Health Coronavirus 2020 / Worldwide (Stats live update in OP) Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think there is any chance of it coming back end of May, even Gil would have conceded that. You literally can't get into WA now and that's only day 1 of the 'island within an island' plan. For AFL to start, we would need all of those state government restrictions lifted which won't happen in two months.

I think there is a chance we'll get some of the season in, maybe even all of it with a miracle, but even with the miracle it wouldn't be starting until August or September.

I've touted a possible solution of moving to a State where containment is definitively working (eg Tasmania), quarantining everyone once they arrive for 14 days, and then ramp up to resuming games (in empty stadiums of course) with shortened quarters to allow for two games a week.

I know it's far fetched but I don't see why that cannot happen in say June in Tasmania if new cases hit zero.

Natural selection if someone is drinking fish tank cleaner because it sounds like the medication

Sure. But I do like how you omitted the rest of my post because it did not fit your narrative of fear-mongering.

Do you still think these restrictions are unacceptable and disproportionate and should be removed?

Sylvia Saint

Cancelled
May 20, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Crusaders
I've touted a possible solution of moving to a State where containment is definitively working (eg Tasmania), quarantining everyone once they arrive for 14 days, and then ramp up to resuming games (in empty stadiums of course) with shortened quarters to allow for two games a week.

I know it's far fetched but I don't see why that cannot happen in say June in Tasmania if new cases hit zero.
I'm pretty sure they are legitimately thinking about doing that haha. Gerard Wheatley mentioned it on his show.

burge13

Brownlow Medallist
Jan 25, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
They'll need 3-4 weeks training together before games.

If there was a poll Id say games begin July . No crowds. GF in Nov somewhere

On SM-G925I using BigFooty.com mobile app
I believe 3 weeks has been agreed to as 'preseason' now which is good for getting back.

New cases declining as testing increases. At this rate we're on for June; don't listen to the sheep who hear scare tactics on 9news and can't think for themselves.

I think Late October GF is looking most likely, not too bad either. However if it goes too much longer, do we even get on at all? I fear not

Chicago tribune. Any aussie outlets? I've not seen it on the news, ACA etc?

Google is your friend. Plenty of publications.

Also from the ABC:

We heard a bit more from the US President Donald Trump a short time ago.

He's addressed the country's decision to stockpile a "tremendous amount" of hydroxychloroquine, which is used to treat malaria.

"What really do we have to lose?

"It is a very strong powerful medicine but it doesn't kill people. We have good results and good tests, you have seen the same tests I have.

"We don't have time to go and say, 'Gee, let's take a couple of years and test it out, and let's go and test with the test tubes and the laboratories'.

"We don't have time. I'd love to do that. We have people dying today as we speak there are people dying."

burge13

Brownlow Medallist
Jan 25, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
Sure. But I do like how you omitted the rest of my post because it did not fit your narrative of fear-mongering.

Do you still think these restrictions are unacceptable and disproportionate and should be removed?
How many times have we been through this ffs?
We'll be out of lockdown by June and the flu (BuT CoViD iSnT tHe FlU - never said it was, irrelevant) will kill more people here. But hey, at least you get to feel heroic for a few weeks with your persistence.

How many times have we been through this ffs?
We'll be out of lockdown by June and the flu (BuT CoViD iSnT tHe FlU - never said it was, irrelevant) will kill more people here. But hey, at least you get to feel heroic for a few weeks with your persistence.

Not answering my questions. Deflecting again.

I'll ask one last time (probably in vain):

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sep 21, 2004
Adel - SA - Aust - Earth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Norwood & Liverpool.
I believe 3 weeks has been agreed to as 'preseason' now which is good for getting back.

New cases declining as testing increases. At this rate we're on for June; don't listen to the sheep who hear scare tactics on 9news and can't think for themselves.

I think Late October GF is looking most likely, not too bad either. However if it goes too much longer, do we even get on at all? I fear not
Late Oct/early GF is a win.

Wouldnt mind if they play games every day/night if there are no crowds

On SM-G925I using BigFooty.com mobile app

Should have googled, agreed. However, I'm yet to see 7, 9 or 10 tell us this. Sensationalism media is better off ignored but that's where most of the sheep get their 'news' then spout off on forums like they're experts

There has been plenty of coverage on possible cures and vaccines (a big story recently about the CSIRO efforts to research a vaccine, TB drugs being used to inoculate health workers, skipping animal trials in US studies etc) but because they don't splash a doctor from New York all over the six o'clock news you think they are slanted? It's still extremely easy to find news about the use of anti-malaria drugs, even Trump promotes it for God's sake - are they censoring Trump?

Who's fear mongering now? Actually, you know what, forget about you.

Bomberboyokay

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts
Sep 27, 2014
AFL Club
Essendon
Should have googled, agreed. However, I'm yet to see 7, 9 or 10 tell us this. Sensationalism media is better off ignored but that's where most of the sheep get their 'news' then spout off on forums like they're experts

So "Media keeping this strangely quiet" has changed to three specific Australian TV channels not in Smallville, New York State.

Mar 5, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Socceroos - Matildas
I’m with you, the moment I read the story I assumed the mum heavily abused the cop and refused to head home on warning.

That's a tad unfair on the mum/daughter if the mum did not abuse the cops in any way over this driving lesson fine.

There is absolutely no evidence yet to suggest that the mum or daughter said or did anything to abuse the cops over this incident.

burge13

Brownlow Medallist
Jan 25, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
Not answering my questions. Deflecting again.

I'll ask one last time (probably in vain):

Answered your question many times already. Youre so swept in being the bigfooty covid authority you mustnt be reading replies to questions youask over and over and over again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back