Health Coronavirus 2020 / Worldwide (Stats live update in OP) Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Victoria going into stage 4 lockdown is trending on twitter 😔
I remember this the first time when everyone panicked and rushed out to buy everything that wasn't nailed down. Like that time I'd be betting on this being entirely false. Premier literally said this morning no changes at this stage as it was too early to tell if current restrictions working.

CHO Brett Sutton:
"They are all on the table. Further restrictions need to be considered. We can't rule anything out if there aren't sufficient mechanisms to drive down transmission. We would do the minimum required, because we know how much of an imposition it is on businesses and people's lives but if it's required to reduce transmission, then it has to be in play."

Got inside info. Friday it will be

The govt can't just spring it on everyone without working up to it and fair warning without risk of chaotic scenes or even a revolt.

During a press conference Monday, Mr Andrews said it was possible that even tougher restrictions would be introduced.

“We’re not there yet,” he said, but added: “I can’t rule out we have further limits placed on people’s movement. I can’t rule that out.

“As I always said, if we’re planning for it, we’ll share it with the community.”

Mr Andrews said the decision was in the hands of hardworking Victorians.

“If you don’t want a stage 4, if you don’t want the lockdown to last a moment longer, then please follow the rules. Do the right thing by your family, your community, and every family,” he said.

The govt can't just spring it on everyone without working up to it and fair warning without risk of chaotic scenes or even a revolt.

During a press conference Monday, Mr Andrews said it was possible that even tougher restrictions would be introduced.

“We’re not there yet,” he said, but added: “I can’t rule out we have further limits placed on people’s movement. I can’t rule that out.

“As I always said, if we’re planning for it, we’ll share it with the community.”

“If you don’t want a stage 4, if you don’t want the lockdown to last a moment longer, then please follow the rules. Do the right thing by your family, your community, and every family,” he said.

He forgot the bit about not to employ idiots to do hotel quarantine and have a department that does it's job.

I love how they exclude that he was clearly responding to a question when quoting him.

There was lots of pressure to get out from under the doonah here

Well its time to get back under the sunscreen was a dud

(Log in to remove this ad.)

These things don't happen quickly, if there is talk around the edges then it could be because departments are mobilising to enact the directive and word has gotten out to the public.

1000 more army personnel to be deployed to Victoria, the state currently has 400.

1000 more army personnel to be deployed to Victoria, the state currently has 400.
These things need to be ready to go when the switch gets flipped otherwise people will be people, if one side of the city is going to be closed down and the other isn't - everyone is flocking to the open side.

So they have the gate ready to be closed when they say it's happening.

If stage 4 restrictions means you can't leave your postcode then everyone from my postcode will be shopping at the only supermarket in it.

If stage 4 restrictions means you can't leave your postcode then everyone from my postcode will be shopping at the only supermarket in it.
Home delivery dude. Ensure all those jetstar, tiger, virgin and qantas pilots and cabin crew continue to be temporarily employed.

For someone who acts all know it all, you sure do resort to childish comments when you get cornered, i gave you a few simple questions and you didn't answer one of them.

Who are you again?

But you have a valid point. Chirf is prone to doing that.

Its not going too, stop being a scared pollie.

So when in your opinion do see this country moving on and stopping jumping at shadows.

Some examples:

Tasmania extending their State of Emergency because of Victoria despite not having had a case for 61 days, an active case for 33 and no community transmission for 68 and being surrounded by water with the only way in is by plane or boat, that's jumping at shadows wouldn't you say.

WA delaying their easing of restrictions by a few weeks because of Victoria despite being on the other side of the country and having closed their borders to the rest of Australia since day dot, that's jumping at shadows wouldn't you say.

Queensland banning a couple of council districts in NSW because a few people got pissed and got sick, that's jumping at shadows wouldn't you say.

So the question remains, when will this country be able to move on when they are in a state of panic, it's not sensible, it's jumping at shadows and while this country keeps jumping at shadows we will never move on.
Where is the actual question? I see none of these => ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back