking it up at a pub and bumping into 50-100 people, that’s how we have got in this situation now

That seems the only way to keep the peace with aussies for now and buy time, people aren’t gonna stay home again for a further 6 weeks without seeing loved ones

I'm sorry but Western Australia has all restaurants allowing dine in, no 20 person limit for anything (including family gatherings), pubs doing good business, and soon we will be having 30,000 people at Optus Stadium on Thursday night and on Sunday. This is only possible when there has been zero community transmission for months, and arguably possible because of hard borders. I am empathetic to the plight of Victoria (and soon to be NSW) but why would you subject WA to the same limitations that you are currently enduring in Melbourne?

At the end of the day people just wanna see friends and family, they gotta ensure people can do that. Who gives a fu** if u can’t sit in a restaurant or have a beer at a pub ffs

If that’s people’s biggest concerns they have learnt nothing over the last 3 months and what’s important

I more than anyone wanna go to a pub and get pissed, but I can live without that for now
I'm sure you grandma will be thrilled when everyone rocks up at her place with the reaper.

Never knew so many people were such pussies. If you lost your job I 100% empathise with you, but if you can't go 6 weeks without seeing close family/friends you have lived some sheltered existence.

Victoria - 200ish new cases

Florida - Hold my beer.

This is a joke, we need to learn to live with this virus like we do with many others. It's not going to miraculously just go away.
If you can get rid of it here you can return to normal then you just have to learn how to manage the borders when you re open

Economy is f’ed anyways and trains are dead anyways.

They gotta limit any form of unnecessary public gathering for starters

restaurants, pubs should be all of the cards for now.

let 5 people in a row and see if that doesn’t see this skyrocket like it did before

I thought the trains were packed according to some poster accounts here

So, to be clear, were you or weren't you in favour of the initial round of restrictions?

I am quite okay with loosening of restrictions now that we are much better equipped, trained and able to do things like contact tracing, localised lockdowns and strict control of state borders. Like most other issues, there is nuance and shades of grey.

I'm sorry but Western Australia has all restaurants allowing dine in, no 20 person limit for anything (including family gatherings), pubs doing good business, and soon we will be having 30,000 people at Optus Stadium on Thursday night and on Sunday. This is only possible when there has been zero community transmission for months, and arguably possible because of hard borders. I am empathetic to the plight of Victoria (and soon to be NSW) but why would you subject WA to the same limitations that you are currently enduring in Melbourne?
Ur a different kettle of fish mate I’m talking about VIC

I'm sure you grandma will be thrilled when everyone rocks up at her place with the reaper.

Never knew so many people were such pussies. If you lost your job I 100% empathise with you, but if you can't go 6 weeks without seeing close family/friends you have lived some sheltered existence.
My dad lives in Victoria and so does my family and most of my friends
I see them every 5 or so years damn virus locking me down

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back