Health Coronavirus 2020 / Worldwide (Stats live update in OP) Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
+270

fu**

Yeh, they expect these type of figures for probably the rest of this week, due to the increased, targeted testing that took place 2 weeks ago.
Should start to see a decrease next week as the effect of the first postcode lockdowns kick in and thereafter, the metro lockdown.

Keep in mind, they are not reporting recovery numbers anywhere near as diligently or urgently either.
66 recoveries today to go alongside that new case increase, so whilst we are seeing huge new case numbers, records of them, we are equally seeing record numbers of recoveries too.

We've gone to no one on ventilators to 21 in the last couple of weeks

We've had 5 people die since this outbreak started.

They are expecting the number of people getting treated in hospital to keep going up as there is a lag between getting diagnosed, getting into hospital going into ICU and ending up on a ventilator if you need it.

And cases are growing much quicker than the first wave

This is actually how you would win back the public on it too.

Take responsibility for the current outbreak, ratings go down, but you've told people that if they stay home and see nobody and don't go to work or anything for a month then you can be completely unlocked in six weeks.

Then you make sure every person doing the wrong thing is state wide news, then it's their fault lockdown continues longer.

You just quoted yourself to agree with what you wrote? Login under the wrong account?

LOL what can be harsher than what it already is.

Things Victoria isn't currently doing that other countries around the world have in response to COVID-19:

- Permission slips printed out to show to police
- People only allowed into parks and gardens at certain times
- Night curfews
- Only allow grocery stores and pharmacies to open

I could go on...

I've answered this question of yours no less than 10x.

Flatten the curve was fine. They added too many illogical rules, it's been blown well out of proportion, too politicized and goalposts since moved. They lost me 2-3 weeks in from memory, might have been more, but was following the rules despite the ridiculousness of them. Reverting back now and jumping at shadows I will not be doing the same.

You do you.

You just quoted yourself to agree with what you wrote? Login under the wrong account?
Continuing my point, rather than posting without context as there were more posts between my original.

Plus I didn't want to edit the original if people were already interacting with it

Things Victoria isn't currently doing that other countries around the world have in response to COVID-19:

- Night curfews

I could go on...
So pretty much as it is now then.

- checkpoint charlies everywhere
- LOL no different to now with people, playgrounds are closed.
- nothing is open so no diff
- pretty much as it is now

Again why is this country losing the plot over numbers the top 10 would be screaming for, in fact i reckon the top 10 will move on with life before Australia will.

Yeah, I do love how governments across Australia have restrictions on gatherings at your on home, yet on the same breathe tell us its ok to catch public transport so long as we practice social distancing. Lol. Recent Covid research is showing that the virus spreads via aerosol and this is enhanced in indoor places particularly public transport.

It's probably because the Government sees more economic benefit from people going to work in their normal workplaces (particularly in large Business districts), than people going to visit friends and family.

They don't want to have to deal with managing virus infections/illnesses/hospitalisations from both
1. more infections occurring on public transport
2. more infections in peoples homes.

So pretty much as it is now then.

- checkpoint charlies everywhere
- LOL no different to now with people, playgrounds are closed.
- nothing is open so no diff
- pretty much as it is now

Again why is this country losing the plot over numbers the top 10 would be screaming for, in fact i reckon the top 10 will move on with life before Australia will.

What are you trying to get at?

I was arguing that further restrictions could be imposed, you disputed that it cannot get any harsher. I just pointed out that no one in Victoria has to follow those four dot points (as an example of harsher restrictions) which are real life situations in other places dealing with COVID-19.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What are you trying to get at?

I was arguing that further restrictions could be imposed, you disputed that it cannot get any harsher. I just pointed out that no one in Victoria has to follow those four dot points (as an example of harsher restrictions) which are real life situations in other places dealing with COVID-19.
All i'm saying is it's pretty much no different to the current set up anyway.

- Night curfews

Don't speak so soon.

Don't speak so soon.

That's why I said 'currently', and in fact clearly stated restrictions could get harsher.

All i'm saying is it's pretty much no different to the current set up anyway.

No different? Sheesh, if you're going down the Trumpian route of absolute denial in the face of real evidence then I ain't bothering.

When a vaccine or decent treatment is found... or the virus mutates..

Blah blah no vaccine for Corona virus... yes because there has never been a need or this amount of money or research.

Strong rumours of a level 4 lock down coming

You know, if we did a New Zealand we'd be out of this already...

Of course, benefit of hindsight and all that but at the time there was debate as to whether the NZ approach was the best way to deal with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back